GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • United States 2, Czech Republic 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

The K Man

May 7, 2011
Calgary
I am Canadian but I thought the chant was asinine.

It is one thing to cheer for a team and against the US as a rival , but these are kids at an international tournement and that sort of taunting is ridiculous and embarrasing.

The booing of the American player of the game was dumb also as was the booing of the Czech player just becuse the fans wanted another choice.

I thought the article dissing this tounnement was sour grapes by a Sportsnet writer for the success of TSN in promoting this tourney.

But this display of Canadian fans acting like louts toward a bunch of kids is not something we can be proud of.

It's a hockey game. Fans cheer and boo, and they were showing respect towards Mrazek and I'm sure Holik even thought Mrazek should have gotten the player of the game.

It's hockey, not some classy event where you are supposed to be on your best behavior.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
that's what is so embarrassing.. some of you care so much that you carry both sides to keep this little "rivalry" and keep it going by yourselves. USA doesn't care as much as you because HOCKEY is not the only thing going on in our country. i would say more USA hockey fans dislike russia than canada, honestly (and that is just because the extent of their hockey background is hearing about the miracle on ice or seeing the movie).

you guys have hockey and maple syrup and..... and.... a moose or 2 :rolly::rolly::D
Don't forget beautiful Moose Jaw.

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Nah we will wait until Canada chokes again and comes out with their "If only our best players were here" ones.

Or the "we were still the better team, you just got lucky" excuse. At least we know they won't try the old "we don't really care about that tournament" bit like they do when they lose in the Worlds or women's hockey.

That said, they're going to kill us tomorrow. This year's USA squad was like so many that came before them: a great collection of individual talent that couldn't put it together as a team.

Invite more guys to camp next year, don't have the team selected before camp starts, and give the guys that didn't come through the USA developmental program a fair shot. Maybe then we can win a medal again.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Nothing like losing by 14.
That was just a part of the bigger plan of knocking US to the second tier. Why lose with a decent result if you can lose by 14 and make everyone else overconfident when they play against you? :sarcasm:

Mike2000z28

Dec 13, 2009
Philly, now montreal
I don't get it. Its not to bad. I mean we only won back to back medals in the past 2 tournaments. Not a big deal. Also how is it once again an upset when you lose to a better skilled team? The Czechs are a better team than the Fins, if not equal. Its not like this was a dream team and we were expected to do anything. This team without the skill is maybe a bronze at best. This team lacked the individual skill of fins/czechs/russians/cdns in the tournament. Same game v2.0. Outshooting from perimeter, a couple good scoring chances that they choked on and good goaltending.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I'm a newcomer to watching USA hockey. I've always followed my school and kids hockey in my area. Was looking forward to these games but the US really didn't live up to expectations (mine that is). Terrible scoring and not very good in the net. I also thought their sense of urgency was nonexistent. Just an overall dissappointment to me. I think Canada rolls us tomorrow. BTW, what's up w/ the canadian animosity? Seems misplaced.

nahcmo

Mar 2, 2011
I am Canadian but I thought the chant was asinine.

It is one thing to cheer for a team and against the US as a rival , but these are kids at an international tournement and that sort of taunting is ridiculous and embarrasing.

The booing of the American player of the game was dumb also as was the booing of the Czech player just becuse the fans wanted another choice.

I thought the article dissing this tounnement was sour grapes by a Sportsnet writer for the success of TSN in promoting this tourney.

But this display of Canadian fans acting like louts toward a bunch of kids is not something we can be proud of.

Yeah, I pretty much facepalmed during the chant. I mean, really? :shakehead

dem

Mar 17, 2002
And here comes the Canada bashing

Couldnt be more childish

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm a newcomer to watching USA hockey. I've always followed my school and kids hockey in my area. Was looking forward to these games but the US really didn't live up to expectations (mine that is). Terrible scoring and not very good in the net. I also thought their sense of urgency was nonexistent. Just an overall dissappointment to me. I think Canada rolls us tomorrow. BTW, what's up w/ the canadian animosity? Seems misplaces.

I still think tomorrow's Canada/USA game will be a good game. I think Canada wins, but it'll be an entertaining game. Probably 4-3?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I have no hate for the Americans, but I know they would be trashing us (and will) if our Canadian boys pull up lame and lose out somewhere along the line here.

I don't think it is appropriate to gloat, though. These are a bunch of teenagers who got beat in a GAME. It happens. God knows it happens to us once in awhile.

I still cheer for the US second to Canada, even if they are our biggest rivals. I think they just never came together in this tourney. It happens, full credit to their opponents.

Regroup and come back strong next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad