GDT: Group S • May 4 • Czech Republic 2, Denmark 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Let's stop with all this playing dirty. It was a surprinsingly un-physical match. I think it was down to 7 hits 4-3 Denmark for the whole game. The Hansen hit was at fairly low speed and wasn't at all nasty...just an unlucky outcome. Plekanec foot-block on the puck should have been called in my oppinion, but that is a referee decision. It cannot be called "dirty playing". It's delaying game if it is anything. Offcourse he can be tackled in that position as he holds the puck, and he withstood it very well. But neither can in anyway be called "dirty". It's a physical game, and when you have the puck you can be hit.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
If you really want "dirty" then read about the Olympic waterpolo final between Hungary and Sovjet in 1956 (at the time when Sovjet tanks had rolled into Hungary crushing the uprising). There was "blood on the dancefloor"...I mean the basin. But that is also a very physical sport with a lot of underwater opportunity the referee can't see very well.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Damn that's really bad luck. How you think that will affect the czech chances in the rest of the tournament if both Martinek and Kutlak are out?

That with Martinek happened last year.

I don't think it would affect anything if Kutlak was out for the tournament. Hope he's ok though.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
That with Martinek happened last year.

I don't think it would affect anything if Kutlak was out for the tournament. Hope he's ok though.

So it means you are used to it, and know exactly what to do! But it's good to have depth among the defenders. If Denmark lost Philip Larsen it would be a catastrophy for the team: PP - PK - generel defence.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
OMG, Petr Nedved is still playing? He is entering Chelios territory...

Jesper Duus played for Denmark in 2010 as 42 years old, and was invited in 2011 but declined because he didn't have time (studies in think). If he was still playing I'm sure he would have made the team this year as well. Nedved still have some years to reach...he is only 40!
Both are still a long way from Chelios playing his last NHL matches as 47 (48?).

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
He's a very good player, but he needs to learn how to stay disciplined in big games like these. I'll never forget the way he conducted himself in game 7 of the Cup finals last year after his team got down.

That was dirty, but that's one dirty play in his career. What people tend to forget is that he, not once, but twice in that play was high sticked in the face with no call. Obviously that doesn't mean he should hit Ference (or whatever he's called) that way, but I'm sure you've also made one large mistake in your entire life in a situation where you were under extreme pressure. Difference is that his mistake will be remembered forever and one dirty play doesn't mean a dirty person.

On the game, we were unlucky with some of the calls. Other refs would have called off both but not today. Tough luck and there's nothing to do about that. You still don't win hockey games within scoing any goals yourself. What is amazing and really shows is how far the Danish teams has come is how well we play up with a big power. We were the best today, we were dominant at times - that has never happened against the Czechs before. Five years back we would have lost 7-1. This team has a very bright future and the development is something you see from year to year, taking big leaps all the time. We didn't get the W today but we were close - a little bit of sharpness in the finishing and the last pass, and a little bit of luck in our own end and it would have been different.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
it's just plain stupid to call a Czech player dirty for blocking the puck in the Danish end with little time left. What do you think he should do? Pass it to Frans Nielsen? :shakehead Denmark had them under pressure for most of the game, of course he just wanted to kill time and get the win. Every player would do the same, naturally.

But Philip Larsen's reaction was of course just as natural. He want to get the puck.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Not a dirty game by any means. Fair game.

One of the teams were the better team - and the other won.

On to next game.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
I agree that it wasn't dirty and I think some of the Danish posters in here should calm down and count to ten before they post. A part of the process of becoming a big hockey nation is to begin thinking and behaving big and not start blaming everything else for a loss. Some here still behave like "loosers". It was ourselves who didn't score any goals and you can't win that way. No forget about it and on to Italy.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
it's just plain stupid to call a Czech player dirty for blocking the puck in the Danish end with little time left. What do you think he should do? Pass it to Frans Nielsen? :shakehead Denmark had them under pressure for most of the game, of course he just wanted to kill time and get the win. Every player would do the same, naturally.

But Philip Larsen's reaction was of course just as natural. He want to get the puck.

I agree that it wasn't dirty and I think some of the Danish posters in here should calm down and count to ten before they post. A part of the process of becoming a big hockey nation is to begin thinking and behaving big and not start blaming everything else for a loss. Some here still behave like "loosers". It was ourselves who didn't score any goals and you can't win that way. No forget about it and on to Italy.

Jeeesus freakin christ guys, take a chill pill will ya?

I wasn't rude or mean to anyone, nor was I being aggressive or biased.
The game was just over and the game got to me...

Even so, this IS a forum, where people's different opinions are posted.... It's just plain stupid/rude to call me stupid for having an opinion...

The choice of words could have been better, but as I said, the game got to me...

mikael99

Feb 14, 2007
he scored a key goal, so it would be hard to find anything bad about him in this game ;)

But only you miss the fact that it should not have been a goal. There was offside in the goal crease. The Refs should review every goal in doubt in my opinion and that gave the win for the Czechs.

:rant:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
But only you miss the fact that it should not have been a goal. There was offside in the goal crease. The Refs should review every goal in doubt in my opinion and that gave the win for the Czechs.

he never touched the goalie. you can stand in the crease while scoring goal, that's not prohibited.

nevertheless, nice try.

ufon68

Jun 9, 2011

What does ref's ruling on the situation and your opinion on how goals should be reviewed have to do with Hemsky's performance ?

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
Jeeesus freakin christ guys, take a chill pill will ya?

I wasn't rude or mean to anyone, nor was I being aggressive or biased.
The game was just over and the game got to me...

Even so, this IS a forum, where people's different opinions are posted.... It's just plain stupid/rude to call me stupid for having an opinion...

The choice of words could have been better, but as I said, the game got to me...

We are entitled to opinions too you know? No-one said that you are stupid. Someone (wasn't me) said that you're opinion was stupid. And it is true that you continue to claim that this and that was dirty. I'm not sure what your definiton of dirty is, but in my mind that is doing something illigal and dangerous to an opponent. Like a late hit or something. Scoring a goal that you believe is offside does not fall into that category. And you must admit that it is a big strange that you first say that it was a good goal and then spend the rest of the threat claiming that it was bad. Sounds like Olaf Eller's Denmark bias got to you, but whatever...

What I meant to express is that when the game is over you can't run around and blame anyone but yourself about a loss. You can question a call but fact is we lost because we didn't score any goals. We had enough chances to score three but can't get it back, so let's just forget about this one and get back in the saddle and get a W against Italy. That's a winning attitude.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
We are entitled to opinions too you know? No-one said that you are stupid. Someone (wasn't me) said that you're opinion was stupid. And it is true that you continue to claim that this and that was dirty. I'm not sure what your definiton of dirty is, but in my mind that is doing something illigal and dangerous to an opponent. Like a late hit or something. Scoring a goal that you believe is offside does not fall into that category. And you must admit that it is a big strange that you first say that it was a good goal and then spend the rest of the threat claiming that it was bad. Sounds like Olaf Eller's Denmark bias got to you, but whatever...

What I meant to express is that when the game is over you can't run around and blame anyone but yourself about a loss. You can question a call but fact is we lost because we didn't score any goals. We had enough chances to score three but can't get it back, so let's just forget about this one and get back in the saddle and get a W against Italy. That's a winning attitude.

Look im a grown man, and I find you to be very condescending!

I said it was good at first, but that was the first goal.. I then went on to say the second goal was no good.. As I wrote before if you would have cared to actually read it, instead of coming up with the most condescending yet not rude thing you could write. I wrote that dirty was a bad choice of word, but the game got to me.

I still think it was a bad call by the ref, and not to sportsmanlike!

I never assaulted anyone or forced my opinion down anyones throat, I merely wrote my opinion. Which was aparently enough to get mr. high and all mighty to smite me!

Seriously, I am tired of all you selfproclaimed forum police officers.

Also, YES you are entitled to your opinion, what you are not entiteld too is airing it here! Now youre opinion about hockey and the game, GO ON! but about me, NO I dont think that belongs on a public forum.. At least not with the choice of words you chose!

PS this loss was already forgotten when you guys chose to write me up..

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I wrote that dirty was a bad choice of word, but the game got to me.

I totally agree that a choice of words can have a very unintended outcome. Dirty was first thought by me as being the way the Czech played (which i don't think at all was the case), but it can also just be intepreted as "unclean" meaning it shouldn't have been allowed (not a "clean" goal). Off course in the heat of the moment every resort to a more potent vocabulary

Also, YES you are entitled to your opinion, what you are not entiteld too is airing it here! Now youre opinion about hockey and the game, GO ON! but about me, NO I dont think that belongs on a public forum.. At least not with the choice of words you chose!

I totally agree here as well. We are here to talk about the hockey match and I'm very interested in hearing in what you all have to say about the match. We all see things from different perspectives and different level of hockey-knowlegde (and i don't claim in any way to be an expert). It's such a shame when a good debate gets derailed with personal attacks even if they are not intended either, but perceived as such.
So lets continue with views on the match as a whole.

What can the czech team do to improve? Was it the czech team that played badly, or the danish team that was surprisingly good?
What can the danish team improve on (off course scoring, but how to achieve it?)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I wrote that dirty was a bad choice of word, but the game got to me.

I totally agree that a choice of words can have a very unintended outcome. Dirty was first thought by me as being the way the Czech played (which i don't think at all was the case), but it can also just be intepreted as "unclean" meaning it shouldn't have been allowed (not a "clean" goal). Off course in the heat of the moment every resort to a more potent vocabulary

I totally agree here as well. We are here to talk about the hockey match and I'm very interested in hearing in what you all have to say about the match. We all see things from different perspectives and different level of hockey-knowlegde (and i don't claim in any way to be an expert). It's such a shame when a good debate gets derailed with personal attacks even if they are not intended either, but perceived as such.
So lets continue with views on the match as a whole.

What can the czech team do to improve? Was it the czech team that played badly, or the danish team that was surprisingly good?
What can the danish team improve on (off course scoring, but how to achieve it?)

Thank you :) And I agree..

Well I think the Czechs played smart. They were very defensively minded, wich has to be a kudos to danish hockey..

I think it was a mix of an unprepared Czech team and a good danish team..

But, we also have to remember this was the first game for both of us. I think ill wait till after the Sweden-Czech game before I judge them.

I dont think Italy will be a walk over, but if we dont beat them comfortably I will be a little dissapointed...

It seems that, outside the top six a bottom 4 is being formed. Denmark, Norway, Germany and Latvia seem to be stuck in the A group, and closing the gap between them and the rest.

The 2 bottom teams just seem to go in a loop now. Must be more fun to wathch the WC now as the bigger teams see more resistance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad