GDT: Group B - May 9 - Finland vs Denmark

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Meh, i deleted the message because i didn't want to start that argument. Too bad you already replied to it. Maybe it's not mature, but saltiness and all that stuff is part of these threads whenever an upset happens. It's not exclusive to Finns, and i don't like it when you come here to bring it up like it's something unique, that we as a people are somehow especially cocky or salty. Hell naw.

Fair enough, I think we are on good enough terms to forget this and have a laugh in tonights GDT.

Reactions: Paul Maurice

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
E. Actually i don't wanna start a fight.

The fact is that Finns should've expected to win this, there's nothing cocky or arrogant about it. Just like Canadians should expect to be in the finals every year because that's how good their material is.
Agreed - Bit there is a difference between expectinb a win, and expecting a blowout.

There is a difference between expecting a win, and then using bad excuses that discredit the winning team, when you don't.

That's all I am saying.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Agreed - Bit there is a difference between expectinb a win, and expecting a blowout.

There is a difference between expecting a win, and then using bad excuses that discredit the winning team, when you don't.

That's all I am saying.
True, maybe some people got a bit carried away by the numbers we put up against the weaker countries. People should realize that Germany also won South Korea 6-1.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
I ve the feeling if the finns increase more and more talented player and parallel the mental strengh is going down. I can imagine the finns have from 2020 or 2022 or later a highly talented team but the mental is more comparable to the russians. ;)!

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Actually won a lot of money from this game, picked the exact score right too. Just somehow knew they would fold like a cheap ...... when even a moderately decent team came up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad