GDT: Group A • Feb. 16 • Slovenia vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen 6s

not seeing Anze Kopitar on Slovene bench. will ask about it after game.

--

he didnt play at 3rd at all..

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Can rags fans pat each other's backs in their own forum about Callahan's play? He's been good but at least a half dozen or so have been better on team USA

Callahan was absolutely key yesterday and I'm not a Rangers fan. We're all Team USA fans, what's the problem with talking about players who are doing well? :shakehead

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The U.S. is going to have to beat a team like Canada or Russia to win a gold medal, so it doesn't matter when they play them.

Why the hell is everyone afraid of Canada? Sure, Canada is a deeper team, but the U.S. has better goaltending IMO, and Canada still has to prove they can beat good teams outside of North America in the Olympics. Besides, using everyone else's way of thinking, moving up to #2 means the U.S. probably avoids a dangerous Switzerland team in the quarterfinals.

It does matter. You's rather the matchup happen AT the gold medal game. If it happens before, then you have to go through both!

zamo86*

He is being rested. Had 26:50 ice time yesterday. This match is over since the mid-second period so it makes sense.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Kane has been bad this tournament? Don't think so. Underwhelming, sure. But he's made quite a few nice feeds to guys that couldn't even get off a shot.

member 151739

We saw that pairing yesterday at the end and they were money. Has Kane been his normal self? No, but don't act like Brown isn't holding his game back

Of course he is. I've been saying that all thread. :laugh: Kane's made bad decisions out of frustration, and that's not me giving him excuses, it's one of the factors of his sub-par play. Despite that, he still has 3 points in 3 games. So it could be worse.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
Pavelski line still looking real dangerous.

Seriously, is Nonis going to try and blow Wilson's socks off with a trade proposal? I can't think the Sharks are gonna want to trade him at all, so I'm sure it won't happen.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
The funny thing is a lot of the players no one wanted on this team (especially who they made it over) have been some of the key players in the first couple games.

Stastny
Callahan
Wheeler
Oshie
Fowler

I recall the roster thread, that was a holy crap I can't believe they made it over _____.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
839395546.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad