GDT: Group B - May 9 - Finland vs Denmark

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Finns can't beat a host contry. I am actually very sad. Teräväinen stupid penalty in the end.. Denmark well rested, home crowd and they play with a lot of heart. I am actually heartbroken, this should've have never happened. Congrats anyway.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
The issue is how easily Finland was shut down in the third. That falls on the coach to play a hockey which kills the speed. It is not the players fault.
Would Aho completely agree with you on that? He's showing his support here and he was dynamite under Marjamäki scoring the golden goal in Kärpāt championship a while back.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
I'm fully loving the narrative that this is Marjamäki's loss. Nobody elses. Absolutely nobody else could have done anything better.
At the same time, the 1st 3 wins were anything but Marjamäki's wins. The narrative is drilled too deeply into the fans minds its so laughable.
TBF you could have me blackout drunk behind the bench and we would have won the first 3 games.

Reactions: Koijari

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
TBF you could have me blackout drunk behind the bench and we would have won the first 3 games.
Doesn't support the narrative of Marjamäki is ruining the team actively, does it? It's always Marjamäki if this team loses. Nothing else. It's just a laughable narrative since it doesn't matter what coach is behind the Finnish bench, it will have had upsets happen against them.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Well Finland could use Rinne and Tolvanen. Laine will need his ”vacation” just like last year so he wont come even if WPG are eliminated.
Tolvanen probably won't be invited due to not playing for like a month, and Rinne probably won't come because he's too pissed about losing G7.
And I'm sure as hell that Preds win this coming morning.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Doesn't support the narrative of Marjamäki is ruining the team actively, does it? It's always Marjamäki if this team loses. Nothing else. It's just a laughable narrative since it doesn't matter what coach is behind the Finnish bench, it will have had upsets happen against them.
Yeah, i'm not blaming Marjamäki for this, just saying that the first 3 games were won with superior player quality, not coaching.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
We sure as shit aren't getting any NHL reinforcements, no matter what team gets relegated. Who would want to join this sinking ship...

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I don't understand why Teräväinen took the risk to take the penalty by playing the puck high over the boards. He had other options there was no need to play the puck like this.

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
I'm fully loving the narrative that this is Marjamäki's loss. Nobody elses. Absolutely nobody else could have done anything better.
At the same time, the 1st 3 wins were anything but Marjamäki's wins. The narrative is drilled too deeply into the fans minds its so laughable.

Also- ''Replace Pokka with Heiskanen'' when they're on the same ****ing pair.
Handedness issues on the power play surely will be rectified by a 18 year old youngster, he's superior to everyone on the team ;)

I agree that the Marjamäki hate is growing to ridiculous levels.
Not that I particularily like him as a coach - but still

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Happy it was Team Denmark that pop the bubble. Last week of hockey journalism in Finland related to Leijonat have been rather primitively un-analytical and at worst, totally over the top.

Reality check for both Finnish fans and players. Better team won today.

I can't feel bad for the loss, as something like this was expectable considering how ridiculous lengths the hype went. In hockey you don't necessarily have to score 7 more goals than opposing team, one more is enough to win the game.

Team Finland outfit shown today doesn't promise good for games against Canada and USA.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Concerning Marjamäki, I don't like him as coach but Finland had lost this game with any coach.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It's not surprising that a rested team has a lot better chance for an upset when the other team just played yesterday. Oh well, at least I got some money when I put all my money left on my betting account to Denmark. It wasn't a lot but I got at least something.

LoveNHL

Jun 15, 2015
Sweden
Most of the third Finland hit a wall of five static players and could not figure out how to get past that. Modern hockey utses speed to solve that. Look at most nhl teams what they do. Just dump it deep and charge after it. Simple but very effective.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Germany-Finland game just got interesting. Both Germany and Finland play back to back games before their match but GER gets 9 hours of more rest so things should be pretty even considering how close the DEN-GER game was, especially if Finland vs Canada game becomes a war.

This all makes things and the tourney more interesting. Good for the game and well good for Team Finland also. Today's level is not enough.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad