Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat Predators assisted by the stanchion

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
This road trip shows whats wrong with the NHL. Montreal manages to get points against Florida and Tampa that are pursuing playoff spots and positioning while doing their darndest to improve their roster while Montreal is not, nor have they even tried to improve their roster opting to manage for draft position. Then they go and fluke out a win against the Predators. Karmas a bitch they say. I like the way Nashville is going about things, turning over the roster and most likely will be in the playoffs. I watched the English feed for this one, pretty sad that Miller screws up Suzuki's name, what a bozo. Can't believe how often they just are talking about just about anything else except concentrating on doing the play by play, focus dudes! Maybe if you do you'll see what going on in the game and know why Anderson and Schenn scrapped.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That was a strange game, we looked dead in the water until the two goals in 6 seconds. That seemed to stun Nashville and they didn't play with the same determination. @Tyson mentioned Arbers ice time and he looked good out there and he's been that way for the last 4-5 games, it's like he realized how good he can be and he's playing so smart. He seems to be patient with the puck now and looks for a safe option instead of throwing the puck away. When I watch him play this way I think of the comments from the AHL coach about how good he is.

I don't care about the win or the draft position for that matter, I want to see them compete hard, win or lose and that's what they did for at least half of the game.

Draft Day...............this board will explode! lol

What a snipe by Suzuki!! Who said Caufield was our best goal scorer......
He's getting paid to be and not to be a Debby downer but if that is what 7.8 million looks like than Suzuki is worth 12 for what he is bringing.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That was a strange game, we looked dead in the water until the two goals in 6 seconds. That seemed to stun Nashville and they didn't play with the same determination. @Tyson mentioned Arbers ice time and he looked good out there and he's been that way for the last 4-5 games, it's like he realized how good he can be and he's playing so smart. He seems to be patient with the puck now and looks for a safe option instead of throwing the puck away. When I watch him play this way I think of the comments from the AHL coach about how good he is.

I don't care about the win or the draft position for that matter, I want to see them compete hard, win or lose and that's what they did for at least half of the game.

He's getting paid to be and not to be a Debby downer but if that is what 7.8 million looks like than Suzuki is worth 12 for what he is bringing.
CC has had a good season as far as being a better player, and has quite a few assists, which has been surprising. MSL says the kid is learning to play a 200ft game.....

Speaking of a 200ft game, did you see the huge back check last night by Slaf to take away a breakaway scoring chance............very impressive.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Couldn't stay up to watch the full game but was quite happily surprised to see the score this morning and watched the highlights just now. The playoffs don't look very good at this point, in fact its pretty much impossible. Nice to see McCarron finally getting his goal but even better to see it disqualified
The Stanchion was the best Habs highlight for 2023/24 season IMO

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Almost as Great as this:

171fec55d9af39afa766d86a882938d1.jpg

2010 never forget
bruce_boudreau.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Newhook was simply miscast w Avs - they wanted him to be a forechecking C w board play when his game is based on using his speed for transitioning the puck
Indeed. But I never saw a lack of compete in him.
I also find he isn't that bad as F1 he can force the play a certain way and depending on how well F2 and F3 read the play good things happen.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3