Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs, time to lock up 5th seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Dreger said he is banged up, I hope it is not worse than what it may be, but for him to miss back to back games there is worry. That hit he took the other night may have tweaked something.

Exactly.

James Mirtle @mirtle
Carlyle basically confirms Bozak was hurt in Tampa, saying injury developed in last week. I recall he took at least one big hit there.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
James Mirtle @mirtle
Carlyle basically confirms Bozak was hurt in Tampa, saying injury developed in last week. I recall he took at least one big hit there.
Yeah his hit on Bozak was one of about 4 penalties Gudas should've received that game. Hopefully Bozie can come back soontimes.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Just wanted to make note.

John Bartlett ‏@BartsBytes 38s
#Habs Peter Budaj taking morning skate in the visiting net. Looks like he might be the starter in goal tonight.

I guess Price may be rested for the playoffs so he can be fresh to face the Leafs? Good luck tonight, guys. I've enjoyed this season series despite being blown out constantly, and I look forward to a playoff series against the Leafs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Exactly.

James Mirtle @mirtle

Sad, but that was when we sat Orr and Mclaren, the Czech kid hit him hard. He was running around a bit out there, almost took Colborne's knee out too.

Bozak is a very key player for us, 20 mins a game and he brings a tool bag of skills we will miss.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I guess Price may be rested for the playoffs so he can be fresh to face the Leafs? Good luck tonight, guys. I've enjoyed this season series despite being blown out constantly, and I look forward to a playoff series against the Leafs.

Hab fans are not welcome here, no matter how informative and nice their posts are.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe

FYI McLaren is out for us, so we're not dressing our full "goon squad".

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What did I say earlier in this thread? Therrien would start Budaj in this game. Price has had 2 good games, I'm sure he wouldn't risk him having a bad game right before the playoffs.

Price is a great goalie though, I would have put him in there. I think we'll see a different Price in the playoffs. He's just a great competitor to lay down and lose.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Man, Gardiner out again is brutal. I don't like Kostka much, and Gardiner should get a look this game. Too bad.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
FYI McLaren is out for us, so we're not dressing our full "goon squad".

I don't believe there is reason to either. Komarov and Kadri have been getting under the skin of the Habs all season, and they'll likely be at it again tonight. Any idea whether he'll be dressed during the playoffs?

yaa, I'm sure that's the reason. :sarcasm:

Honestly, I'd prefer he play tonight. He stunk it up pretty bad the last time he faced the Leafs and it would suck to have that be the last thing he remembers as he heads into the playoffs against that very same team.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I don't believe there is reason to either. Komarov and Kadri have been getting under the skin of the Habs all season, and they'll likely be at it again tonight. Any idea whether he'll be dressed during the playoffs?

Signs pointing towards yes. I would guess that Carlyle dresses Orr and McClaren, at least on the road to start the series. Depending on how things are playing out, wouldn't be surprised if he dresses only one of them, or decides to go with a 4th "scoring line".

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Signs pointing towards yes. I would guess that Carlyle dresses Orr and McClaren, at least on the road to start the series. Depending on how things are playing out, wouldn't be surprised if he dresses only one of them, or decides to go with a 4th "scoring line".

If he trails in a series, I think that he won't dress both of them. But to start, yes, he will dress both of them.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Sorry folks, Gardiner played himself into the press box. I actually felt good with Kostka the other night. Albeit against the cats. I don't think Gardiner plays another game unless someone plays horribly for a couple games or injuries occur.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Sorry folks, Gardiner played himself into the press box. I actually felt good with Kostka the other night. Albeit against the cats. I don't think Gardiner plays another game unless someone plays horribly for a couple games or injuries occur.

True. I don't blame Gardiner though. He got like one game every 5 games and had to be pitch perfect to get another chance.

He and Liles have been on very short leashes. They make a mistake and they are scratched.

I can't see Gardiner getting a game right now in the playoffs. I think he could be great against the Habs, they don't forecheck hard, and will leave a lot of room for Gardiner.

He's made a lot of mistakes this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad