GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • United States 2, Czech Republic 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

batsui

Nov 13, 2010
#2 is a common number for goalies in both the Czech Republic and Slovakia. It comes from the time when the goalies for teams wore #1 and #2

Indeed. Sort of the reverse of how it is in Canada in the younger leagues where the biggest-sized sweater is generally 30 or 31. I remember generally getting somewhere between 24-28 growing up as I was one of the bigger guys on my team.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
how dare Mrazek show personality! This is hockey!

he should stick to "we gotta play a full 60 minutes...we gotta play 200 feet....lucky bounces...."

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Gonna be really interesting to see what the USA does against Canada. Can't see them getting as many chances, but I can't see a Canadian goalie stealing the show like Mrazek either.
Doesn't really matter.

The game is just for pride, really. It'll have zero effect on the standings unless Denmark beats Finland somehow.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
They just won the gold medal, right ? :sarcasm:

Oh come on. They are happy! Those guys were never trusted...we had terrible results in junior level and still quite a grim future. This is a big boost to our junior program that is just recently starting to recover. In a way this could be a breakthrough victory and Mrazek (who couldnt represent because of stupid disputes in CZE) played the key role. It was his last chance to represent on the junior level this year...it means a lot to him. Let him and the rest of the guys have their fun.

TeamCanadaBeastsAll

Sep 26, 2011
Does this mean Americans will stop overrating the hell out of their hockey teams? Jeez, win one WJC a couple years ago and they think they're the greatest hockey power.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I liked the celebrations by Mrazek. Then again, I would not have against Canada (Though I thought all the complaints about Canada getting mad at his fist pumps were a little overblown).

But, if you're a Detroit fan, you've got to worry about the over-celebrating while, at the same time, being enthused about a guy wanting to win that bad and wanting it that much. It reminds me of when that video of Tuuka Rask in the AHL surfaced where he flipped out after he lost a game, smashed his stick on the boards and through milk crates on the ice: on one hand, it's troubling to see a young goalie throw a tantrum like that, on the other, you've got to admire a guy who hates to lose that much.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
tomorrows canada vs usa game gunna suck now. was looking forward to it since i purchased tickets back in august. but now that its a pointless game, just wont be as entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad