GDT: Group S • May 10 • Czech Republic 3, Latvia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Nothing away from any of the teams CZE has played already, but
IMO they have not been very convincing in any of the games yet.

EDIT: And of course they score when I say this.

Not being convincing and still winning takes some kind of skill as well. It's much easier to win of you are convincing :laugh:

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
The Czechs aren't that bad. They know how to win championships, and it's not done by giving your best at the first games.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Weird match, weird championship so far... Most of the time forwards look like they have no chemistry at all, we miss at least one big guy in D and our system looks a bit chaotic. At least every single year we can count on goalies, 2010 Vokoun, 2011 Pavelec and now Kovar.

About D... We could use Hejda, Spacek, Martinek, hell even Petr Svoboda coming from retirement could help that squad :sarcasm:

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
The Czechs aren't that bad. They know how to win championships, and it's not done by giving your best at the first games.

Agreed. Although one would expect from a big team like CZE that
the performance is somewhat stable or even advancing.
Maybe this can be seen as a step to more interesting games when
SUI, LAT, NOR and hopefully also DEN can pull an upset any given day.
Or consecutive days.

EDIT: I better shut up. Every time I write something CZE scores.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Or consecutive days.

See that is the Czech secret...everytime we try to write they are not convincing they strike back with a goal. That seems like a definitve game play :D

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
I wonder if Nolan would have taken the GK out if it hadn't been for the penalty. Obviously the goal difference matters too..

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Or consecutive days.

Well in the last two games vs CZ, we got 4 points. 1 win and one shootout loss :) We have beaten switzerland two times in a row, so im happy with our team atm. I think we can upset many teams :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well in the last two games vs CZ, we got 4 points. 1 win and one shootout loss :) We have beaten switzerland two times in a row, so im happy with our team atm. I think we can upset many teams :)

The danes even manage to upset themselves! :laugh: maybe we need more Zyfurax? against the upsetting result of loosing to Italy!

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
with the way we played today it is really frustrating and disappointing not to take some points from this game.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Weird match, weird championship so far... Most of the time forwards look like they have no chemistry at all, we miss at least one big guy in D and our system looks a bit chaotic. At least every single year we can count on goalies, 2010 Vokoun, 2011 Pavelec and now Kovar.

About D... We could use Hejda, Spacek, Martinek, hell even Petr Svoboda coming from retirement could help that squad :sarcasm:

I'm agree with you that this is weird championship so far.. I know about wicked ticket pricing but if those arenas were full it would be sooo muuuch better. However I disagree with the goalie issue. I think we can count on Kovar. He seems to me pretty confident.

I think that our biggest problems are that we don't have a leader. (yeah Pleky is a great player but not a great leader) and that we don't have a two way forwards in the lines. (well we have Koukal now and Vincour on the bench)

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I'm agree with you that this is weird championship so far.. I know about wicked ticket pricing but if those arenas were full it would be sooo muuuch better. However I disagree with the goalie issue. I think we can count on Kovar. He seems to me pretty confident.

I think that our biggest problems are that we don't have a leader. (yeah Pleky is a great player but not a great leader) and that we don't have a two way forwards in the lines. (well we have Koukal now and Vincour on the bench)

I didnt say the goalie is an issue. I said we could count on Voky, we could count on Pavs and now we can count on Kovar.

The issue with a leader caught my attention today too. I think Rolinek is missing in the locker room pretty much. Jagr could also wake em up and Voracek has been a crazy hyperactive kid last 2 yrs as well

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium

Very true. NOR is definitively not to be underestimated.
There seems to be a group with NOR, LAT and SUI being
able to really shake anyone on a given day.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
I didnt say the goalie is an issue. I said we could count on Voky, we could count on Pavs and now we can count on Kovar.

The issue with a leader caught my attention today too. I think Rolinek is missing in the locker room pretty much. Jagr could also wake em up and Voracek has been a crazy hyperactive kid last 2 yrs as well

Oh sorry, I probably read far too fast sometimes :laugh:

Edit: And Nemec proves he's probably the best not NHL Dman in Czech Republic imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad