Post-Game Talk: Habs' joy crushed in Joysey!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Statistically, you may be right. But Monahan was a valuable vet, stabilizing the lineup, and was a very good pro in the room, from all accounts.
When you get Evans and…? To help when an important face-off is needed from Suzuki, it leaves nothing out there. He was a quality vet. They have nobody now.
It’s not about the stats (although he contributed more than the plugs that are there right now), but about what a true professional, quality vet brings. This squad lacks quality vets. All falls on the kids. Which is the worst way to develop youngins btw.
Amusingly, the vets with the 'A' since this season started have been Matheson and Gallagher...

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
We've played maybe two entertaining games so far this season. That's it. The team is not at all competitive. You wrote that after this competitive team extending its loosing steak to five games!
Your standards must be very high if you've only been entertained twice all season. There have been a lot of games this year where even when we lost. There we aspects of the games that were enjoyable to watch.

Lol yeah okay my timing is off. But before this 5 game losing streak, we were almost a .500 team. Does that make us a Stanley Cup contender? Nope, does it make us a playoff shoe in? Nope, but it does make us a competitive team.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Your standards must be very high if you've only been entertained twice all season. There have been a lot of games this year where even when we lost. There we aspects of the games that were enjoyable to watch.

Lol yeah okay my timing is off. But before this 5 game losing streak, we were almost a .500 team. Does that make us a Stanley Cup contender? Nope, does it make us a playoff shoe in? Nope, but it does make us a competitive team.
There has been some seriously boring hockey this season. Flashes of Slavkovsy and Suzuki and the odd Xhekaj moment have been about my only reasons to watch and all three of those elements have had thei iffy moments.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Tired with the old we deserved better. Just a loser empty talk. You deserve better when you actually do better. Its as if the game of hockey is who deserve more than the other. It's not.

Even if I think that I'm a good guy and not bad looking so I deserve Beyonce....I'm not going to have her......

Reactions: Pomee and teamfirst

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
There has been some seriously boring hockey this season. Flashes of Slavkovsy and Suzuki and the odd Xhekaj moment have been about my only reasons to watch and all three of those elements have had thei iffy moments.
That's kind of what you have to expect. At first, I hated the idea of a rebuild, because personally I hate losing at anything. Once I got my head around it, I've started to enjoy the games a lot more. Seeing things like you mentioned. Slafkovsky's improvement, Monty slowly becoming a true #1 goalie right before our eyes. Suzuki proving that he was definitely the right choice to lead our team. Struble coming out of nowhere (atleast for me) and becoming a stabilizer to our defense. Roy showing flashes of being a true top 6 player.

That is what I mean about being entertained. It may not be the end results (Wins), but I'm still finding ways to keep myself positive and interested in the team. Plus win or lose, we're staying in most games. Even today against the Devils. On paper, they should blow us out. We kept it close, but in the end. We just don't have the firepower to match them. It didn't help that Anderson couldn't hit water if he fell out of a f***ing boat.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Tired with the old we deserved better. Just a loser empty talk. You deserve better when you actually do better. Its as if the game of hockey is who deserve more than the other. It's not.

Even if I think that I'm a good guy and not bad looking so I deserve Beyonce....I'm not going to have her......
For the record, I think you can do better than Beyonce. ;)

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Not specifically but by association. The pathetic man v man concept is far more responsible than any given player. Carbonneau was harping on it again. It's okay to use it in specific instances but to use it as a main staple is just plain DUMB. Invariably someone screws up and then like a house of cards everything falls apart. One of the goals was a weak tap in on a weak play towards the net that Arber eats for breakfast if he's playing positional hockey owning his ice and blocking out the forward. Of course he was busy elsewhere covering a player who was no threat at all.
Sadly with us having such a young team. That's the easiest way for the players to kind of be on the same page. Hell it's the same style we teach my daughter's team. Which is why I'm hoping that MSL will implement a proper system for next season.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
That's kind of what you have to expect. At first, I hated the idea of a rebuild, because personally I hate losing at anything. Once I got my head around it, I've started to enjoy the games a lot more. Seeing things like you mentioned. Slafkovsky's improvement, Monty slowly becoming a true #1 goalie right before our eyes. Suzuki proving that he was definitely the right choice to lead our team. Struble coming out of nowhere (atleast for me) and becoming a stabilizer to our defense. Roy showing flashes of being a true top 6 player.

That is what I mean about being entertained. It may not be the end results (Wins), but I'm still finding ways to keep myself positive and interested in the team. Plus win or lose, we're staying in most games. Even today against the Devils. On paper, they should blow us out. We kept it close, but in the end. We just don't have the firepower to match them. It didn't help that Anderson couldn't hit water if he fell out of a f***ing boat.
I should have mentioned Struble, Roy and Monty too! Good points.

I just want to see good hockey. Or at least physical hockey. If we win, cool, but if we don't that's fine too as we are a rebuilding team. Just don't put me to sleep! Lol

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I should have mentioned Struble, Roy and Monty too! Good points.

I just want to see good hockey. Or at least physical hockey. If we win, cool, but if we don't that's fine too as we are a rebuilding team. Just don't put me to sleep! Lol
Yeah and I probably missed a few other players that have impressed me.

We're getting there. Yes me too, that's one area that I've been a little disappointed in. Especially with our forwards. I know they're not big overall, but that doesn't mean they can't be a bit more physical. That's the way I look at it. If we win great, and if we lose that's good too. I just want to see improvements from game to game. Lol sadly this year I've fallen asleep a couple of times during games.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Eesh! Suzuki with Gallagher and Matheson as assistants is a lot like St.Louis with Letowski and Burrows as his assistants. Brutal.
Gross.

Sadly with us having such a young team. That's the easiest way for the players to kind of be on the same page. Hell it's the same style we teach my daughter's team. Which is why I'm hoping that MSL will implement a proper system for next season.
Or could that bantam hockey is the best we can aspire from MSL. I don't have any hope for him or his buddies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Not with that attitude you won't 💃

• Haha
Reactions: Whitesnake

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Gross.

Or could that bantam hockey is the best we can aspire from MSL. I don't have any hope for him or his buddies.
Lol definitely possible. But since MSL played for some talented coaches. I'd guess that he picked up on some systems more complicated than he's using now.

A lot depends if Dach goes down again. Odds are he will
IF he goes down again. I think it's time to take him out behind the woodshed. ;)

Reactions: Runner77 and Habs13

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Everything would need to be perfect for the Habs to make the playoff next year:

1- Draft Celebrini and he leaves college and he is a calder contender with 50 + points.

2- All the key players avoid injuries and play 85 % of the games ( Celebrini, Dach, Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield, Matheson, Savard, Guhle, Montembault). It's not impossible but unlikely.

3- Matheson and Savard are not trade before next year trade deadline.

4- One of Mailloux, Hutson or Reinbacher contend with Celebrini for the calder and help to improve the powerplay.

5- Habs had another top 6 forward either via trade or UFA.

6- Montembault plays like a decent number 1 goalie.

For next year drafting outside of the top 10 would be a victory and i am not sure they will be good enough to accomplish that.
Next year the Habs will be near the playoffs. Dach is a huge bonus.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Missed this one. Actually seems like I didn't miss anything. The schedule this year has been by far the worst I've ever seen since I started watching the games. It used to be Tuesday-thursday-saturday and I don't remember having seen two consecutive weeks like that this year.

As far as the Habs, I don't mind rebuilding but I don't think I can tolerate 2 more years of that. It's more likely I'll drift out of hockey altogether.

Reactions: Habs13

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Missed this one. Actually seems like I didn't miss anything. The schedule this year has been by far the worst I've ever seen since I started watching the games. It used to be Tuesday-thursday-saturday and I don't remember having seen two consecutive weeks like that this year.

As far as the Habs, I don't mind rebuilding but I don't think I can tolerate 2 more years of that. It's more likely I'll drift out of hockey altogether.
We still play two more back-to-backs if you can believe that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad