Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat Predators assisted by the stanchion

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
We all won thanks to your hilarious posts in the GDT.

For those who missed out on them ...

TFBs7sj.png

:sarcasm:
Haha, you've never truly made it. Until @Runner77 immortalizes you in one of his pictures.

Thanks Brother! :D

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Neither is finishing a couple spots lower in the lottery.

Giving it your all does help with the development of the young guys already on the roster though and that's probably better for the teams long term outlook then having the lottery odds go from 6% to 8%.

Hoping the Habs go 0-82 like some do here is the most short-sighted outlook I can think of.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You should have known by now there it's no use for this regime. Either they don't tank well or pick the wrong guys anyway.
They were bang on with Slaf at least.

Reinbacher, who knows. In the past few days, got pummelled by the not too beloved Scott Wheeler both on 690 and updated rankings from his draft year.

Reactions: Kimota and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's funny we talk NONSTOP about players progression, kids progression, prospects progression

But we've never taken enough into consideration that maybe just maybe our best player and captain is still also progressing himself as an NHL player being still so young at 24

70 something points this year will set the barometer for Nick going forward
And he can totally get to 80+ real soon
These are no joke major things for this franchise
Some people weren't listening properly when we discussed everything Suzuki in his thread over the summer.
They've been comparing him to other centers with years more experience on better teams talking like he'd reached his ceiling.
Nothing could have been further from the truth. If people didn't know what they had based on his BIG GAME performances
I really don't know what to say. 25 goals and 61 points at this juncture of the season is special given how little we score in general.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It’s out of our hands obviously but we can certainly have fun with it either way. ;)
We are going to see plenty of dogs before we are done this season so we should enjoy it while we can.
This stretch of games has always been death valley for us in recent years so even if we lose to Carolina 4 points is an improvement on the none of the past.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Crazy game.

The stanchion goal by Savard.
Fantastic play & goal by Roy.
The non-4 minute PP that Guhle should have drew after getting highsticked.
Nashville getting a goal called back due to the McCarron highstick (right call).
Nashville having 8 guys on the ice with less than 2 minutes left giving Montreal a PP in OT.
Suzuki with an absolute power shot of a goal on a nice pass from CC just as that PP expired.

Allen had a strong game.

I really liked Xhekaj tonight. The AHL time helped him. He's improved so much.

Suzuki with a goal & assist.
Caufield with 2 apples.

Montreal breaks Nashville's 8 game winning streak. Of course, they did.
Also Slafkovsky's explosive backcheck to cancel a Preds breakaway

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Some people weren't listening properly when we discussed everything Suzuki in his thread over the summer.
They've been comparing him to other centers with years more experience on better teams talking like he'd reached his ceiling.
Nothing could have been further from the truth. If people didn't know what they had based on his BIG GAME performances
I really don't know what to say. 25 goals and 61 points at this juncture of the season is special given how little we score in general.

He is who we thought he was... In the best possible way!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Newhook has been very competitive all year and nothing like the wuss we were told he was by some Avs fans.
His freak injury was all about him going for it.
Newhook was simply miscast w Avs - they wanted him to be a forechecking C w board play when his game is based on using his speed for transitioning the puck

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
ill trade a handful of infinitesimal lottery ball combinations for PROOF OF JUICE from the Core. they have the juice, folks

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I know you said that to be a downer, but tbh, it would be fine. We could pick one of Helenius, Eiserman or Iginla.

Since the best we can do is 5th overall by losing every game until the end, and then end up with Cayden Lindstrom or Berkly Catton, the difference is not a big deal. Kids growing their game (Roy, Suzuki, Caufield and the defense) is more important than that difference in skill.
For all the years under Bergevin where development was a crap shoot , we’re now seeing the difference with this regime and coaching staff. The kids are developing the all round game and there is that dog in them. In two years this team will be very hard to play against

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
We need to compete for a playoff spot next year for my mental health!!That tanking thing gotta stop Im f***in piss when they win and im piss when they loose, im piss all the time!!!!!!
I think that's par for the course on this board. :laugh:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Dont care about that one as much, Id like him as much if he was Igolda. The only thing I dont want out of the bloodlines is misplacing expectations.
[/QUOTE
Gord Miller is a douche, sure miss Dan Robertson
Amen to that

It's what's best for the team long term. Giving it your all isn't magically going to make elite talent fall onto this roster.
Easing up and prioritizing losing won’t magically help develop our youth either

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad