GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • United States 1, Finland 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Password

Nov 19, 2010
Finland
I knew we had the potential to beat this big teams. Great team effort! Aittokallio is Nr.1 from now on, no doubt.

jaydub*

We had bunch of luck in this 3rd period, but that doesnt take anything away from us.

Im so ****ing proud of this team. We are tight defensively, have the effort and now scoring some goals aswell. Also Aittokallio was better than i expected.

Still im amazed of how well our defenders competed in this game. 2 of our most talented D are 17 years old and only 1 of those 4 19 year olds have been drafted.

We deserved to win. What a turnaround.

We? who were you out there? which number? thats pretty cool to get to play in the WJC! :D

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Big winner here is the Swiss. Assuming they finish 3rd in the other pool they'dn probably rather face Finland than the US assuming all other games in this pool go according to plan

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Salomäki is a beast! :yo:

For some reason I feel much better now compared to that shameful Canada-game... Of course there were some lucky goal but Finland deserved a win, USA played quite badly today.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
They should've put Jack Campbell in goal maybe?

I'm really glad we have a solid starting goalie for the rest of the tournament now. I don't wanna see Gibson in goal in the game of death...

This is looking really good now as the rest of the team looked great, excluding Mikael Granlund, but knowing him he's disappointed and will improve, as he rarely has weaker games or did USA just shut him down well?

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
What a turnaround from the Canada game. Really proud of the guys right now for proving the Canada game was a fluke. Offensively I think there's still room for improvement but defensively we were awesome, kept USA out of the goal scoring areas very efficiently.

Saku11

Jan 25, 2010
So men like to lose against boys?.This win is pretty neat considering the comments made about Finland at the start of the game :handclap: .Obviously even a medal is far fetch for Finland in this tourney, but for a moment its pretty nice to know that these "soft" boys from a fly`s **** sized country beat the big bad grizzlies of Usa and with clear numbers...

Danish Pastry

this is dream!
Jan 3, 2009
Copenhagen
to whoever said this tourny doesnt mean much why are you in the gdt... it may be biggest in canada but i sure look forward to this tourny every year and want usa to win it every year...

now for the bounce back...

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
I would not say this game means nothing not picking up these 2 point may mean the States will have to play in the quarter final.

In my opinion, the extra game played will only help them. I've seen it time and time again.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Great job by the finns. They bounced back after that blowout to Canada and were full value. I don't think this is that big of an upset. The USA hasn't impressed me at all and Finland couldn't be worse than last game. Attakalio was terrific as well.

The Americans need to wake up. They weren't bad today, but looked like a team that believed in their own hype and didn't seem to have the killer instinct needed. The Czechs look good, so that could be a tricky game as well.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
The score blarney Finland. The game could have gone either way when the score was 1-1. This time we got couple of lucky bounces. Next time it can go the other way.

Thanks for the classy USA fans for congratulations.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
So men like to lose against boys?.This win is pretty neat considering the comments made about Finland at the start of the game :handclap: .
shh-dont-tell-sm11.jpg

You are ruining it, sir. :laugh:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
This is good. Although now it would be better to play against the Czech next, I'm afraid the Denmark game is too easy and Finland will look the same against the Czech as the US did tonight. And Finland probably got a bit of a confidence boost out of this game, which will now go to waste against Denmark.

One can only hope that the US and Canada stomp the Czech team badly and destroy their desire to play hockey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad