Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs, time to lock up 5th seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's only ~45 hours away.

I don't think Carlyle rests anyone.

I expect ROB, McLaren, Bozak back in the line up.

Let's hope they give the Habs another spanking just before the playoffs start.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hope they embarrass Price like they did in the last game! Well I do enjoy close fought games such as a 3-2 or 4-3 win instead of blow outs such as 6-0 or 5-1...

Either way, I hope they come out blazing like they did tonight.

xyzz

Aug 18, 2008
If we beat them on saturday night its definitely Toronto vs. Montreal first round right?

or am i mistaken?

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
If Montreal is to be our first round opponents, best treat this like a playoff game...punish the hell out of them physically.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
If we beat them on saturday night its definitely Toronto vs. Montreal first round right?

or am i mistaken?
Not necessarily. Think Montreal has a higher ROW than Boston, so Boston needs at least a point in its last two games.

Blair

Oct 15, 2006
Edmonton, AB

or am i mistaken?

MTL vs TOR will probably be the 4 5 matchup even if we lose, unless the Sens win out and the habs beat us in regulation (in which case our playoff series would be against the Capitals).

Edit: Forgot that the Bruins could still blow the division. We may still end up playing Boston. =p

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

or am i mistaken?

I think if Toronto wins and Boston loses their last two games, Boston is tied with Montreal and Montreal has the tiebreaker, so the Leafs would play Boston.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Therrien might not even start him, just to keep his confidence intact.

That would do the exact opposite. If Therrien didn't play him it could show Price a lack of confidence and could really mess with his head right before the playoffs against a team that they're most likely playing.

xyzz

Aug 18, 2008
Not necessarily. Think Montreal has a higher ROW than Boston, so Boston needs at least a point in its last two games.

thats right. 1 point in 2 games from boston isnt guaranteed, but is very likely... From a coaching perspective I think we can consider this a pregame matchup before the series.

Lets see lots of Orr, Mclaren and Komorov and set the tone for the series.

Egoclapper

Dec 21, 2010
It's only ~45 hours away.

I don't think Carlyle rests anyone.

I expect ROB, McLaren, Bozak back in the line up.

Let's hope they give the Habs another spanking just before the playoffs start.
O'brynes a pylon, rest him saturday and the rest of the playoffs. Keep Kostka in.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I am praying for the best match up for us to go on a run. so if that's Montreal, let's go. If it's Boston, I'm not scared. Washington? will be fun.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Please keep the Lupul-Kadri-Kessel line alive for a while.

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Bozak-Kulemin
Komarov-Grabovski-MacArthur
Frattin-Colborne-McClement

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Expecting a loss here. Price will be motivated to shut us down.
Well I think he should have been motivated not to get blown out of the net in the previous game too, but that didn't help :laugh:.

At the very least the Leafs should be motivated for this one. Big game at home and need to win this to make sure they stay 5th and likely to face Montreal.

TheDream

May 3, 2011
Ontario
Im hoping for a close game where the leafs win it by a goal. No blowouts by either team. If we blow them out 6-0, the habs coaches are gonna analyze the **** outta our team and prepare the habs that much more for the playoffs. On the other end, the leafs player will underestimate the habs if they blow them out again and probably wont bring their A game against them. A nice 2-1 win for the leafs will be suffice.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio

or am i mistaken?

I posted this tonight in another thread but I'll put t in here too.

Here the break down of our chances for match ups:

If we get less than 1 point on Saturday AND Ottawa wins both of their remaining game they will bump us down to 6th and we play Washington. If Ottawa get 3 or less points we remain the 5th seed. If we get at least 1 point we remain the 5th seed and play either Montreal or Boston.

Right now Boston and Montreal are tied for points (61 each) but Boston has a game in hand. Boston Plays Washington Saturday night and plays Ottawa on Sunday (Big game for Leafs fans, especially if we lose to Montreal Saturday)

Of course a win Saturday against Montreal will be huge! Montreal would remain at 61 points If Boston doesn't win another game and remains at 61 points also, we would have to look at tie breakers. Montreal currently has an ROW of 25 and Boston is at 24. If we beat Montreal on Saturday and Boston picks up just 1 point in the remaining 2 games they have left we will face the Canadiens in the first round of the playoffs!!

If we lose to Montreal on Saturday AND Ottawa wins both of their remaining games which includes one on Sunday against Boston we will be bumped down to 6th and If Boston loses their game against Washinton Montreal will win the division.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Carlyle won`t rest anyone. Or he better not.

If we lose this game in regulation with guys sitting, and the Sens win their last two, we play Washington. Would be a colossal ****up.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Game 0 :laugh:

Hope we end up playing them. We can win and make it more likely, but Boston has a lot to say about the final standings.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Basically if we win we are guaranteed to face a struggling NE team. I'll take that any day of the week.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Im hoping for a close game where the leafs win it by a goal. No blowouts by either team. If we blow them out 6-0, the habs coaches are gonna analyze the **** outta our team and prepare the habs that much more for the playoffs. On the other end, the leafs player will underestimate the habs if they blow them out again and probably wont bring their A game against them. A nice 2-1 win for the leafs will be suffice.

Meh I'll take any type of win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad