Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
2012 IIHF U20 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | GROUP B
DECEMBER 29, 2011
6:00 PM MT • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET (DEC. 30)

flag_128.jpg
Versus-logo_1.jpg
flag_128.jpg

Rexall_Place.jpg

REXALL PLACE, EDMONTON
(CAPACITY: 16,839)

Denmark
Official lineup.
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
8 Thomas Spelling​
|
28 Anders Schultz​
|
17 Nicklas Jensen (A)
|-
15 Nicolai Meyer​
|
11 Patrick Bjorkstrand​
|
13 Mathias Bau Hansen​
|-
19 Mads Eller​
|
18 Thomas Søndergaard​
|
12 Oliver Bjorkstrand​
|-
26 Nicki Kisum​
|
22 Joachim Linnet​
|
25 Rasmus Bjerrum​
|-
-​
|
14 Jonas Sass​
|
-​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
4 Patrick Madsen​
|
9 Emil L. Kristensen​
|-
3 Jannick Christensen (C)
|
5 Tobias Hansen​
|-
27 Anders Thode​
|
21 Mark M. Larsen (A)
|-
6 Martin Rahbek​
|
-​
|-

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
30 Sebastian Feuk​
|
1 Dennis Jensen​
|
-​

Scratches | Reason
G 31 Christian Larsen|
Healthy​
|-

Canada
Confirmed lineup.
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
8 Jaden Schwartz (C)
|
20 Boone Jenner​
|
12 Brendan Gallagher​
|-
11 Jonathan Huberdeau​
|
18 Ryan Strome​
|
16 Mark Stone​
|-
21 Quinton Howden​
|
13 Freddie Hamilton​
|
14 Brett Connolly (A)
|-
10 Michaël Bournival​
|
19 Mark Scheifele​
|
15 Tanner Pearson​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
3 Brandon Gormley (A)
|
4 Dougie Hamilton​
|-
6 Scott Harrington​
|
27 Ryan Murray​
|-
2 Jamie Oleksiak​
|
5 Mark Pysyk​
|-
28 Nathan Beaulieu​
|
-​
|-

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
29 Mark Visentin​
|
30 Scott Wedgewood​
|-

Scratches | Reason
R 22 Devante Smith-Pelly|
Foot injury​
|-

Officials
- | -
wfi.gif
|Tom Laaksonen
wus.gif
|Tom Sterns
wse.gif
|Johannes Käck
wru.gif
|Dmitriy Sivov

Last edited:

Fehr Time*

Canada could be in tough here. I will say 4-3 Canada in a nail biter.

Fehr Time*

I got a chuckle out of this one, until I read some of your other posts and realize you're being serious...:loony:

Canada had a close game against Denmark a few years back I believe. Jensen will have a big game for Denmark IMO against a tired Canada.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I really can't see this one beeing close i could see Canada with a 5-0 lead after the first and then put in on crusie control.

Speedster

Just a king.
Dec 28, 2011
Canada
My Prediction

With Smith-Pelly being out it will be tough for the Canadians, because Smith-Pelly provides enough energy to get the bench and the crowd with his massive hits and his goal-scoring.

But somebody will step up and with Stone's offensive production it will be an easy win.

I don't think it really matters that they play 2 in a row because back down in the juniors they have like 10 back to back games in atleast one season even more.

Canada wins 5-1. Visentin will let loose of the puck and let a goal in because of the rebound. Canada could possibly win 7-3 too... not 10... let's be realistic here.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Canada had a close game against Denmark a few years back I believe. Jensen will have a big game for Denmark IMO against a tired Canada.

Pretty close by our standards, I agree. You are probably talking about 2008 when Canada won 4-1.

A combination of an overconfident, brutal Canadian effort and the Danes playing the game of their lives could produce another 4-1 game.

More likely, 10-1.

At this age, were you ever tired? I could stay up all night and play a game in the morning and feel as fresh as if I slept all night.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Jensen will have a big game for Denmark IMO against a tired Canada.

Yeah...a real tired and totally exhausted Canadian team.
Afterall these players play a lot of 3 in 3 and 2 in 2 most weekends that they will be falling on their face.
Let alone these players are the top players on their CHL teams and get double shifted that they won't be able to handle this 2 in 2! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

btw...weak troll!

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Yeah...a real tired and totally exhausted Canadian team.
Afterall these players play a lot of 3 in 3 and 2 in 2 most weekends that they will be falling on their face.
Let alone these players are the top players on their CHL teams and get double shifted that they won't be able to handle this 2 in 2! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

btw...weak troll!

I think thats what some may not know or leave out major jr teams play alot back to back and yes a fair amount of 3 games in a row and no in now way will canada be Tired.

Last edited:

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
12-2 Canada. I'm assuming they're going with Visentin tonight, and then likely Wedgewood on saturday?

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
8-2 (periods: 2-1, 2-0, 4-1). Canada isn't very motivated and the Danish goalie has a big night, plus getting the first goal by a fluke sets them going very enthusiastically). What can I say, I'm a clairvoyante...

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I hope Hay rolls 4 lines evenly tonight. Anyone else sick of Gallagher on the first line? I think there's much better options.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Hey why don't you do some of your old stuff and tell us about how the U.S. is the most impressive team in the tournament again...

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
I hope Hay rolls 4 lines evenly tonight. Anyone else sick of Gallagher on the first line? I think there's much better options.

What I find a bit dumb is that Tanner Pearson has 4 assists yet see's 4th line time, and was used with Scheifele for like 3 or 4 shifts, resulting in 2 Scheifele goals, and then back to the 4th he goes.

Thanks for that kid. Let these two play together and they'll be good for a couple every game, and can be relied on in tight games. Why? Because they have played together the last 1.5 years.

Yedim

Dec 14, 2011
Canada coasts for a while due to the opponent, pick it up between the 2nd and Early 3rd, then coasts again

Canada 7
Denmark 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad