Post-Game Talk: Habs Bookend Tank Season with a loss to Trana, 4-3

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What was worse, 2012 or now?

Now by a long mile. We're right back to the late 90s. Terrible team. Not too many prospects. Poor management. Terrible AHL team.

In 2012 we had a huge # of injuries, but had some excellent young players: Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Weber even Emelin was a rookie & looked good. We only really had Gallagher in the system, but had the #3 overall pick & 2 seconds so there was hope.

Now, no D, no centers, little prospects, some hope with the draft, but we've taken a huge step back.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
I think the team is in a better situation than it was in 2012 personally.

I knew the team would never win the cup being led by playoffs losers like Markov, Plekanec and the other guy. They were all good at preventing the Habs from drafting high while not performing in the playoffs. Especially Markov, what a good riddance. Sorry to his fans...... So there's only one of them left, that's great.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Or Molson is stepping down as Team President. Something is up. It's weird that they're holding seperate press conferences.

Well if MB is fired he wouldn't meet the press the same day. So it looks i'll be back... but weird that they aren't at the same table.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

I knew the team would never win the cup being led by playoffs losers like Markov, Plekanec and the other guy. They were all good at preventing the Habs from drafting high while not performing in the playoffs. Especially Markov, what a good riddance. Sorry to his fans...... So there's only one of them left, that's great.

Markov a good Riddance? Then u pick Alzner for 5 years 5m?
Absolute awful

and Price is not worth 10.5m a year

2012 > 2018

Reactions: cashinstinct

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Would you qualify Mccarron this summer? I don't think he's a NHL player, but could he at least be of AHL help?

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal

Price & Weber are losers in the playoffs too and they have terrible contracts.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Markov a good Riddance? Then u pick Alzner for 5 years 5m?
Absolute awful

and Price is not worth 10.5m a year

2012 > 2018

well Alzner is the IRONMAN right? Now were all going golfing....anyone remember Jeff Finger in Toronto? this one turned out to be like that.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Now Julien saying he was expecting a tough season... guess he knew his defence wasn't better than last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad