GDT: Habs@Leafs 7 PM CBC

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Johnsson-Nylander-Hyman should be interesting. It will give us a better sense of Johnsson with decent minutes and a skilled guy like Nylander centering the line.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kick the Habs ass tonight.

Bolts kick the Bruins ass tonight.

Matthews returns and kicks the Bolts ass on Tuesday

Profit

Reactions: Leafs1993

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Moore in for Leivo tonight is meh, but Moore hasn’t played in a while, so that’s okay I guess?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Johnsson with Nylander is interesting. It would be nice to see Johnsson and Plekanec get on the board tonight.

Does Montreal actually have all of those players injured (listed in OP)?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So we are just going to rotate depth guys in and out until the PO I guess. I get it, keep them ready.

GREAT NEWS!!! Johnsson will be afforded a real opportunity, the one that Leivo was never afforded EVER! Playing on a top rate line haha. Leivo must be ballistic deep down inside, oh man, that must sting so hard.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'd much rather see Leivo (and I'm not a big Leivo supporter). Wouldn't care if we didn't see Moore again all year.

I assume when Matthews is back on Tuesday (assuming) Johnsson will go back down and Leivo will be plugged into the lineup.

But Leivo, Martin and Moore are likely all to rotate in and out until the playoffs, or whenever Komarov comes back, if he does.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Johnsson with Nylander and Hyman? I like that Babcock.
Marner back with Kadri and Marleau as well.
Johnsson and Nylander should be deadly quickly. They had instant chemistry with the Marlies when AJ came over before he took that cheap shot to the head.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Also, how sick could Zaitsev be? Seems quite serious.
Could be staph, tb (less likely), but id bet on severe bronchitis. There’s literally no way that you could play with bad bronchitis and it takes 1 to 2 weeks go go away so the timeline fits.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Johnsson and Nylander should be deadly quickly. They had instant chemistry with the Marlies when AJ came over before he took that cheap shot to the head.

The Lefty with the Righty chemistry connection. Babcock has awoken to the reality, it's hard to make fast on the fly plays with Hyman on your strong passing side... because he can't take a pass for one and two, he is right handed... imagine these are stick curves flying up the ice.. ) <--Hyman ) <--Nylander ) <--Brown

Who would set it up like that? It's strange.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The Lefty with the Righty chemistry connection. Babcock has awoken to the reality, it's hard to make fast on the fly plays with Hyman on your strong passing side... because he can't take a pass for one and two, he is right handed... imagine these are stick curves flying up the ice.. ) <--Hyman ) <--Nylander ) <--Brown

Who would set it up like that? It's strange.
Or Johnsson is more skilled :dunno:
I still find it weird that you think Nylander is incapable of sweet backhand dishes.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Health
Adenovirus looks like flu, acts like flu, but it's not influenza

by Maggie Fox / Jan.28.2018 / 11:05 AM ET / Updated Jan.30.2018 / 8:55 AM ET

This virus might be adding to ‘flu’ misery, but you can't get the vaccine

It looks like flu. It feels like flu. It even puts patients into the hospital like flu can.
There’s another virus out there that could be adding to the seasonal misery, but it’s not being identified.
The virus is called adenovirus, and it can cause very severe flu-like symptoms. It’s so risky that the U.S. military vaccinates recruits against two major strains.

Maybe this is what Zaitsev has?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Or Johnsson is more skilled :dunno:
I still find it weird that you think Nylander is incapable of sweet backhand dishes.

Did you see him blow one the other game? It was terrible so he put Marleau on his wing the next shift lol. It's not that he can't, he simply can not do it with the same degree of success. It's harder to do.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Johnsson proving Leivo needs to step his game up. Johnsson more noticeable at 7 min than Leivo at 10.

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Did you see him blow one the other game? It was terrible so he put Marleau on his wing the next shift lol. It's not that he can't, he simply can not do it with the same degree of success. It's harder to do.
I've also seen him make tons of successful backhand passes. Probably with equal success as his forehand passes.
I've seen many blown passes from him and every single nhl player on their forehand. All passes get flubbed in many ways. To say Nylander is bad at backhand passes is wrong.
Receiving passes on a laers backhand is actually more difficult especially at speed. Maybe that's the hill you should address?

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I've also seen him make tons of successful backhand passes. Probably with equal success as his forehand passes.
I've seen many blown passes from him and every single nhl player on their forehand. All passes get flubbed in many ways. To say Nylander is bad at backhand passes is wrong.
Receiving passes on a laers backhand is actually more difficult especially at speed. Maybe that's the hill you should address?

Studies have been conducted. I don't need to reinvent the wheel here. What I am saying is proven and although this study is of D, much of it applies between two players of the opposite handedness.
Conclusion
After performing various tests to both validate the importance of handedness with respect to the performance of d-pairings and determine exactly how important it is as a variable, it is safe to conclude that NHL teams are justified in their pursuit of a balanced shooting d-corps. Correspondingly, handedness definitely warrants a place in the decision making process when identifying ideal pieces to fill a vacant roster spot.
Quantifying The Importance of Handedness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad