Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat Predators assisted by the stanchion

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Overhandles, doesnt one-time, misses the net a lot, tries to pick too much corners, etc. Yeah. I feel like every shot he used to take was like 95% chance of going in. Now I dont expect a goal anymore.

Which would be amazing! Lol. A big body speedy goalscorer is exactly what this team needs.

Top it all off, hes good on the cycle, which should compliment Roy and Dach, very well.
Caufield probably isn't 100% so he may be hesitating to shoot.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
20240305_230107.jpg

Photo of the year

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Overhandles, doesnt one-time, misses the net a lot, tries to pick too much corners, etc. Yeah. I feel like every shot he used to take was like 95% chance of going in. Now I dont expect a goal anymore.

That's kind of the point tbh. Caufield scored a lot. He got keyed on and was rendered nearly useless. He had to adapt and, maybe even more, the PP strategies had to adapt. He now plays all kind of roles as a distributor on the PP. He is rounding out his offensive game in a major way this year even though the goals are down.

When the PKs adapt to the new Habs system and renders this one less effective, we will see a resurgence of opportunities for Caufield.

There is however some truth to the fact that he will need to start position into closer to the circles a bit more often again. He moved to the perimeter to open up playmaking options, but by doing so he made his shot less dangerous. He will need to balance it out over time. He seems like a smart guy and he understands offense, I am not worried.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
None of those picks are relevant to this years draft except the last 2 years and Slaf looks like the right choice and Reinbacher probably will be. And even HuGos' picks in the rest of their 2 drafts look like winners.
All picks seem like winners when they're recently removed from the draft

Here's a click of draft day picking Galcheyuk. If you don't feel like watching, the jist is, it was a good pick because we're stacked on strong defense prospects of Beaulieu, Tinordi and Morgan Ellis.

Reactions: Big Lurk

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
We need to compete for a playoff spot next year for my mental health!!That tanking thing gotta stop Im f***in piss when they win and im piss when they loose, im piss all the time!!!!!!
Lol

It's very tough sometimes, being happy/upset at the same time during scoring chances or goals against :laugh:

Trust, this is the final year of tanking,, get that last high pick, and they'll try to make playoffs next year, and we're gonna scare a couple teams honestly

Reactions: Simarino and NewDef

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Frankly, I'M not even sure I want them to lose that much. My hesitation with that scouting group makes me hope that we won't have to make a tough choice but rather pick whoever is there at our rank after others make the tougher decisions....

Jul 6, 2016
Our boys have pride. Season is over, TDL looming. Yet they get to OT 3 games in a row and surprise the Preds on their own turf.

Tank be damned, they fight. Keep building up that culture, it will pay off in the long run!
That's the way to learn. THAT is development !!!

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
All picks seem like winners when they're recently removed from the draft

Here's a click of draft day picking Galcheyuk. If you don't feel like watching, the jist is, it was a good pick because we're stacked on strong defense prospects of Beaulieu, Tinordi and Morgan Ellis.

Right and HuGo would never make a pick for that reason. If they think a defensman is easily the best player available with their first pick they will take him. And they are looking for guys with character, hockey sense etc. Galchenyuk had very little hockey sense. I doubt they would have taken him.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Frankly, I'M not even sure I want them to lose that much. My hesitation with that scouting group makes me hope that we won't have to make a tough choice but rather pick whoever is there at our rank after others make the tougher decisions....
So far HuGo appears to have done well drafting. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with scouting. They made a difficult choice in their 1st draft which apears to be the right one. There is no reason to believe Reinbacher won't be the right choice.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

Can't disagree with Gallagher's approach. You want the players to think this way. It's obviously on the organization to find ways to look at the bigger picture.

What is team tank? We're a bottom 10 team hoping the draft can finally yield us elite talent. Is there anyone who genuinely still cheers for wins?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Hes shooting more but the quality is nowhere near, lets be honest.
I know, that’s what i mean. His shot doesn’t have the same zip, i guess it’ll come back but he also plays a different type of game that doesn’t allow him to be in the spots on the ice to shoot the puck like he usually do. Don’t know if i’m crazy.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
2nd most used Dman Tonight? Arber Xhekaj 20:20
He's coming into his own. He has that presence, not like a tough guy on edge, more like 'ok, yeah, i got this, or i'm gonna get this shortly, i know i'm still learning but yeah, I still believe that i'm tha man and will only get better'. That calm presence and assertiveness, backed with the body to be effective. He's a unicorn as much as his bro...

I'd trade a bunch of guys but for the love of god not him... I can close my eyes and see him lifting a cup with a CH jersey around 28-30

Reactions: Guillermo and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad