Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs, time to lock up 5th seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I wouldn't be surprised if Kadri ups his game further after those comments. :laugh:

Probably wrong guy to talk about Gallagher. Kadri seems like someone who will feed on stuff like that.

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
Im loving all the positivity ITT.

Lets go boys. So begins our 8 game series which we will be taking care of in 5 games.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Gallagher seems mad.

He seems like someone who needs an ass kicking. He's like one of those young teenagers that doesn't know when to shut up and he keeps talking and talking saying whatever he wants before someone bigger comes around who won't stand for it and pops him one to shut him up. Eventually someone is going to just tag him one..the kid is 19 and talking about respect?????Let's get real here, earn your stripes kid before yapping.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
The only person I see "yapping" on the bench is Subban and Gallagher. I don't know if it's just locker room culture or if some of the Habs players are mentally unstable, but they need a whiff of reality. Orr, McLaren, Fraser and Co. gave them that wake up call.

Let's hope the Habs don't call the police over my comments...or worse, they might call the police when the Leafs take them out in 6.

GO LEAFS GO!

You never saw Kadri yapping. Every ****ing play he yaps.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
i don't promote violence in hockey...but say if orr or mclaren take out markov or subban...a suspension wouldn't really matter.

lolgallagher. didn't he already get beaten up by a leaf?

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
i don't promote violence in hockey...but say if orr or mclaren take out markov or subban...a suspension wouldn't really matter.

according to the habs, hitting them (giving out checks) is considered an act of violence. They would call 911 on us. Anyone recall the Chara-Patrioretty incident and Chara under criminal investigation.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't even remember the last time the Leafs "gooned" it up. McLaren and Orr rarely ever do anything dirty, all they do is make sure they keep the other team on their toes.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
You never saw Kadri yapping. Every ****ing play he yaps.

Nazem Kadri - 18g, 26a, 44pts in 47gp and a +18

Brendan Gallagher - 14g, 12a, 26pts in 43gp and a +7

Kadri has played 217 professional hockey games (98 in NHL, 119 in AHL).
Gallagher has played 79 professional hockey games (43 NHL, 36 AHL)

Kadri has paid his dues, if he wants to yap so be it because he'll back it up on the scoresheet

Gallagher is just a whiny little *****. I suppose you could say he's the prototypical Montreal Canadien.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
gallagher is definitely the perfect hab, they can run their mouth, play dirty, but as soon as you hit them once, they start crying about respect and how dirty you are. Its all just going to bite him in the ass in the playoffs, because nobody is going to put up with his **** anymore, and someone will want to fight him and he will run to the bench with subban crying like a little girl.

kadri took on viktor hedman, im sure hes very scared of 5'9" gallagher.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Seems like Kadri is prepared:

"Can't wait. We've been away from the city for almost too long," Kadri said. It was nice to get up here and kind of throw our feet up a little bit and get two points out of it, but I'm ready to go back and handle our business on Saturday."

I think Kadri will handle his business just fine.

So far he has destroyed: Emelin, Eller and Gallagher.

Who's next?

This is one Leafs game I'll be watching :D

Seems like Eller hasn't forgot Kadri's knock and stare :laugh:

OTR Ep. With Eller.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nhl-latest/latest/3/0/914201/clip/487

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/v2/ext/live/

Practice at 10:30 live...who watches practice though? I'll try it today :laugh:

BH0gVnICYAMpjNc.jpg:large

Last edited:

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Wonder if little 5'9 Gallagher will get his wish and have Kadri settle some unfinished business.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/04/habs-rookie-brendan-gallagher-wont-back-down.html

He's also swiftly gained quite a reputation and has developed some on-ice feuds with foes like Maple Leafs centre Nazem Kadri. The two were at each other in their last meeting a couple of weeks ago.

"I don't mind getting hit when I have the puck," Gallagher told two reporters after the last Leafs-Habs game two weeks ago. He played against Kadri in the AHL earlier this season.

"I'm willing to take shots and do all the stuff in front of the net. But if it's dirty, I don't like it.

"He sits on the bench yapping his mouth, he gets on the ice and all of a sudden he's scared. I don't know what to say about that.

There's a lot of guys in this league I respect. I don't know if he's one of them."

Nice to see Gallaghers contracted whineritus. It's hard to avoid in montreal. No one complains like they do...911, cops, sponsorship pullouts..this team gives us so much material, LOL :laugh:

I enjoyed every second of watching him suffer.

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hopefully it will be simple tonight. We win, Bruins win and the matchup with Habs is set. We don't have to wait till tomorrow night. Go Leafs Go!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Nice to see Gallaghers contracted whineritus. It's hard to avoid in montreal. No one complains like they do...911, cops, sponsorship pullouts..this team gives us so much material, LOL :laugh:

I enjoyed every second of watching him suffer.

What gets me is that they have nothing to complain about. They had by far the most PP time out of any team in the league this year and they ***** and complain about the refs..A little advice to them...don't ***** and whine if your team can't do jack **** on the PP

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008

I also wouldn't advocate injury or anything, but tonight should be a statement game in the sense that they should dress the goon squad and tell those two to simply intimidate every Hab on the ice. They should play a lot tonight, crushing on the forecheck, crash the **** outta whiny Price, and try to entice a few fights with their supposed tough guys.

Just get in their heads even further tonight boys, that's all I want from this game. We just need a point to secure 5th.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 4m
Should mention that Tyler Bozak is not on the ice for optional skate. Status tonight in doubt.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Carlyle messes with the media all the time. It would not surprise me to see Bozak in the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad