GDT: Group S • May 4 • Czech Republic 2, Denmark 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He's a very good player, but he needs to learn how to stay disciplined in big games like these. I'll never forget the way he conducted himself in game 7 of the Cup finals last year after his team got down.

Says the guy who supports the two most thuggish teams in the league :shakehead

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So his lack of discipline effectively took Denmark out of the game 2 minutes early.

I don't really see where he lacks discipline? The guy clearly turns his back a SPLIT second before Jannick hits, at a very low speed!

Also two very dirty Czech goals! Just went thru the two goals on TV, first goal is a CLEAR offside. Second goal was DIRTY, Plekanec? blocks the puck more than 3 seconds with his skat! Should have been a penalty!

AWFUL reeffing, and DIRTY DIRTY game by the Czechs!

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Pleky is good captain. I have no problems with him at all.

The biggest problem is that our top six suck. We need more aggresion and we need to get rid of guys like Tenkrát and Vondrka.

Vincour - Koukal - Průcha (4th line) and Novotný line outplayed our first two lines in Brno and if things aren't going well, they would give us at least something.

Pleky is a great player but I still think that he's not some great leader. Novotny would be better C in my opinion but as you said, this isn't our biggest problem.

Vondrka is joke, Tenkrat scored with a blast but that was pretty all he did today. Nedved wasn't that bad but nothing special. I didn't like Krejci as well but he at least had good faceoffs. My forward lineups if I used your 4th line for next game would be:

Frolik - Plekanec - Michalek
Nedved - Krejci - Hemsky
Kaspar - Novotny - Petruzalek
Vincour - Koukal - Prucha

I would not change defence (pretty not much to change though) and I would give a chance to all of our GKs.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
I don't really see where he lacks discipline? The guy clearly turns his back a SPLIT second before Jannick hits, at a very low speed!

Also two very dirty Czech goals! Just went thru the two goals on TV, first goal is a CLEAR offside. Second goal was DIRTY, Plekanec? blocks the puck more than 3 seconds with his skat! Should have been a penalty!

I'm sorry but you are (dirty) joke as well :sarcasm:.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno

Didn't you see that Danish moron hitting Plekanec's head from behind multiple times before? I admire Pleky's discipline, that no-name ******* deserved much more than one weak punch.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Nice to see the disappointment in the eyes of the Danish players at the post-game interviews. We got fire in our eyes and confidence in our system. A good cocktail.

Now I actually wish we'd meet Norway or Germany tomorrow, not Italy:( (to much jinx?)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Didn't you see that Danish moron hitting Plekanec's head from behind multiple times before? I admire Pleky's discipline, that no-name ******* deserved much more than one weak punch.

WOW, easy now... Dont take it so personel!

Larsen, your socalled noname, was simply frustrated by the fact that your socalled disciplinned plekanec was stepping on the puck for what 8-9 seconds?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I certainly didn't expect us to be so dominant in the first game. Wonder if Swedes got scared before tomorrows game when watching this.

:sarcasm:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Didn't do a whole lot. Took a DoG penalty and had a shot or two. I don't even think he was on the ice for any of the late PP, but I'm not familiar enough with the Czech roster to know if the coach was playing it safe with his scoring lines.

Thanks!!

Hoping he does well. A good boost going into the summer should really help him to train well and come into camp ready to prove everyone wrong.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Let's face it. The czech had the luck in this game. Two goals that could have been called differently by the referee. But luck often smiles on the best team, that's why it's so frustrating when the underdog plays fantastically and still end up loosing.
The key to this match was the difference in the powerplays. The danish powerplays was really not up to standard. Scoring when it was 5-3 would how produced a different outcome of the match. Most of the czech powerplays was much better and it was almost a matter of time before they scored on one of them.
When you are first behind with the czech contra-style game it's bound to get very difficult, even for the very best of teams. Denmark actually won the shots 26-24.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
WOW, easy now... Dont take it so personel!

Larsen, your socalled noname, was simply frustrated by the fact that your socalled disciplinned plekanec was stepping on the puck for what 8-9 seconds?

This is a terrible excuse and in case you don't know that what Plekanec was doing is nothing against the rules. What was he supposed to do, carry the puck into our zone and pass it to your player? You wouldn't have scored anyway.

Good luck in relegation games.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
This is a terrible excuse and in case you don't know that what Plekanec was doing is nothing against the rules. What was he supposed to do, carry the puck into our zone and pass it to your player? You wouldn't have scored anyway.

take it easy my friend. we won, that's what matters ;)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Also a very big reason for the czech win was good goalkeeping. Kovar made the saves that mattered in the game. Andersen took what he should, but didn't make any of the game winnning saves. Kovar got a lucky though on Eller's shot directly on his helmet.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Wow, is it hard to NOT be a dick?

Listen your opinion is fine, just dont attack mine like that :) Well as far as I know it's blocking the puck.. If you block it more than 3 seconds, a penalty should have been called...

Besides penalty or not, it was dirty... Same as the guy turning his back just before jannick hits him at low speed.. And also the first goal :)

But again, this is MY opinion, and you dont have to share it ;)

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Wow, is it hard to NOT be a dick?

Listen your opinion is fine, just dont attack mine like that :) Well as far as I know it's blocking the puck.. If you block it more than 3 seconds, a penalty should have been called...

Besides penalty or not, it was dirty... Same as the guy turning his back just before jannick hits him at low speed.. And also the first goal :)

But again, this is MY opinion, and you dont have to share it ;)

This is your opinion that happens to be wrong. I have never heard of a rule against "blocking the puck" nor have I ever seen a similar play to be called by the refs when a player is shielding the puck with his skates along the boards. 3 seconds really? Aren't you mixing it up with floorball, basketball or something?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
This is your opinion that happens to be wrong. I have never heard of a rule against "blocking the puck" nor have I ever seen a similar play to be called by the refs when a player is shielding the puck with his skates along the boards. 3 seconds really? Aren't you mixing it up with floorball, basketball or something?

Was discussed in tv... My opinion that it was a dirty play penalty or not is wrong?

Im not saying im certain it was a penalty, im saying im certain it was a dirty play..

Please dont put words in my mouth :) Now Lets just agree to disagree, I dont feel like arguing on an online forum..

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I don't think in any way you can say that the czech badly. Maybe many czech supporters think that because "it's only Denmark! and we should win easily with a huge margin".
Blaming it on NHL players needing to adjust doesn't work either...it's totally the same for the danish NHL players. You play as good as the other team allows you to. It wasn't at all like the danes played overly defensively and lulled the czech into playing slowly and inefficiently. It was in my oppinion a totally equal game, with the czech having the little extra that won the matches (as i stated above, powerplays and Kovar).

As Wikegård said on swedish television they played surprisingly "czech". As soon as you get the lead, defence with a tight box and waiting for the contras. Like Italy (traditionally) in football (soccer) winning 1-0 no matter who the played.
It is about winning game, not a beauty contest (though it would certainly be more fun to watch if you had artistic points like in old time figure scating).

ufon68

Jun 9, 2011

Yea, our player almost gets killed and you call him dirty for "turning his back", go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad