GDT: Group B • Dec. 29 • Denmark 2, Canada 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
lol

Yea right...Stone would kill that guy in the CHL if he pulled off that crap there, Stone can take on legit tough guys forget euro softies. Don't let all the goals and points fool you.

You're clearly letting your man-crush on this guy get in the way of logic. Jensen doesn't have a recorded fight, so who are you to say that he would get creamed? You're labelling him as a 'euro softy' simply because of the team he plays for.

He plays a Canadian-style game and I bet he could do better than you think he could. But let's leave it at that.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
You're clearly letting your man-crush on this guy get in the way of logic. Jensen doesn't have a recorded fight, so who are you to say that he would get creamed? You're labelling him as a 'euro softy' simply because of the team he plays for.

He plays a Canadian-style game and I bet he could do better than you think he could. But let's leave it at that.

The fact that he plays junior hockey in Canada and does not have a recorded fight lends me to believe that this is for a very good reason. How can a guy play junior and not have a recorded fight? That's like being a fisherman and never having a recorded catch.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
IIHF website has Stone getting the 3rd goal, assisting on the 4th and scoring the 6th. Source

TSN has the 6th goal from Scott Harrington (Ryan Murray, Ryan Strome), while IIHF has it Stone (Harrington, Murray). I guess a replay after the fact had Stone touch the puck before it went in

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
This is stupid. Blowing out these guys and still pressing is pretty stupid. Especially at the this level. Canada needs to show some class here.

A lot of people have already quoted you and gave some reasons. Here's another:

If Canada plays passive, then Denmark is allowed to play in the Canadian zone. Who wants to play defense all the time?

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Canada has locked up the group, correct? (assuming we don't lose to US by 5 goals or more)

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
This is stupid. Blowing out these guys and still pressing is pretty stupid. Especially at the this level. Canada needs to show some class here.

I disagree with this. You know what is more painful than getting crushed by someone trying their all? Getting crushed by someone who is toying with you because you're not good enough for them to try their all.

Besides, experiencing a high level of hockey like this can only be good for these players. They'll go home and marvel at how skilled and cohesive these Canadian kids are; how quickly they make decisions and how beautifully they skate and find things they can better in themselves.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Canada has locked up the group, correct? (assuming we don't lose to US by 5 goals or more)

nope

head to head is first tiebreaker i believe

if us beats Canada they get 1st place

heres hoping the czechs beat us and danes beat finland. then canada would have group locked up

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I would really like to see Schwartz and Connolly together against USA. Gallagher has boundless energy, but he seems to lose the puck a ton offensively and does not usually capitalize on quality chances. Connolly's offence would be missed on the third line, but it seems like a waste to use him that role with the poise he has shown. I still cannot figure out why a guy who is easily one of the best goal scorers on the team is not getting PP time.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Canada wins the Pool and gains the bye IF ANY of the following happen:

1) Canada beats the U.S.;
2) Canada loses to the U.S. in OT;
3) The U.S. loses to the Czechs in regulation;
4) Finland beats the Czechs in regulation AND Canada loses to the US by 4 or fewer goals.

Root for the Czechs against the Americans. If the Czechs win in regulation, the U.S. is OUT and Canada wins the pool. A Win-Win. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Canada wins the Pool and gains the bye IF ANY of the following happen:

1) Canada beats the U.S.;
2) Canada loses to the U.S. in OT;
3) The U.S. loses to the Czechs;
4) Finland beats the Czechs and Canada loses to the US by 4 or fewer goals.

But... I don't like the bye....

Can we make all four not happen? The Bye always means we have less time to rally together as a team. Hurts gold medal chances, imo.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I would really like to see Schwartz and Connolly together against USA. Gallagher has boundless energy, but he seems to lose the puck a ton offensively and does not usually capitalize on quality chances. Connolly's offence would be missed on the third line, but it seems like a waste to use him that role with the poise he has shown. I still cannot figure out why a guy who is easily one of the best goal scorers on the team is not getting PP time.

I agree, they need to play him more, especially on the PP. He is one of the top offensive players. I hope that the coaches don't 'out-coach' themselves in the important games. I hope Westwood plays outstanding again, as I can't handle watching Visentin fumble around with the puck.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

But... I don't like the bye.... Can we make all four not happen? The Bye always means we have less time to rally together as a team. Hurts gold medal chances, imo.

Given that 3 of the last 4 winners of the WJR did not get a bye, you might be right.

Before that, Bye equaled Gold.

Anyway, at this point the U.S. is the only team that knock us out of 1st place so you want...

The U.S. to beat the Czechs in regulation.
The Czechs to beat the Fins.
The U.S. to beat Canada in regulation.

That will cost Canada the bye.

Pokeys

Dec 31, 2009
Peg
I didn't watch much of the game but I find it funny how any one could be -1 in a 10-2 Victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad