Post-Game Talk: Habs Bookend Tank Season with a loss to Trana, 4-3

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Play that epitomizes the Habs' season ...

27y9ig.gif

Marleau looked embarrassed also.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
Everytime i read this forum , more and more i wish there was a dislike/ thumbs down button.
The draft was the only thing we had to look forward to all year. Hopefully we get lucky on top 5 pick, draft well with all our picks, & pull off some decent trades for the future.
Terrible season is finally behind us! Now lets get lucky on the 28th & look forward to next year.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here's our final regular season dish from our Galloping Gourmet ...

27ydqg.jpg

Thanks Groove for sharing your love of gastronomy with us. It added a lot of zest during our GDTs and who knows, it may even inspire some of us to follow your footsteps. We'll be looking to Amazon and EBay, in case you decide to offer inter-provincial deliveries, lol.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As you guys probably heard, Vigneault was just fired.

Gotta say, I like the Rangers' style, there's no p***y-footing around. They're transparent with their fans, they're even willing to put it in writing in a public letter and now, they don't leave anyone in limbo in respect of the head coaching job -- they fire Vigneault as soon as the season ends.

Meantime, the Habs are wondering how to constructively fire their zamboni driver and are struggling with whether they should make it public.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Is there a possibility that Bergevin could get fired? Are people sensing something?

If he is to be fired, I predict it's because the other owners of the team forced Molson's hand, perhaps with the promise to replace him as President of he did not comply.

Bell is a partner in both the Habs and Leafs and it wouldn't shock me if they are pressing for Montreal to be run in the manner of the current Leafs, using their hierarchy as a template.

This is all speculation on my part, but it seems unlikely billion dollar corporations are satisfied with the state of affairs in Montreal. I'd hazard they're closer to appalled.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If he is to be fired, I predict it's because the other owners of the team forced Molson's hand, perhaps with the promise to replace him as President of he did not comply.

Bell is a partner in both the Habs and Leafs and it wouldn't shock me if they are pressing for Montreal to be run in the manner of the current Leafs, using their hierarchy as a template.

This is all speculation on my part, but it seems unlikely billion dollar corporations are satisfied with the state of affairs in Montreal. I'd hazard they're closer to appalled.
I just hope that he is gone but I fear that he gets one more year and history will repeat itself.

Reactions: Runner77

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
He’s got a PC he’s not going to be fired unless he announces his firing/resignation or if Molson wants to really humiliate him by announcing his firing after Bergevin’s PC (we can live in hope). We are going to have to see how low the Habs can go I’m afraid

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I just hope that he is gone but I fear that he gets one more year and history will repeat itself.

Bergevin has more than proven he does not possess the intellect, the imagination, the aptitude or the temperament to be an NHL GM. This has been solidly established over 6 years.

Molson may not recognize it, but others do. Molson is not a sole proprietor. He'll do as he's told.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
As you guys probably heard, Vigneault was just fired.

Gotta say, I like the Rangers' style, there's no *****-footing around. They're transparent with their fans, they're even willing to put it in writing in a public letter and now, they don't leave anyone in limbo in respect of the head coaching job -- they fire Vigneault as soon as the season ends.

Meantime, the Habs are wondering how to constructively fire their zamboni driver and are struggling with whether they should make it public.

[MOD] doesn't mean montreal has to emulate the rangers, a pretty shittily run franchise right now too

Corporations are not fans, if the team is generating revenue they are fine with bad seasons, the trick is offering hope after a shitstorm like this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Everytime i read this forum , more and more i wish there was a dislike/ thumbs down button.
The draft was the only thing we had to look forward to all year. Hopefully we get lucky on top 5 pick, draft well with all our picks, & pull off some decent trades for the future.
Terrible season is finally behind us! Now lets get lucky on the 28th & look forward to next year.

We're gonna pick 7th.

Point final

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
So... is it dead? Is it finally over with? Not that I've bothered to watch much. Just once to see how Rychel looked. This was a bullshit season and I'm not sure I'll even bother with the next one. I know nothing significant is going to change. You know it too. I can't support this level of idiocy knowing the shitweasel and the purple pants monster know they treat us fans anyway they wish because the majority will still drink the cool aid and buy up the seats.

I don't even care if we draft Dahlin; sign Tavares or any of it... f*** it, this isn't fun anymore. I haven't enjoyed a hockey game in years. I didn't even watch the world juniors this time around. First cup I miss in 25 years - maybe more.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So... is it dead? Is it finally over with? Not that I've bothered to watch much. Just once to see how Rychel looked. This was a bull**** season and I'm not sure I'll even bother with the next one. I know nothing significant is going to change. You know it too. I can't support this level of idiocy knowing the ****weasel and the purple pants monster know they treat us fans anyway they wish because the majority will still drink the cool aid and buy up the seats.

I don't even care if we draft Dahlin; sign Tavares or any of it... **** it, this isn't fun anymore. I haven't enjoyed a hockey game in years. I didn't even watch the world juniors this time around. First cup I miss in 25 years - maybe more.
I get the feeling my brudda.

I just hope that time can heal the wound and we get some competent hockey minds as soon as possible in every level of this organization.

Reactions: Habs13

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Why hasn't JJD been fired yet? Failed at running the PP. Failed at running the PK.. The defense looked lost many nights so he also failed at that too.

pretty easy answer.... The habs are a country club....

I mean our D core was suppose to be better.... what happend?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
By finishing 4th, we have a shot at a best case scenario of a first overall. Or a worst case scenario of a 7th overall.

Ozy just being a pessimist/ antagonist. :P

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad