GDT: Group B - May 9 - Finland vs Denmark

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I still don't think Andersen has ever lost against Finland. 2-0 record, we didn't have a chance. Dahm however is a different story.

Quonis

Jan 3, 2015
Copenhagen
This is the second time Denmark has beaten Finland at the World Championships. First time was in 2010 (4-1). That year Denmark made it to the quarterfinals, so I'll take that as a good sign.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I'm fully loving the narrative that this is Marjamäki's loss. Nobody elses. Absolutely nobody else could have done anything better.
At the same time, the 1st 3 wins were anything but Marjamäki's wins. The narrative is drilled too deeply into the fans minds its so laughable.

Also- ''Replace Pokka with Heiskanen'' when they're on the same ****ing pair.
Handedness issues on the power play surely will be rectified by a 18 year old youngster, he's superior to everyone on the team ;)

Maybe switch Teräväinen and Kapanen? Rantanen has played a lot on the right wall as well. That 1st PP needs a shooter. Can't have Aho, Granlund and Teräväinen just passing the puck around for 2 minutes. And yes, replace Pokka with Heiskanen.

Henri M

Dec 12, 2012
LOL at the hysteria.
Was a game where Denmark was rested, goalie played well, had something to prove and the margins were with them.

Finland dominated most of the play, but the puck kept fighting them all night (weird bounces, missed shots, etc). In addition to coming out and playing flat this was nothing out of the ordinary. I almost expected this after the first 3 games.

Good lesson game for the team anyways.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
This bad boy?
28498011_0_640x640.jpg
You might know his son, Nikolaj

465846.jpg

He is best buds with Laine.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
People who thinks FIN is gonna win this by 4 goals are absolutely insane. Yes Finland have 1½ scary line, but Denmark has two NHL calibre lines too now and the other two lines can on a decent day play equally well. Especially with the addition of two NHL players from Denmark.

Finland has played nothing but teams with 1 or two NHL players so far in the tournament and all the sudden they are an amazing team?

Stop drinking so much.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Maybe a new strange record in WHC history. Finland scores over 30 Goals and don t qualify for QF. ;) ;)!

Reactions: Loffer

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
People who thinks FIN is gonna win this by 4 goals are absolutely insane. Yes Finland have 1½ scary line, but Denmark has two NHL calibre lines too now and the other two lines can on a decent day play equally well. Especially with the addition of two NHL players from Denmark.

Finland has played nothing but teams with 1 or two NHL players so far in the tournament and all the sudden they are an amazing team?

Stop drinking so much.

Drinking the Kool-Aid is fun sometimes.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
FinlandSuomi

"However the Swedes had rivals in Finland. The Danes invaded Finland twice, in 1191 and in 1202."

Danish WW2 Pilots | Danish Volunteers in the Winter War

"The Soviet Union attacked Finland on 30 November 1939. People all over the world were appalled by the aggression. To many Danes it was an inexcusable attack on a neutral country and a sister nation."

o7

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Okay? But it is not better to be 1. or 2.? To avoid RUS or SWE in QF?
I don't care who we play in the QF if we make the game. We can beat anyone on a good day. Ofc it helps to be 1-2 but Czechs have usually been a terrible opponent for us in the QF. Switzerland can surprise.. if we play Russia/Sweden, we won't be the favourite so if we lose, it maybe won't suck as much.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
I don't care who we play in the QF if we make the game. We can beat anyone on a good day. Ofc it helps to be 1-2 but Czechs have usually been a terrible opponent for us in the QF. Switzerland can surprise.. if we play Russia/Sweden, we won't be the favourite so if we lose, it maybe won't suck as much.
Yes right! But CZE and SWISS are not so strong as RUS and SWE. I think it isn t good to careless give away place 1 and 2.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yes right! But CZE and SWISS are not so strong as RUS and SWE. I think it isn t good to careless give away place 1 and 2.
Of course not, but if it happens, I don't think it as such a bad thing. Still I hope we can beat both Canada and USA.

Last edited:

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Of course not, but if it happens, I don't thin it as such a bad thing. Still I hope we can beat both Canada and USA.
Yes i hope the record vs big nations could be better now under Marjamäki. But after the Denmark-Game,i ve some doubt.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Its kinda like cheating having Freddy "fck you" Andersen on goal.

.930 in the tournament so far.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Okay? But it is not better to be 1. or 2.? To avoid RUS or SWE in QF?

You are right of course, but despite this loss there are still chances to finish as second the preliminary round. They have to beat Germany what should be possible and USA what isn't impossible too. Last year Finland played a terrible tournament but won the quarterfinal very surprising against the USA. May be they can beat USA again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad