Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Raimo Helminen is MAD now!

hpk_ilves_120311_16.jpg

But it will not help...this is going to be ugly...again :help:

Looking forward to see how Etem will fly past our defense! :yo:

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
So tonights guess is that Coyle, Zucker and Saad will have a seven point night. And a hat trick for Etem. Granlund should get a power play point so 11-1 USA.

For a nice surprize Finland has Aittokallio in net. Aittokallio, who was out two days ago for a collarbone injury. Maatta out with a concussion. So the drinking game for tonight might be "everytime when USA scores". :laugh:

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
hopefully MiG has realized that he cant count on his linemates and he starts shooting the puck a lot more

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
I'm expecting a priti tait geim.

Seriously speaking U.S will probably hit the ten goal mark again.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
But it will not help...this is going to be ugly...again :help:

Looking forward to see how Etem will fly past our defense! :yo:

Last year we won in OT in a game we probably shouldn't have won. We just need to play the same way Canada did against the Finns with aggressive forecheck and finish every ****ing hit. I don't know if the Finnish d-men are used to having more time and space coming out of their end, if were they scared ****less by Canada or don't they just have the adequate puck skills to play at this level. Those guys were handling the puck like a grenade in their own end and were not able to execute the simplest of breakout passes . Definitely their biggest weak spot and something we have to take advantage of all night long.

If we can stay out of the penalty box I see the US winning this by three or four goals.

Last edited:

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Finns have a lot to prove on this game. If it's the same as against Canada we can start to think about next years tourny.. Which might be a good idea cause we certanly werent ready for this years tourny!

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
We better get some line changes for this game..

I just highly doubt that, cuz i think Helminen is too "nice guy" for that,
he doesnt want to hurt anyones feelings. He thinks he's a somekind of a papabear for the players. :shakehead

Im not mad if we lose, i just wanna see high spirit and a good battle.

This time bring out the LIONS not the chickens! :handclap:

Last edited:

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
So the drinking game for tonight might be "everytime when USA scores". :laugh:

Hmm... so lots of alcohol related deaths in Finland tonight.

After Canada game I don't know what to expect. It can't go much worse but I don't think we stand a chance at winning. Our D sucks so bad that at least USAs first three lines are going to make them look like complete fools. The most disgusting thing against Canada was our lack of compete level. Canada was a far superior team but our guys didn't even try. They were so timid, slow and downright scared. I just hope they've addressed that and that our 1st line manages to score at least a couple of goals.

As a Wild fan it's really interesting to see Coyle and Zucker in action. Both of them will probably be racking up some more points tonight. I have no doubt Granlund will also be able to stand out in this game but for ****'s sake Mikael! Please stop passing the puck to your useless brother or that "holy slapper" guy. Just put the puck in the net by yourself just like you've done in SM-liiga lately.

Prediction 6-2 USA

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
If our team doesn't show any emotions and passion in this game and looks scared there... we should take those Lion-shirts out of them and let them play in some blank jerseys. If you wear the National Team jersey...you wear it proud and fight every effin second out there.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
U.S head coach Dean Blais has 33 years more coaching experience than our very own Raimo Helminen.

Nice.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
13-2 USA. Not that I'm gonna watch any of this tournament after the pathetic Canada game.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
U.S head coach Dean Blais has 33 years more coaching experience than our very own Raimo Helminen.

Nice.
In Finland we have this thing called "good buddies" where you just have to know well these big bosses in the hockey federation and you can land important jobs like this without experience.

Helminen is a big time joke as a headcoach...I respected him as a player but coaching oh my --> It's almost like Grezky's situation --> he landed important headcoach position too soon

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I don't think that Canada was out of ordinary against us: they didn't have to be. Yeah, I would expect us to be outpaced most of the time, I would expect them to be intense and tough, but that wholesale collapse was sheer mental and tactical unpreparedness. And I have seen more intense and tougher Canada than this, they simply did what they needed to do, and it wasn't awfully much. They showed up and our team looked like pure amateur time. It doesn't have to be Canada to beat us if our defenders forget the most basic moves and placements and look like they have not made a correct pass in their lives. Maybe a professional coach would help?

Well, who knows, team sports are mystical things: couple of days can sometimes make a miraculous change. Somehow I'm not holding my breath. On paper this team can fight the North Americans, maybe lose most of the matches, but with displine, tight team defence and intensity, we have the stuff that can be enough for a surprise. The problem is, unprecedently, that this time Finland seems to look better on paper than ice. Very strange.

Pokeys

Dec 31, 2009
Peg
The fins tend to play better against the Americans than Canada in this tournament, so hopefully this afternoons game is a barnburner. Want to see Ruuttu in action again as well as a few others. :elf:

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Stop jinxing! Were all anti-jinxing. Finland has best performance when there is no expectations.

Oh, I think the mighty Americans need only to show up to beat us 21-0, I don't know if they need to put the skates on, probably not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad