GDT: Habs@Leafs 7 PM CBC

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I just find him a bit sad. The guy was a pretty decent poster once, and he's got a good eye for talent. Unfortunately, it usually takes a back seat to whatever motivations he's got for taking a particular stance on a particular subject.

I just wish people would leave him alone instead of giving him attention.
You're not wrong.

He does make some pretty good points. Unfortunately it appears he leads such a miserable life and it prevents him from being a pleasant person.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
expecting another no show from blackhole brown tonight. This "accountability" garbage is such a joke, the only 4 players it counts for is carrick, kap, nylander and sometimes marner.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
expecting another no show from blackhole brown tonight. This "accountability" garbage is such a joke, the only 4 players it counts for is carrick, kap, nylander and sometimes marner.
not sure what your getting at? Only carrick, kap, nylander and marner are accountable? What about Anderson, Kadri, JVR, Mathews, Hainsey etc... ?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
not sure what your getting at? Only carrick, kap, nylander and marner are accountable? What about Anderson, Kadri, JVR, Mathews, Hainsey etc... ?
those players aren't held accountable to any standard, yes.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010

Brownie has struggled in his sophomore season to be sure, but he's still a hard worker and responsible defensively. He belongs in the top 12.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
I've missed so many games lately; well, they haven't played much, but night shifts and all.

For once I'm home with nothing planned when the Leafs play. I'll be watching this one with the missus.

I'm also pretty pumped that the Leafs can pull within a few points of Boston with a win tonight if Boston can lose to Tampa.

Cheers everyone and Happy St-Patty's day!

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Brownie has struggled in his sophomore season to be sure, but he's still a hard worker and responsible defensively. He belongs in the top 12.
top 12? you mean on the team? that measure simply isn't good enough. Hes got the skill to be a top 6 guy or at least top 9 and he has done zilch offensively this season, pick it up or get the hell out!

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Any standard that you know of. It's completely ridiculous to assume that Auston Matthews isn't held to any kind of standard. I mean give me a break. Just because a player isn't swiftly sent to the 4th line doesn't mean they aren't being held accountable.
woah woah woah, what the hell are you talking about? There have been games this year where matthews has been a bottom 3 forward on the team, where matthews has turned the puck over lots of times and been a huge minus on the night and literally nothing happens for it. And to be clear, 34 is my favorite player on the team. The difference is, in babs eyes, hes the golden boy and nylander is a soft swede. It is literally impossible for you to sit here and argue that the players on this team are being held equally accountable, it isn't even close to being a reasonable claim. Anyways back to my point, brown specifically is skirting by worry free and its complete bullshit. Hes been an offensive blackhole and for a guy with all that talent he needs to be held accountable for it, and he simply isnt. People talk about how "oh komarov and polak suck ya ya ya" but what about brown? How can komarov be considered abysmal while brown only has 6 more points in the same number of games... especially when brown is unanimously viewed as having significantly more skill/talent than leo? its just a complete shit argument.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
of montreal ends up getting dahlin they will trade him away in a year or 2 when lefreieve (sp) or whatever his name is gets drafted the following year. hes being dubbed the next big thing out of Quebec.

on the game in hand. beat them in to submission. no webber so mostly smurfs

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
What happened to leivo?

C-neGkzXgAAPUCc.jpg:small

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
With Florida losing tonight i think they are done trying to catch us. They had a minimal chance but its going to be dead tonight. They will be 16 points back with 13 games left.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
woah woah woah, what the hell are you talking about? There have been games this year where matthews has been a bottom 3 forward on the team, where matthews has turned the puck over lots of times and been a huge minus on the night and literally nothing happens for it. And to be clear, 34 is my favorite player on the team. The difference is, in babs eyes, hes the golden boy and nylander is a soft swede. It is literally impossible for you to sit here and argue that the players on this team are being held equally accountable, it isn't even close to being a reasonable claim. Anyways back to my point, brown specifically is skirting by worry free and its complete bull****. Hes been an offensive blackhole and for a guy with all that talent he needs to be held accountable for it, and he simply isnt. People talk about how "oh komarov and polak suck ya ya ya" but what about brown? How can komarov be considered abysmal while brown only has 6 more points in the same number of games... especially when brown is unanimously viewed as having significantly more skill/talent than leo? its just a complete **** argument.
I don't disagree with you about Brown he has been completely underwhelming this season. My main point was that I think it is a pretty large leap in logic to think that just because Matthews isn't shuttered to the 4th line after a bad game that they aren't holding him accountable. There are more ways to do it then taking ice time from a player. How they decide to do that who knows at times. I'm 100% with you on Brown and how bad he has been just think you are a little off base with the rest of your argument.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I don't disagree with you about Brown he has been completely underwhelming this season. My main point was that I think it is a pretty large leap in logic to think that just because Matthews isn't shuttered to the 4th line after a bad game that they aren't holding him accountable. There are more ways to do it then taking ice time from a player. How they decide to do that who knows at times. I'm 100% with you on Brown and how bad he has been just think you are a little off base with the rest of your argument.
Right but you are talking about this logically, that isn't what we are seeing being practiced in reality here. What we are seeing is crap like "1 bad game at C for nylander = kicked back to wing and minutes scaled back by 10-15%" or if he has a bad winger game or 2 babs has no problem demoting him to the 4th line, hes done it 4 or 5 times in 2 years. My point is, compare that to the komarov or bozak treatment. It took babs more than 1.5 YEARS to move komarov down off of kadri's line, so when 1 guy gets a 1.5 game leash and 1 guy gets a 1.5 year leash I just cant sit here and agree that these decisions are being made based on logic, its very clear that large cognitive biases are holding us back and its just disgusting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad