GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Czech Republic 0, Finland 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Micke being the C there with his comments to Aitto. Great to see and hear.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Good and a bit lucky game for Finland. If Aittokallio haven't been that good in the 2nd period it'd been a different game.

I hope the Czech's beat whoever they face next.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
quite a turnaround for a team thumped 8-1. We can basically scratch that off as a nightmare and see that the pre-tournament perception that this team really could challenge anyone as being back on.

If we get to the final, I'm kinda of hoping for Canada. They's be really motivated to prove it was a fluke and I'd wager Canada would have a very small likelyhood of actually winning.
Not being a homer, just how the teams would match up psychologically. Canada over easy, Finland super fired up..

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Good and a bit lucky game for Finland. If Aittokallio haven't been that good in the 2nd period it'd been a different game.

I hope the Czech's beat whoever they face next.

thx for your kind words :)

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, the USA game was better, we were bit sloppy at times and could have upped the tempo a bit. Though 4-0 nevertheless which is not bad at all... I'm beginning to like this team!

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Well, the USA game was better, we were bit sloppy at times and could have upped the tempo a bit. Though 4-0 nevertheless which is not bad at all... I'm beginning to like this team!
Well, I'm not complaining... I've seen too many games where Finland holds the puck, shoots from everywhere but can't score to save their lives.

Nice to see the tables turned for change.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Rooting for Czechs from now on.

Yeah, very positive playing style, though I didn't get the penalties, not very Czech like in that sense, undisciplined a bit. Not too many goal scorers it seems also. But absolutely supporting this team in their quarterfinal!

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Someone should put together a clip of Pulu hitting the pipes in this tourney. With sounds. I bet it plays a melody. Probably a full song.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, I'm not complaining... I've seen too many games where Finland holds the puck, shoots from everywhere but can't score to save their lives.

Yeah, I thought that about the US game with their bad quality shots from all over the place except from the best places. Finland often wins the shots but loses the game, so this is really much better.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Yeah, with Hakanpää.
Hakanpää and Aittokallio seem to have a thing going on. They were butting heads and yelling at each other after the game vs. USA as well.

This is obviously a team that has bonded really well.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I dont understand what is the problem with Armia. He really looked so ''flegu'' tonight once again. He didnt have too much hurry while skating to the bench either.

Also why did he say: ''I didnt score, im pissed off'' after a 4-0 victory in an important game? Doesnt he realize that winning as a team is more important than getting a goal?

I really hope someone teaches some wisdom for him and humble also. Otherwise he will not be playing in the NHL ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad