Gulp - Crow back to IR (vertigo-like symptoms, may be out for the season)

Crow

May 19, 2014
After reading the last page I was suddenly hit with a TSUNAMI of testosterone! I've spent the morning BLOCKING and UNBLOCKING you all like a REALMAN. No wussy boyperson here. Just 125%, authentic, genuine REALbigMAN.

Anyway, good to hear Crawford may be feeling better. The hope is now they don't rush him back, for his own long term health as much as anything else. Don't have much faith in this organization when it comes to head injuries though.
What the

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Just sit him for the rest of the season.

Make sure he's 100% better, and help the team aecure better draft position.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Just sit him for the rest of the season.

Make sure he's 100% better, and help the team aecure better draft position.
the org has to give the impression of trying to win. plain and simple.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
The Hawks aren't going to give up, as much as most would like them to.

The Blackhawks should give up, because they are not good enough to win, and there are no prizes for 16th place.

There is, however, a prize for those finishing worse than 16th.

There is a point at which gallantry crosses over into stupidity and futility. If you'd prefer to become what the Vancouver Canucks have been for the last half decade, unwilling to rebuild in delusional pursuit of playoff competitiveness they have no hope of achieving, so be it. You're free to cheer for that end, and the team is free to pursue whatever few playoff home gates such a strategy would afford in the short term.

They should do everything in their power to increase their odds in the draft lottery. Sit Crawford, continue playing Seabrook 20min a night, thats more than enough to end up one of the worst teams in the league through the second half.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
the org has to give the impression of trying to win. plain and simple.

They can give the impression all they like.

They dont have to sell key pieces or anything. Keep Crawford out, keep playing Seabrook... thats really all it takes to drop like a rock through the standings.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
JD what’s the point dude, Stan is just gonna make a horrendous trade or signing and ruin everything anyway so win now as this team won’t be good enough to win next year or year after or the year after that as long as 3 contracts are on the books, atleast we get to enjoy first round of playoff hockey. Unless we are going for first over all which is a stretch...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The Blackhawks should give up, because they are not good enough to win, and there are no prizes for 16th place.

There is a point at which gallantry crosses over into stupidity and futility. If you'd prefer to become what the Vancouver Canucks have been for the last half decade, unwilling to rebuild in delusional pursuit of playoff competitiveness they have no hope of achieving, so be it. You're free to cheer for that end, and the team is free to pursue whatever few playoff home gates such a strategy would afford in the short term.

They should do everything in their power to increase their odds in the draft lottery. Sit Crawford, continue playing Seabrook 20min a night, thats more than enough to end up one of the worst teams in the league through the second half.
while i am in agreement for keeping craw sideline, but i want to do it for getting better health wise.

but i am a firm believer on no tanking !!!! no matter what the price is.

sorry.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
They can give the impression all they like.

They dont have to sell key pieces or anything. Keep Crawford out, keep playing Seabrook... thats really all it takes to drop like a rock through the standings.
while that is true and sadly the truth.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i really see no hope in circumventing the state of this team huge and burdensome contracts, keith, seabs and toews, this team will still wallow in a state of hopelessness of not getting back to the winning side of hockey, let alone making the playoff.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
i really see no hope in circumventing the state of this team huge and burdensome contracts, keith, seabs and toews, this team will still wallow in a state of hopelessness of not getting back to the winning side of hockey, let alone making the playoff.

That’s the vibe I’m getting too. We need some type of divine intervention to bring us Dahlin or Zadina or someone that can revive the team. We’ll see what happens. Everything is in place for it to happen.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
That’s the vibe I’m getting too. We need some type of divine intervention to bring us Dahlin or Zadina or someone that can revive the team. We’ll see what happens. Everything is in place for it to happen.
worst case or depending how the "you" see it, the best way, the hawks needs at least 2 top pairing d-men. i can see the org working around toews lack of production, but that defense is the key ..... no matter what posters opinions on keith skills set in today's hockey.

draft picks is nice, but it would be some yrs before they , the drafted players will able to make a contribution. this is how i see it.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
LOL ... and I thought I was the casual fan. Folks jumping off the bandwagon with 31 games to go is rather pathetic if you ask me.

Q and Stan will not give up until they are mathematically out. I think everyone knows that so quit with the tank talk. Go watch baseball, or something.

Reactions: DPHawk

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
worst case or depending how the "you" see it, the best way, the hawks needs at least 2 top pairing d-men. i can see the org working around toews lack of production, but that defense is the key ..... no matter what posters opinions on keith skills set in today's hockey.

draft picks is nice, but it would be some yrs before they , the drafted players will able to make a contribution. this is how i see it.

Yep, 2 first pairing D would be the best option, Dahlin or Boqvist are NHL ready, need 1 of them. Then either trade for someone or wait one more year for the D free agent frenzy of Doughty, Karlsson and OEL. Another potential option is if the D are gone and we end up with Zadina or Svechnikov, we’d be loaded at forward and could sign a vet D and rely on the wave of young D we have on the way. Maybe they are only second pairing guys but it could work with Crow.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yep, 2 first pairing D would be the best option, Dahlin or Boqvist are NHL ready, need 1 of them. Then either trade for someone or wait one more year for the D free agent frenzy of Doughty, Karlsson and OEL. Another potential option is if the D are gone and we end up with Zadina or Svechnikov, we’d be loaded at forward and could sign a vet D and rely on the wave of young D we have on the way. Maybe they are only second pairing guys but it could work with Crow.
sorry, but getting a drafted player to force them to play now is not the answer. the extended salary cap can not help the needs of the team. the team needs to make some harsh decision to sweeten the pot in trading a huge contract...... then maybe the org can find the answer in Fa market.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
If the Hawks develop two good D who do you think the coach will play first pairing?! Keith and the next oldest guy. Coach is a huge problem in our team development. Denying that is total homerism.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If the Hawks develop two good D who do you think the coach will play first pairing?! Keith and the next oldest guy. Coach is a huge problem in our team development. Denying that is total homerism.
so you are for fixing the coaching problem and nothing else ??

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Absolutely not. But there are multiple problems at play here. One is the amount of youth and the variability of their play as they adjust to the league. I can accept that. Because I bet it was expected the vets would maintain stability with their production. That has been a big part of the problem. And yes the D needs a refresh...a1 and 2. Those are very hard to come by. But those are coming from the draft not a quick fix. That will take a while.

Reactions: LDF

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
LOL ... and I thought I was the casual fan. Folks jumping off the bandwagon with 31 games to go is rather pathetic if you ask me.

Q and Stan will not give up until they are mathematically out. I think everyone knows that so quit with the tank talk. Go watch baseball, or something.

You were never a casual fan. It was a funny joke though.

There is some merit to wanting to tank this season with the intention of adding a high end prospect that jumpstarts a new window of cup contention. My personal thought is that the Hawks are actually closer than people think to re-opening the window because players like HJ, IM, and a few others have started to take the next step. HJ was the Finns best d at the world juniors and IM looks like a stud at Denver. Hell even Krys has looked really good this season (people were down on him). If the Hawks can at a top pairing D or an elite scoring winger then window flies back open because I believe that Saad is not what we are seeing this season and a new coach should breath life into this team.

Reactions: Blue Liner

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Absolutely not. But there are multiple problems at play here. One is the amount of youth and the variability of their play as they adjust to the league. I can accept that. Because I bet it was expected the vets would maintain stability with their production. That has been a big part of the problem. And yes the D needs a refresh...a1 and 2. Those are very hard to come by. But those are coming from the draft not a quick fix. That will take a while.
excellent.... you nailed it on the head this has been my bitch since summer. with the cap increasing this summer, the bhawks can address this in fa's. the problem is they, the hawks needs wiggle room and they will not get it, unless the cap is fixed.

the cap needs to be fixed to address that problem the offense is and can still be good with the influx of the young prospects, but that defense ...... it needs help.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

But they won't.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
22,000 fans a night pack the place, they aren't giving up...now if anything they can get more cap space to make an even bigger move. Some of you people keep saying they will throw in the towel every year, but the opposite happens and Stan makes a trade or two that sends a message of not giving up...there is no way in hell this team gives up with the core they have and fanbase they built. they will go down swinging, trying to make the playoffs which is exactly what every real Hawks fan should want.

I don't care about a #10 overall pick or #18-22 if we make the playoffs...whoever we draft we simply will not see for a minimum of 2 years and will not help this core...we draft well every year, and many of our better picks are second rounders and beyond like Saad, DeBrincat, Johns, Snuggy, Sikura, and Shaw.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Why do people insist on qualifying fandom? Someone has a different philosophy about the team and its direction than others and that makes them not a real fan? Why do we do this around here so much? It's ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad