GDT: Group H • May 11 • Finland 3, Canada 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Forgot the game was on but I was kind of expecting to see a final result with Finland winning it. Pleasantly surprised that Canada got the win, especially in regulation. Finland is a great competitor and hopefully Team Canada and take this win and build on it.

Matt Ryan

Falcons Rise Up
Oct 4, 2011
San Francisco
We take hockey very seriously here. It is the #1 sport here after all.

We are more or less upset to lose after leading 3-1, but to be honest, a bunch of KHL/Elitserien/SM-liiga players to lose against quality NHL's is not a real surprise.

I see where you're coming from. I'm saving my tears for the olympics ;)

PJM

Feb 18, 2006
To sum it up:
Ward > Lehtonen today. Lehtonen did not have gamesavers today. He did not have a bad game, the Canadian goals were hard to any goaltender. D's fault. It happens. It doesn't mean we would have won with Vehanen either today. These things happen.

Then again Lehtonen was facing shots from players of a different quality compared to the shots towards Ward, and even then there were a couple of posts that could have changed it. It was not goalies but the skaters that made most of the difference.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Finns lost because of Komarov.

Wait wut. It's a troll post for sure, but Komarov did have a pretty bad game when compared to normal. Seemed like his hands were shaking a bit with the puck, probably because he wants to go to the Leafs and thought this was a chance to show his game.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty exciting game. It was made far, far better by a crowd that actually numbered more than a few hundred people. Canada was lucky to get the win; if ever there was a game that should have gone to OT, this was it. This should bode well going forward, since Canada finally played to their ability for an extended period.

Good:
Timely pinches by the Canadian defencemen. This was the first game that they actually helped sustain possession, and it was key to the turn around.
Burrows was good. In addition to the goal, he made a fair number of smart plays.
Getzlaf actually looked pretty good today. The good people of Helsinki should be on alert at all the clubs tonight.
Russell made a lot of good quality plays, and he should be getting top 4 minutes.

Bad:
Stupid penalties. No excuse for the penalties by Quincey, Skinner or Perry. Phaneuf's penalty was a joke call.
Abysmal penalty kill. They do OK keeping the other team from gaining the zone, but once they set up it's like a guaranteed goal. This has to fall on Sutter to a large degree.
Tavares line should be getting the best powerplay minutes. They look so much more dangerous than the Getzlaf line on the PP. Russell should also get some PP time.

JYP88*

This is what you get when y but talent versus soft eu players. anyway I'm pretty sure that Finland will get higher position in this tournament than Canada.... what motivates Canada win this tournament? They got more Pus## back home?

Oilin Toronto

Mar 31, 2010
And his car. Poor guy.

Good game guys. You should be proud of your team. They played well today...just not as good as Canada today. I'm sure you'll have another chance to redeem yourselves.

You have to love the Finns. Anytime you have a country that is that united in backing its hockey team, you have to tip your hat to them.

Have some drinks tonight, and I promise you guys, it won't seem that bad tomorrow. :)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
But how much was the beer?
Beer is never too expensive.

942211614.gif

Scottrockztheworld*

Good game guys. You should be proud of your team. They played well today...just not as good as Canada today. I'm sure you'll have another chance to redeem yourselves.

You have to love the Finns. Anytime you have a country that is that united in backing its hockey team, you have to tip your hat to them.

Have some drinks tonight, and I promise you guys, it won't seem that bad tomorrow. :)

Unless Getzlaf challenges them to a fight.

Leaf

Apr 25, 2012
This is what you get when y but talent versus soft eu players. anyway I'm pretty sure that Finland will get higher position in this tournament than Canada.... what motivates Canada win this tournament? They got more Pus## back home?

Competitive nature? Good game to you too.

Mara

May 10, 2011

It doesn't feel bad at all tbh, imo neither team was that much better than the other. Finns got more shots on goal, two posts in last period, but Canadians simply had more individual talent and Lehtonen couldn't bail us out. I'm very happy with this result, compared to last year the team is playing much better(last year lost to Czech and beat Latvia in OT) and this game showed that Finland can win any team in this tournament. A good, tough game that could have ended either way.

Kigetsi

Nov 6, 2009
Finland
For a hockey game, no. But I did shed a tear when they closed the Forum and gave the Rocket a 15 minute ovation.

Well, some people are more emotional than others and act like that. I just don't understand why people think it's funny that some guy is crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad