Gulp - Crow back to IR (vertigo-like symptoms, may be out for the season)

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Knowing or not knowing the injury doesn't change anything. It's aggravating when trying to play armchair GM, but that's it. Hope Crow comes back soon. Not much else to say.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There is a difference between medical history of a hockey related injury and a different private matter... The team is not releasing his STD results, they are releasing information on an injury that was sustained most likely on the ice or something else that is physical and not necessarily embarrassing so why not let the fans know, the fans are paying the wages of these players, the least they should know is what on earth is wrong with a player that is a PART of the team and effecting the product on the ice, an entity they are sponsoring...

I said it to BH initially, and I'll say it to you. Medical information is private, by law. There is no difference. Medical history is medical history. A person's health is a person's health. And that's it. People are entitled to their privacy when it comes to their health. The fact that you think that you, as a fan, are deserving of knowing someone's private health information, is telling.

Reactions: pvr

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I said it to BH initially, and I'll say it to you. Medical information is private, by law. There is no difference. Medical history is medical history. A person's health is a person's health. And that's it. People are entitled to their privacy when it comes to their health. The fact that you think that you, as a fan, are deserving of knowing someone's private health information, is telling.

To me this is not even an issue, it’s “telling” of nothing lmao, I love how people make something small into a big thing, players don’t even care if this info is released ffs, no one wants to intrude on the player’s private matters, only reason why fans want to know is for the sake of the team. I don’t even know why this is being discussed lol

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
To me this is not even an issue, it’s “telling” of nothing lmao, I love how people make something small into a big thing, players don’t even care if this info is released ffs, no one wants to intrude on the player’s private matters, only reason why fans want to know is for the sake of the team. I don’t even know why this is being discussed lol

:laugh:

Yep, players don't care if their medical information is released. That's why they(the NHLPA which represents the players) negotiate things like this into the CBA, right? And the NHL is the only one of the four major NA sports that has it negotiated that there is not full disclosure of injuries.

It's being discussed because it was brought up by someone. And you posted about it, actively participating in that conversation. Funny how now you "don't even know why this is being discussed lol" after you're made to look like a clown.

And yes, it's pretty damn telling about you as a person. Entitled much?

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

No one is making it into a big thing. We are just explaining to you why the information is not released.

If players did not care it would not be negotiated into the CBA. Players 100% care.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
No. And no. And no again. To all of it. Professional athletes are people, and employees of a company like anyone else. They have a right to privacy when it comes to their medical history. And should not be "forced" into releasing the private details of their medical history because some "fans" want them to. THAT is what is ridiculous.

Does your employer force you to give a detailed account of your medical issues when you miss work, and then go and report that information to the rest of your company for everyone?

:shakehead
My boss knows I'd pull something like say I've got an infestation of the Hephæstan Rectal Mites, and they're highly contagious to stop anyone from asking anymore health questions. My boss also knows I've got no shame.

But you are 100% correct. At this point "Why" Crawford is out is irrelevant. The only relevant thing is we're missing our best player this year, and it hurts like a kick in the goolies on a cold, January morning.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
:laugh:

Yep, players don't care if their medical information is released. That's why they(the NHLPA which represents the players) negotiate things like this into the CBA, right? And the NHL is the only one of the four major NA sports that has it negotiated that there is not full disclosure of injuries.

It's being discussed because it was brought up by someone. And you posted about it, actively participating in that conversation. Funny how now you "don't even know why this is being discussed lol" after you're made to look like a clown.

And yes, it's pretty damn telling about you as a person. Entitled much?

It’s funny that you are celebrating “make you look like a clown” on a hockey forum, dude how sad is your life LMAOO

That said the funny thing is almost every time there was a major injury we found out what it was, going from Roszival ankle, Toews knee and concussions, Kane caller bone, Hossa equipment condition, Crawford post concussion symptoms which was stated by Scotty Bowman lmaooooo

Talking about clowns, dude you don’t know what on earth you are talking about, players don’t care and are not beta soft males to give a **** about what people think about their hockey related injury. Some care yes but most don’t, the reason why it’s in the CBA is simple and that is to protect their right “IF” the player wants to hide it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Talking about clowns, dude you don’t know what on earth you are talking about, players don’t care and are not beta soft males to give a **** about what people think about their hockey related injury. Some care yes but most don’t, the reason why it’s in the CBA is simple and that is to protect their right “IF” the player wants to hide it.

This is just not correct. If players did not care they would talk about their injuries but they don't. This has nothing to do with being beta or alpha. This is just how the hockey community is and it ranges from guys playing in the show to people playing juniors. Remember the Saad injury in Saginaw? This is just another example.

Can you cite a source where you can show they don't care? Every buddy that I have played with or know who have made it don't disclose their injuries and have been that way since pre juniors. Yes it is only 5-6 guys but they are similar to what I am saying matters to them and what you are saying doesn't. There are far more examples of people doing what we are saying that what you are implying.

Toews's knee came out years after it happened so that is not a good example. Hossa's skin condition was AFTER the fact and it had to be disclosed so it is another example that is not good considering he had been hiding it for 3-4 years. Rosi's injury was obvious and he was done so there was no point in non-disclosure.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It’s funny that you are celebrating “make you look like a clown” on a hockey forum, dude how sad is your life LMAOO

That said the funny thing is almost every time there was a major injury we found out what it was, going from Roszival ankle, Toews knee and concussions, Kane caller bone, Hossa equipment condition, Crawford post concussion symptoms which was stated by Scotty Bowman lmaooooo

:biglaugh:

What's really funny is that anytime someone makes you look stupid, all you can say is "how sad is your life? LMAO!!!!!" or "Dude, you like celebrating clowning someone on hockey forums! It's just a hockey forum! Bro! Dude! Bro!!! Dude!!!!" Get some new content. Shits played out.

That said. All the injuries you are talking about were obvious to anyone with eyes. We could visually see Rozi's ankle facing the wrong direction. We could actually see Toews getting his bell rung leading to a concussion, not to mention his knee injury came out years later, not right after it happened. We could see Kane go awkward into the boards, and his arm just hanging. Hossa released his himself when it was announced he was going on LTIR and basically retiring, after... wait for it........... hiding it for years!

Talking about clowns... where is your source to back up "that players don't care and are not beta soft males to give a f*** about what people think about their hockey related injury." Has nothing to do with alpha/beta. Has to do with they want their medical history private, as it should be.

Your next statement literally proves your own view wrong. It's negotiated into the CBA so the players don't have to release any details, because that's how they choose to handle their medical file and history. If they didn't care, they wouldn't negotiate it. Are you really so dense to think they negotiate it in there just for shits and giggles? Just in case they do want to keep their injuries private? If that's the case... how come not a single player in any given season comes out and says what their injury is? If they don't care, how come they're not answering reporters questions about getting banged up during a game? If they don't care, how come coaches don't answer questions about it? If they don't care, then why is it always LBI, or UBI? And not the specific injury? :shakehead

Jesus, I don't know why I ever show the ignored content and respond to you. You flat-out not responding would be an improvement in your content/views.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I really can't understand why certain posters here are not on EVERYONE's ignore list. Shame on me for clicking to show ignored content. Another idiotic argument, as expected.

Yep, I take the bait too. I don't know why I ever show the ignored content, specifically from this person. When I read this shit, it's so ridiculously idiotic... I can't even help myself but respond to it.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Good news if he is feeling better. There is no reason to rush him back if he is not 1000%, this team is going nowhere regardless of who is in goal.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Good news if he is feeling better. There is no reason to rush him back if he is not 1000%, this team is going nowhere regardless of who is in goal.
I don't know, I'd feel pretty confident in our chances with this in goal...

hqdefault.jpg

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Great to have Corey back soon. Now the question is will things change, will they play better if he comes back. If it’s the same as the last 3 games, tank is still on. You never know with this team.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
May be too late when he does come back. IMO once they are 10 pts behind the 2nd wild card they're toast. Sad that the Oilers are only 5 points behind when I was just laughing at their pain a couple weeks ago..

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
:biglaugh:

What's really funny is that anytime someone makes you look stupid, all you can say is "how sad is your life? LMAO!!!!!" or "Dude, you like celebrating clowning someone on hockey forums! It's just a hockey forum! Bro! Dude! Bro!!! Dude!!!!" Get some new content. ****s played out.

That said. All the injuries you are talking about were obvious to anyone with eyes. We could visually see Rozi's ankle facing the wrong direction. We could actually see Toews getting his bell rung leading to a concussion, not to mention his knee injury came out years later, not right after it happened. We could see Kane go awkward into the boards, and his arm just hanging. Hossa released his himself when it was announced he was going on LTIR and basically retiring, after... wait for it........... hiding it for years!

Talking about clowns... where is your source to back up "that players don't care and are not beta soft males to give a **** about what people think about their hockey related injury." Has nothing to do with alpha/beta. Has to do with they want their medical history private, as it should be.

Your next statement literally proves your own view wrong. It's negotiated into the CBA so the players don't have to release any details, because that's how they choose to handle their medical file and history. If they didn't care, they wouldn't negotiate it. Are you really so dense to think they negotiate it in there just for ****s and giggles? Just in case they do want to keep their injuries private? If that's the case... how come not a single player in any given season comes out and says what their injury is? If they don't care, how come they're not answering reporters questions about getting banged up during a game? If they don't care, how come coaches don't answer questions about it? If they don't care, then why is it always LBI, or UBI? And not the specific injury? :shakehead

Jesus, I don't know why I ever show the ignored content and respond to you. You flat-out not responding would be an improvement in your content/views.

You keep blocking and unblocking, make up your mind like a real man and stick to it, stop being an indecisive boy. My “proof” or more like simple logic that players don’t care is due to the fact that we find out what most of these injuries are eventually, the coach or someone in the organization releases it. If the players really wanted to keep it secret it would stay secret and that is their right. BK was saying we didn’t find out about certain situation like Hossa till later so yes that was kept secret but when news came out that he wasn’t gonna play then it was released because the team and I am sure Hossa wanted the fans to know that he has a condition and he can’t play. Fans want to know what is happening to their team as they care about the team and it’s players, the players understand that and most of them have no issue releasing the info, things like a knee surgery, or a broken caller bone, or ankle sprain, etc or small injuries are normal parts of life for these players since they were young. There are certain situations how ever like I stated before which players don’t want to release the info and it should be their right to do so...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad