GDT: Group S • May 10 • Czech Republic 3, Latvia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Side Stache

Dec 3, 2011
Ai, Daugava, Daugaviņa.

2 chances to score on a half-empty net, 2 chances wasted.

23 shots each, but we've had more chances so far. Let's just hope this continues the same way. We're not playing very great, but the Czechs play even worse.

Yeah, Daugavins have been terrible on scoring empty net goals. So far 5 missed chances.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
No, teh Czechs have more pš, kš. Nanana you say? What could it be?

To me it sounds like that. I mean they got a melody. I dnt like russian lang. I get so tired after a while. They just talks super fast, I dnt understand a **** and they screams alot :rant: But i like the commercials from russia 2 xD Its 100% mafia style (gazprombank commercial and others) :D

The guys on this stream are the completly different and thats nice ;)

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Raivoraitis (terrible + sober). Finnish for an absolutist :)

LAT and SUI are pretty much the most positive teams this year.
Fun teams to watch and they can perfectly well pull some upsets
(deservingly) in the coming games still.

Both have a good chance of reaching the QF! Go LAT!

That reminds me of when I was going through passport control in Helsinki. My brother (his middle name is Raitis) hands the guy his passport and he starts laughing, then calls over the other guy to take a look. Then he explained to us what Raitis means in Finnish (he who abstains from alcohol). My parents obviously chose the wrong name.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
That reminds me of when I was going through passport control in Helsinki. My brother (his middle name is Raitis) hands the guy his passport and he starts laughing, then calls over the other guy to take a look. Then he explained to us what Raitis means in Finnish (he who abstains from alcohol). My parents obviously chose the wrong name.

:) Well there's a Finnish proverb freely translated saying that
"a name doesn't worsen a man".

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah but i wasnt sure :P im not an expert in danish lang :( I can a little bit. "Det er sjov at tsjekkien kører over lettland" or something like that :P

"Kjempefint for Norge" ? (Norw) - "Der er godt for os, hvis tjekkerne banker letterne" (dan).
(Giant-nice for Norway - It is good for us, if the czechs thrash the letts)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

A scientist named Karl Smart came to Danmark and couldn't figure out we all people sRacial Slured at his name - in danish we use it in the meaning "wise guy" in an overpompous way. "oh you are such a wise guy".

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
What's wrong with the Czech, you already got beaten by Sweden and now you are in a situation with Latvia.

Nothing away from any of the teams CZE has played already, but
IMO they have not been very convincing in any of the games yet.

EDIT: And of course they score when I say this.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
I think we will never beat them. No matter how terrible they play, how ugly their game is, they still manage to score always against us and win the game. And this is how they've made it to finals more than once.

Miserable show by Latvians. Miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3