GDT: Habs@Leafs 7 PM CBC

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leafs win 5-4 in OT
William Nylander with his 2nd career hat trick

I’m down to give the Habs a point but I don’t really care what happens as long as we win.

Habs can get Dahlin and they would still suck. It’s just not a team we have to worry about for the next decade or so.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Studies have been conducted. I don't need to reinvent the wheel here. What I am saying is proven and although this study is of D, much of it applies between two players of the opposite handedness.

Quantifying The Importance of Handedness
The importance of handednews for D is in a large part receiving the puck on their backhand when it comes around the boards and passes along the blueline from D to D. Again it's the receiving of the puck that is the tricky part

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The importance of handednews for D is in a large part receiving the puck on their backhand when it comes around the boards and passes along the blueline from D to D. Again it's the receiving of the puck that is the tricky part

The answers and reason are in the article. If you wish to ignore the puck protection, transition and data that's fine. D pass between each other a lot and it's a benefit to be opposite handed. The argument that he can backhand the puck up the ice is shaky at best. We know he can, yes, but as proficiently and speedily as he can on his forehand? Absolutely not. It's like saying you can pass behind you back better than you can normally.

No point in debating this any further. Opposite handed players moving up the ice together passing between each other is advantageous vs. two players holding their sticks the same manner.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Never want to see injuries but the flip side is that we get to see some of the younger/lesser players getting a chance.

Carrick has been really good lately. I don't know how you sit him after this stint when everyone is healthy.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Never want to see injuries but the flip side is that we get to see some of the younger/lesser players getting a chance.

Carrick has been really good lately. I don't know how you sit him after this stint when everyone is healthy.
Agree with your first point, disagree about Carrick. I’d rather give Holl another game or two to prove himself. He looked better than Polak and Carrick in the limited chance he’s had to prove himself

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Hyman should be a RW while we’re on the subject. His stone hands would be much better suited to playing the RW.

I don’t mind a guy playing his off-wing, but only if it’s because he’s a scorer who has a good shot and that side makes his angle to the net and his target bigger ala Ovie, Laine, Teresenko ... mogilny and Bure back in the day

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
A 6-0 Saturday St. Patrick's night shellacking would be nice. Expect McElhenny, Rielly, Carrick and McKadri to have big games. Of course Shanahan would love this as well.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Said it in the pre game thread but Montreal is the worst team in the league on the road. 1-9 in their last 10 games on the road and 9-22-4 in the season. They are the 3rd lowest scoring team in the league above only Buffalo and Arizona. We are 2-0 against them this season in Montreal where they play their best. (4-3 SO, 6-0)

We need to come out and play up to our potential, make sure they don't get any breathing room and take away the sliver of a chance they have this game.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
just switching Hyman and Kapanen would make the lines really good.

though it is good to see Hyman on the RW at least.

super BS that Leivo is sitting again. hope he draws back in next game.

Reactions: X66

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
just switching Hyman and Kapanen would make the lines really good.

though it is good to see Hyman on the RW at least.

super BS that Leivo is sitting again. hope he draws back in next game.

Until Leo is back I’m pretty Moore will be in the lineup unless he’s a complete disaster. Babcock wants PK and defensive draw options, something Leivo can’t do.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Hyman should be a RW while we’re on the subject. His stone hands would be much better suited to playing the RW.

I don’t mind a guy playing his off-wing, but only if it’s because he’s a scorer who has a good shot and that side makes his angle to the net and his target bigger ala Ovie, Laine, Teresenko ... mogilny and Bure back in the day
And to that point AJ is left handed but likes sniping from the right face off dot

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
3rd game in 4th and no Matthews, Anderson, Zaitsev and Komorov.

Hope the tired legs get it done tonight and I hope Niemi returns to letting beachballs in. He's actually been pretty good for them and it's gonna hurt their tank.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
3rd game in 4th and no Matthews, Anderson, Zaitsev and Komorov.

Hope the tired legs get it done tonight and I hope Niemi returns to letting beachballs in. He's actually been pretty good for them and it's gonna hurt their tank.

Pretty sure their other goalie isn’t playing.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
It would be great to see a blowout victory for the Leafs, something for the history books in the double digit range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad