Proposal: Guess Karlsson's 10 team no trade list

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don’t think any of the New York Metro teams would be on his no trade list. Big market but not as hyper crazy as Canada, Devils and Isles are trending up, Rangers always competing.

Maybe the Isles on the list because of arena uncertainty, but I think that is nearly cleared up as well.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1) Arizona
2) Carolina
3) Florida
4) Vegas
5) Winnipeg
6) Colorado
7) Buffalo
8) New Jersey
9) NYI
10) Columbus

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think the teams he'll leave off are those wth firepower offense and then that are a defensemen like himself away from from being a favorite. I could see him wanting to be in Edmonton or Washington for this reason.

I don't think he'll have any Atlantic other than maybe Florida. There is a 0% percent chance he is moved to Toronto or Montreal so I doubt they are on it.

Lastly I think he'd put teams that have a strong defensive core, but lack in forwards, because he knows he could make less of an impact there than he could elsewhere.

All things considered:

Florida
Calgary
Philadelphia
Vancouver
Arizona
Winnipeg
Buffalo
Islanders
Colorado
Vegas

I thought about putting Detroit on there, but he probably knows that Detroit doesn't have the assets to get him, and will try to maximize his list.

Yeah, because playing for an Original 6 team has no pull with anyone!

MalkinsPierogi

Aug 15, 2016
Indiana, PA
Lol Pit would more likely be on his No trade list than Chicago, New York, and LA. World class cities that people actually want to play in.

chicago has a ridiculously high crime rate so I can understand why an NHL player would want to avoid that "world class" city. When it comes to LA and NY it's been previously stated that Karlsson doesn't want to play in a large market. Therefore, Pittsburgh sounds like a perfect destination for him. Much cleaner than the other cities you mentioned.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
chicago has a ridiculously high crime rate so I can understand why an NHL player would want to avoid that "world class" city. When it comes to LA and NY it's been previously stated that Karlsson doesn't want to play in a large market. Therefore, Pittsburgh sounds like a perfect destination for him. Much cleaner than the other cities you mentioned.

Chicago's crime rate is lower than a lot of cities, its just because they have 3 million living in the imediate city its base numbers while per capita its lower than many cities, notably St.Louis. Theres a reason why the Hawks were able to attract free agents even when they were bad while teams like Pit and Edmonton had to get good first, theyre basically as exciting of a place to live in as Cleveland.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Oh, do people still think he wants to stay?

Erik Karlsson talks free agency: 'I'm going to get what I'm worth' - Sportsnet.ca
“I like it here, I’m comfortable here, I’ve been here my whole career,” Karlsson said. “It’s something that I invested all my time in and something I would like to see all the way through"

Karlsson: ”Dumt sagt av mig”
I want to stay in Ottawa, it's my home and my first priority

Senators' Erik Karlsson: I want to win in Ottawa - Sportsnet.ca
I love it here in Ottawa, it’s never, ever crossed my mind that I ever want to leave here or go somewhere else. That’s not something I’ve ever considered

yeah definitely sounds like he is dying to leave...

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Why would Winnipeg be on there over Edmonton?

img_3015.jpg

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
L.A.
L.A.'s not exactly a large market.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Of course EK wants to stay in Ottawa. He loves the city. His wife who's expecting their first child is from there and her family lives there. He obviously loves the Sens and is very proud of being the captain.

What he definitely does not love is ownership. I'd actually think that EK more than most players would take a hard look at ownership before making his list. Players come and go, management/coach are fired but ownership doesn't change easily.

One has to remember that this isn't the first time EK is up close and personal to Melnyk's antics. Alfie deferred salary to keep the Sens competitive with the 'gentleman's agreement' that he'd get paid fairly later on. And he was still a damned good player when his new contract was up and Melnyk reneged on the deal. Presumably then EK won't give Melnyk the benefit of the doubt, considering his recent comments, not to mention the earlier olympic ones. As for the list, he wouldn't put any of the division teams on it, since the chances that he'd be traded there are minor. Presumably he'd also put teams he's too obviously a rental for and that wouldn't have the cap space after next year to re-sign him. He'd want a team where he could stay long term.

I feel rather sorry for Dorion, who seems to be a decent GM, having to deal with Melnyk undermining him.

joplin

Dec 20, 2010
EU
Arizona, Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Carolina, Montreal, Edmonton, Vancouver, New York Islanders and Calgary.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ

Zach Parise literally told NJD fans to their faces and the media that he wasn't going anywhere a week before he signed with Minnestoa. Then we found out he was texting Suter all season planning on where they were going to sign and play together.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Zach Parise literally told NJD fans to their faces and the media that he wasn't going anywhere a week before he signed with Minnestoa. Then we found out he was texting Suter all season planning on where they were going to sign and play together.

He said no such thing. The only definite thing he said was that he wasn't going to sign with the Rangers.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
He said no such thing. The only definite thing he said was that he wasn't going to sign with the Rangers.

Uhhh okay.

Zach Parise on saying he wanted to stay with Devils before leaving: 'I wasn’t lying'

"When Zach Parise was the Devilscaptain and in the final year of his contract, he kept saying he wanted to stay in New Jersey.

Then four days after becoming an unrestricted free agent, the star left winger divorced his first NHL team on July 4, 2012 by signing a 13-year, $98 million contract with his hometown team, the Minnesota Wild.
The split angered a lot of Devils fans, some of whom casted Parise a liar.

Before his first game back in New Jersey, Parise was reminded what he had said after Thursday's morning skate and then was asked by NJ.com if he meant it at the time.

“Yeah, I wasn't lying,” Parise responded during a five-minute group interview outside the Wild dressing room. “I have no reason to lie about that stuff. I was being completely honest. As I've said before, it basically came down to Minnesota or here (in New Jersey). I have no reason to lie. I wasn't trying to sugarcoat anything.”

Zach Parise again says he wants to stay with the Devils

Free agent Zach Parise wants to stay with Devils, has no desire to play for rival Rangers

No player will every say they are "definitely staying" or "definitely leaving" but my point is Karlsson is doing what Parise did by saying all the right things.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Prob:

Detroit
Vegas
Florida
Arizona
Vancouver
Buffalo
Philly
Carolina
Calgary
San Jose

Basically the 10 teams least likely to make any noise thus season or next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad