GDT: Habs@Leafs 7 PM CBC

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
3rd game in 4th and no Matthews, Anderson, Zaitsev and Komorov.

Hope the tired legs get it done tonight and I hope Niemi returns to letting beachballs in. He's actually been pretty good for them and it's gonna hurt their tank.

Luckily we are facing Lindgren and not Niemi. - Which is totally not something I though I'd say even 3 months ago in regards to MTL goaltending :laugh:

MTL has one of the worst differential's in the league. They can't score to save their lives, and can't keep the puck out of their own net.

We have a chance to get within 3 points of Boston tonight, who have lost 2 of their last 3 and face Tampa Bay tonight.

As I say against every non-playoff team, we need to be able to win games like this.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Luckily we are facing Lindgren and not Niemi. - Which is totally not something I though I'd say even 3 months ago in regards to MTL goaltending :laugh:

MTL has one of the worst differential's in the league. They can't score to save their lives, and can't keep the puck out of their own net.

We have a chance to get within 3 points of Boston tonight, who have lost 2 of their last 3 and face Tampa Bay tonight.

As I say against every non-playoff team, we need to be able to win games like this.
On paper the Leafs should have the advantage. However let's remember what happened the first time they played Buffalo this season.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
On paper the Leafs should have the advantage. However let's remember what happened the first time they played Buffalo this season.

The Leafs still largely outplayed Buffalo that game, just got incredibly unlucky, if we bring the same effort tonight, we should win.

But, you're correct in that we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch

Cotton

May 13, 2013
It would be great to see a blowout victory for the Leafs, something for the history books in the double digit range.

You never know, Charlie Lindgren has let in 16 goals in his last 3 games.

On another note, there was an actual Go Leafs Go post from a Habs fan on their GDT. Unbelievable.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Johnsson was trying to hard to be aggressive last game. Hopefully he finds a way to settle down and use his head first this game. Lots of instances on the board where a simple stick check would have worked rather than wasting all his energy with his body.

I feel like he does this (settles down, uses energy wisely) and gets a goal tonight. Komarov usually gets 1-2 scoring chances a night so maybe that chance will land on Johnsson's stick.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Is TWS the biggest stiff on the forums?
I just find him a bit sad. The guy was a pretty decent poster once, and he's got a good eye for talent. Unfortunately, it usually takes a back seat to whatever motivations he's got for taking a particular stance on a particular subject.

I just wish people would leave him alone instead of giving him attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad