Status
Not open for further replies.

Latex*

Oh aren't you all positive :laugh:

8-2 U.S.A. We will put up a better fight this time around :sarcasm:

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
:D you cheer USA.. right?

No. Finland. But I cheer mostly for good hockey prospects, so in that sense, maybe I will lean a bit towards USA in this game :laugh:. But being all serious about tonights game: :cry:

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Will be a tight game to start. Finland, coming off of their butt kicing, scare me.

Yep Finland will a scary bad hockey again.

The only good news is that they are not last of their group...yet. It's not possible to watch these games sober.

pouskin74*

Stop jinxing! Were all anti-jinxing. Finland has best performance when there is no expectations.

are you superstitious? i am definitely not and therefore i like express my feelings. I am on your side. Hope for win and please dont blame me if its not gonna happend.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Are the Lions going to play with cojones today? or are they continuing looking like bunch of scared smurfs?

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I don't have any expactations after that shameful Canada-game... It's disgusting that our best forward-group in years is wasted by selecting novice "coach".

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
No! Finland will be great in this game.

Highly doubtful unless Raipe magically gained years coaching experince and skill in few days.

I'm fully expecting to hear "We weren't ready to play" again.

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
I will be bummed a bit, but will deal with a loss if Finland atleast shows heart and that they care.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Finland has to play a smart tight game if they start to open it up the game will be over by the end of the second.

Pulkkinen was interviewed and told that tonight Finland will be more defensive and play more straight forward to the net

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
If these things happen, I'm happy regardless of the result:

1) Tight defense, no unmarked men sitting infront of our goal.
2) Straightforward play
3) Granlund shoots the puck when he has a chance
4) Heart from the guys
5) Courage from the guys

that said, I think the guys will bounce back a bit because they don't want to embarass the country or the finnish jersey, wether there is a playing system or not.
5-2 USA is my prediction, and if all these 5 points happen, I'm satisfied.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
You never know what to expect from a team coming off a blowout. Regardless of being overmatched, Finland has too much heart and tenacity to let a repeat take place.

US wins it but closer than 8-1. I'll say 5-2.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
If these things happen, I'm happy regardless of the result:

1) Tight defense, no unmarked men sitting infront of our goal.
2) Straightforward play
3) Granlund shoots the puck when he has a chance
4) Heart from the guys
5) Courage from the guys

Amen, from your keyboard to the great Spaghetti Monster's ears... If Finland would play like that, it would be a tighter game than 5-2, I think.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Amen, from your keyboard to the great Spaghetti Monster's ears... If Finland would play like that, it would be a tighter game than 5-2, I think.

haha, coming from a blowout the guys will probably be pressing their sticks a bit too much, I didn't say anything about better finishing or creating more scoring chances ;)

Dropkick Murphy

Jul 9, 2011
In the bubble
It's easier to quckly correct attitude than rotten playing system. Unluckily Finland has both problems. Helminen/Haapakoski unbelievable bad choice as coaching duo. Helminen has no clue about tactics and Haapakoski is as inspring as dead fish floating in the sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad