GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • United States 2, Czech Republic 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
Gonna be really interesting to see what the USA does against Canada. Can't see them getting as many chances, but I can't see a Canadian goalie stealing the show like Mrazek either.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
I knew this Mrazek guy was going to be a bit of a loon when I saw he wore #2; I mean, what the hell.

#2 is a common number for goalies in both the Czech Republic and Slovakia. It comes from the time when the goalies for teams wore #1 and #2

RebelMe

Dec 26, 2008
Mrazek's celebrations were a bit too much for me, but other than that (+incredibly dull commentary in Czech TV) thoroughly entertaining game!

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I wonder how many Americans are going to ***** and whine about the chant the crowd just did.

why would it be a problem? it was canadians doing it hahahah

canadians are cute like carebears.. not a threat or a harm.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Nah we will wait until Canada chokes again and comes out with their "If only our best players were here" ones.

I was actually trying not to enter the Canada vs US thing, because I was cheering for the US, but this is gonna get nasty now.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
How can any true hockey fan like Mrazek and the way he's acting, just stick to football and basketball.

Someone said it earlier - they are teenagers - they are incredulously happy that they beat the US for the first time in 7 years. Give them a break!

I don't like the Canadian fans acting like Habs fans though.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
I dislike people constantly complaining about classless and whatnot around here... but the fans singing the "na na na na, goodbye" song to teenagers when it's not even Canada playing them is classless as ****.

Couldn't agree more. Something is really wrong with those people.

Beerfest*

As a Flames fan it was nice to see Arnold get player of the game for the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad