GDT: Group B • Dec. 29 • Denmark 2, Canada 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Two solid periods but the team really let up in the third. Sucks that they broke their PK streak. And they really need to fix their penalty troubles. Taking 8 penalties against the US, Russian, Sweden, etc. normally will bite you in the ass. They can't afford to make those mistakes against powerhouse teams that have the offensive power to make them pay far more often for their mistakes. The score made it easier to laugh at the coach's expression every time the team got called for a penalty and the fact that he had a pen and paper writing it all down as each penalty happened. Chances are, if you took a stupid penalty, there's no way your coach will just happen to forget which player it was that did it, lol.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Btw, does Visentin letting in two mean that we can start Wedgewood for the rest of the tournament?

<3

It means Wedgwood gets the US. Remember, even if Canada loses to the US, they still likely win the group. Also Visentin is the returning guy, meaning hes got both experience of failure and successes in the medal rounds. Wedgwood has to play well if he wants to keep starting. But the ball is definitely in his corner

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Canada wins the Pool and gains the bye IF ANY of the following happen:

1) Canada beats the U.S.;
2) Canada loses to the U.S. in OT;
3) The U.S. loses to the Czechs in regulation;
4) Finland beats the Czechs in regulation AND Canada loses to the US by 4 or fewer goals.

Root for the Czechs against the Americans. If the Czechs win in regulation, the U.S. is OUT and Canada wins the pool. A Win-Win. ;)

Forgot one...

Canada wins the Pool and gains the bye IF ANY of the following happen:

1) Canada beats the U.S.;
2) Canada loses to the U.S. in OT;
3) The U.S. loses to the Czechs in regulation;
4) U.S. beats the Czechs in OT;
5) Finland beats the Czechs in regulation AND Canada loses to the US by 4 or fewer goals.

Root for the Czechs against the Americans. If the Czechs win in regulation, the U.S. is OUT and Canada wins the pool. A Win-Win.

GM17*

I've never seen Canadian fans more excited about a goalie than they are about Wedgewood. excellent

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I've never seen Canadian fans more excited about a goalie than they are about Wedgewood. excellent

Because we all know he's the better goalie. He looks like a very very solid prospect for NJ. In all honesty I've never liked Visentin and I sort of hold a grudge against him for last year. I can't stand the way he plays, every game it seems he lets in 1-2 bad goals. How he was a first round pick is beyond me.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Keep in mind that if there's any position fans have little clue in how to evaluate potential, it's goaltender.

I find the love affair very weird....I'd go with him in this tournament but Canada's goaltending situation is weak and if I was banking on which guy stands the best chance to be a starter in the NHL it's Visentin.

If you wanna see some goaltenders that have serious futures check out Jack Campbell or the Russian kid that played last night. Those guys are more athletic, calmer, and cover more net then both Canadian goaltenders by far.

GM17*

Visentin sits on his arse seconds before the shot is released. It's dreadful to watch.

Excitement about Wedgewood seems primarily due to the fact that Visentin scares the piss out of the fans, but I'd like to think it also has something to do with how he actually played to earn his spot. Lou Lamoriello must be beaming with pride.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Because we all know he's the better goalie. He looks like a very very solid prospect for NJ. In all honesty I've never liked Visentin and I sort of hold a grudge against him for last year. I can't stand the way he plays, every game it seems he lets in 1-2 bad goals. How he was a first round pick is beyond me.

"We" don't all know that. Definately Wedgewood has looked better since the evaluation camp but that does not a career make.

Obvioulsy holding a grudge clouds your judgement somewhat especially considering the collapse against Russia last year was far from Visentin's fault. The whole team panicked plain and simple. If you blame the goalie only for that debacle you have blinders on.

You may not like the way he plays but he has had some success. I assume you are not a professional scout? The year following his 1st round pick Visentin did win the 2010/11 OHL goalie of the year award and earn a spot on Team Canada. It is not like ONLY Phoenix scouts regarded him highly.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Two solid periods but the team really let up in the third. Sucks that they broke their PK streak. And they really need to fix their penalty troubles. Taking 8 penalties against the US, Russian, Sweden, etc. normally will bite you in the ass. They can't afford to make those mistakes against powerhouse teams that have the offensive power to make them pay far more often for their mistakes. The score made it easier to laugh at the coach's expression every time the team got called for a penalty and the fact that he had a pen and paper writing it all down as each penalty happened. Chances are, if you took a stupid penalty, there's no way your coach will just happen to forget which player it was that did it, lol.

As for penalites your right but you can say that about Sweden and Russia as well they have taken a fair amount.

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Keep in mind that if there's any position fans have little clue in how to evaluate potential, it's goaltender.

I find the love affair very weird....I'd go with him in this tournament but Canada's goaltending situation is weak and if I was banking on which guy stands the best chance to be a starter in the NHL it's Visentin.

If you wanna see some goaltenders that have serious futures check out Jack Campbell or the Russian kid that played last night. Those guys are more athletic, calmer, and cover more net then both Canadian goaltenders by far.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
not in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad