|Nicolas Fluri
wca.gif
|Kiel Murchison

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Should be a tight game.. Czechs have perhaps the best goalie in this tournament right now and lots of skill. If Finns want to win they have to skate, Czechs seemed very slow.

Win and we play the Swiss team in the quarterfinals, lose and we get Russia or Sweden, so win please :yo:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Can only hope the first line continues to score. Big game obviously for both.

Ps. The right flags, wuhuu! ;)

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
Huge game tonight. Both teams should be very interested in winning in order to prevent an early Sweden/Russia matchup in the quarterfinals.

Interesting side note, Finland has had the fewest penalty minutes of the whole tournament. The Czechs on the contrary have received the most minor penalties of all teams so far. Special teams will decide this one. Maybe the best two goalies of the tournament will face each other tonight.

GO Suomi!

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
If the first line can get if going for us I say 4-3 in a tight game.. If not we still have a chance because I think we have good enough secondary scoring and if we play good team defence we can win it.. But I'm kind of scared about Mrasek.. he stood on his head yesterday and is definitely full of confidence :laugh: .. I'm assuming the crowd will be on Team Mrasek's side?

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Can't think of anything but a good game, i think Finland will control the game but Czech have that awesome goalie.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Can someone give me the best names of Czech republic? Who are the players i should keep an eye on? Any first rounders?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Can't think of anything but a good game, i think Finland will control the game but Czech have that awesome goalie.
He is not a robot but Finns certainly know how to make opponent goalies the game's mvp's like USA in this tournament.

What time is this game in Finland? not sure am I going to bar tonight...just talked to couple of friends..other was passed out and the other was talking "norwegian"...they started drinking yesterday...I'm just too tired of drinking in general...though I'm drinking some estonian export beer atm

sajmae

Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
5:1 for Finns.

ElHefe: Probably Hertl and Holík are playing really well. Musil was drafted 31st overall last year and Jaškin 41st. Radek Faksa is predicted to sneak into first round this year.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Damn NYE games. Going to miss this one.

Anyways, I predict a tight game. Especially if Finland manages to play like they did against the US. Fortunately Finland is still in the QFs if they lose this one, should help with the pressure. Sure, the opponent is tougher, but you have to win those teams anyway if you want to medal.

And as a reminder, the last time Finland did get a medal from WJC, they won against Sweden in the QFs (although mostly thanks to Rask).

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I feel like these teams could play pretty close game, its going to be exciting to see if Finlands going to Finnish their opponent or are they having a Czech-mate against us :)

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Czech Rep 4 - Finland 0/1.

Czech's have looked far better both offensively and defensively in this tournament so far.

edit. Any news from Määttä or Mäkinen? Will they play?

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Interesting to see if the Czechs will take this one relatively easy and then pull out all the stops in the quaterfinal.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I hope for a good game. Need to stay out of the box in this one. (or score couple of shorties)

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Finland should win this easily. 1st line will score the goals. Granlunds best performance so far.

Nikoy

Nov 17, 2011
Yep, expecting a dominating performance from Granlund tonight 3 or 4 points. :handclap:

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Yep, expecting a dominating performance from Granlund tonight 3 or 4 points. :handclap:

It'd be about time for Granlund to start playing at his level. For some reason I doubt he will, the WJC's seems to be poison for him.

Maybe he just isn't that good? :sarcasm:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Finland should win this easily. 1st line will score the goals. Granlunds best performance so far.
Watched Czech game against USA, its not going to be easy, nowhere near easy theyre good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad