GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • United States 1, Finland 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Way better offense than who-the U.S.? I think not. Despite Finland's rep as playing a NA style, I think they are going to again struggle against a team that is much bigger and faster than they are. Shoot, the U.S. team, in particular the defense, is even bigger than Canada.

USA's defense is monstrous.. Especially Jarrod Tinordi at 6'7.

The forwards are of similar size than the Finnish team though, defense definitely goes to US (though Finnish defense isn't that small).

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I dont expect anything from this team now. Big loss coming. Only thing is I hope they can now prove they can play as a team and prove me wrong. They have pretty solid single-players, but they just sucked together in last game. Cant really expect win against USA after last game.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
I don't ever recall seeing a Finnish player doing something dirty or cheap or diving. I love how Finland respects the game.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't ever recall seeing a Finnish player doing something dirty or cheap or diving. I love how Finland respects the game.
Notsureifserious.jpg

img-1288398159150.jpeg

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
So there's no Finland's lines yet?

Finland must be quick and control the puck. Then USA is weak. But if we give the puck to them from the start to the end, there must bee something 10-2 on the scoreboard.

FINLAND ! :handclap:

Vimars

Jan 18, 2010
lol Sweden, using their timeout with 0,7 sec left in the clock to taunt German crowd & team in the 2010 WC bronze game. Laughing and pumping fists like children. Then explaining it was a super funny way to respond to their domestic media afterwords.

USA wins 5-3.

kes81sel

Go MacT
Oct 24, 2010
Red Deer
I'm part Finn their for ill be cheering for them all though I'm almost certain U.S. takes this one, hopefully not by to much.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Anything but a tight game would be huge disappointment for me. Im expecting the finns to come out hard and bury some of their chances.

That said, we just simply cannot go down 2-0. We need the first goal.

Our defense needs to step it up like its playoff game for us.

We need to crash the net more.

Helminen needs to call for some advices from other coaches to actually understand what kind of style the finnish squad need to play in small rink.

4-3 Finland

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm torn... I'm an American Wild fan, which has 3 of the top prospects playing in this game. But I love finland due to the Koivu/Granlund connection...

Hmmm.... I think i'm just going to cheer for Granlund, Coyle and Zucker to all light it up.

Finnish Flash 76

Dec 28, 2011
After the horrible game against Canada, our boys have a lot to prove in this one. For a group which is the most talented finnish team at least in 10 years, performance against Canada was unforgivable. Canada´s performance wasn´t anything magnificent, they just scored with crazy accuracy. Our defence sucked and Gibson too, 8 goals is too much, no matter how good your opponent is. Määttä´s concussion wasn´t the best news either; Hovinen doesn´t help our defence which has no self-confidence at all, just makes it worse. And we´ll see how Aittokallio survives against USA.

Mi.Granlunds line was our best and it had good chances to score but why is it so f***ing hard to shoot?! They better fix that up for tonights game. Ruuttu´s goal was a beauty, hopely he and Barkov with Aaltonen get more ice time against USA, they are a good 3rd line. Armia better start to do some work on the ice and Donskoi must do something else than just skate fast.

I believe we´ll see much better game tonight against USA but unfortunately i guess it won´t be rewarded by points. USA will win by 2-3 goals, but i only want to see a hungry,motivated and fighting team Finland. And if we somehow win, that´s just awesome! But i won´t be mad if we lose, i only want a good game from our little lions.

Latex*

1. ketju
Markus Granlund - Mikael Granlund - Teemu Pulkkinen
Konsta Mäkinen - Jani Hakanpää

2. ketju
Joonas Donskoi - Miikka Salomäki - Joel Armia
Miro Hovinen - Ville Pokka

3. ketju
Miro Aaltonen - Aleksander Barkov jr. - Alexander Ruuttu
Rasmus Ristolainen - Simo-Pekka Riikola

4. ketju
Markus Hännikäinen - Otto Paajanen - Mikael Kuronen

13. hyökkääjä: Roope Hämäläinen

Maalissa Sami Aittokallio (varalla Christopher Gibson)

Finnish lines

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Lines unchanged except for Määttä's injury :laugh:
2nd line is such a disaster.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
1. ketju
Markus Granlund - Mikael Granlund - Teemu Pulkkinen
Konsta Mäkinen - Jani Hakanpää

2. ketju
Joonas Donskoi - Miikka Salomäki - Joel Armia
Miro Hovinen - Ville Pokka

3. ketju
Miro Aaltonen - Aleksander Barkov jr. - Alexander Ruuttu
Rasmus Ristolainen - Simo-Pekka Riikola

4. ketju
Markus Hännikäinen - Otto Paajanen - Mikael Kuronen

13. hyökkääjä: Roope Hämäläinen

Maalissa Sami Aittokallio (varalla Christopher Gibson)

Finnish lines

No changes except in defense because of the loss of Maatta?

oh wow raipe. Second line needs to be split apart, it was by far the worst line out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad