Nov 19, 2010
Finland
:D What is this?

img-1288644657104.jpeg

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
we play slovakia next but who do we play if we go through to semi??

if russia wins against sweden, they go to semi's so do we play them?? or winner of sweden vs czech?

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, to be brutally honest, I think bronze would be the most realistic goal for us (and in the first place actually getting to the medal round), but in best of one matches all sorts of things can happen, and being the underdogs with a good goalie and disciplined team defence is almost an ideal situation for Finland. But this is all academic unless we are able to handle Slovakia first.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
we play slovakia next but who do we play if we go through to semi??

if russia wins against sweden, they go to semi's so do we play them?? or winner of sweden vs czech?

Russia is playing Czech, Canada and Sweden are waiting around for those two games.

If(when) you beat Slovakia, you play Sweden. Canada plays winner of Russia Vs Czech.

Like so:

QF1: Finland vs. Slovakia
QF2: Russia vs. Czech Rep.

SF1: Sweden vs QF1 Winner
SF2: Canada vs QF2 Winner

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
Russia is playing Czech, Canada and Sweden are waiting around for those two games.

If(when) you beat Slovakia, you play Sweden. Canada plays winner of Russia Vs Czech.

Like so:

QF1: Finland vs. Slovakia
QF2: Russia vs. Czech Rep.

SF1: Sweden vs QF1 Winner
SF2: Canada vs QF2 Winner

IF....
Finland beats Slovaks and Russia Czechs.
It is the dream semifinals for me...Fin-Swe and Rus-Can. Doesn't get any better

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
IF....
Finland beats Slovaks and Russia Czechs.
It is the dream semifinals for me...Fin-Swe and Rus-Can. Doesn't get any better

I can definitely see that happen. Then the Swedes beat Finns and Canada beats Russia and it's Swe-Can at the final and Rus-Fin for bronze.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
They tried it, they fought, but it wasn't enough. Not a bad game at all for Czech Republic, but Finns are way better than them.

Czechs had many chances during the 2nd period but the 3rd goal killed them.

This is completely off. finns are definitely not way better than the czechs. If czechs learned how to stay out of the box it would have been a COMPLETELY different game. 8 penalties to finlands 1. I dont think anyteam in the toruny coulda won that game with that much of a penalty difference. even strength play imo czechs had the edge and even created better chances short-handed at times.

not taking anything away from the finns. they are a great team and congrats on the win. they have some serious talent and watch out for them next year for sure. just think czechs deserve a bit more credit. they played really well still and have a good team. czechs were fortunate to pull of a win against the americans with that many penalties. everyone knew it couldnt happen against the finns. just too much in the end for mrazek. But we were missing 3 of our best players to injury. david musil is likely our best player. they can only blame themselves for that loss tho. just too many penalties.

anyways i just wouldnt say finns are way better than them.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Finns maybe individually or on paper have more talent than czechs. but czechs play well as a team and when they werent in the box they created some great chances. better than what the finns created. aittakallio played well for sure. big reason why they won

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
but again dont want to take anything away from the finns. very discipline team and watch out for them to take a medal. wouldnt be a surprise for me at all. theyre young defenders are starting to play really well.

SittingDuck

Dec 11, 2011
Hyvinkää
but again dont want to take anything away from the finns. very discipline team and watch out for them to take a medal. wouldnt be a surprise for me at all. theyre young defenders are starting to play really well.

yes, but those chances don't mean anything if you don't know how to Capitalize them. Finland sure did and won 4 - 0.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
yes, but those chances don't mean anything if you don't know how to Capitalize them. Finland sure did and won 4 - 0.

yeah of course finns will capitalize with 8 powerplays. if they didnt it would be worrisome.but yeah your right czechs shoulda capitalized on their chances and didn't. just didnt happen for them yesterday. hit a hot goalie in aittokallio.

just wish it was a closer game. 4-0 is not fair based on the even strength play. ill-disciplined game from czechs. but it happens sometimes. just like finns loosing 8-1 to canada. not a fair score at all, they played better than that score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad