GDT: Group A • Feb. 16 • Slovenia vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
These guys deserve credit. Slovenia should be proud of the tournament they have had. The score is no indication on how well they compete. Give it a few years and Slovenia will be pretty darn good.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I will be the first to say my knowledge of hockey is limited. My question is how many that post here are NHL coaches or have played at a NHL level or Olympic level.

Every thread ( every country) same complaints.

Yeah, because only Coach can criticize coaching decisions...sure.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
The U.S. is going to have to beat a team like Canada or Russia to win a gold medal, so it doesn't matter when they play them.

Why the hell is everyone afraid of Canada? Sure, Canada is a deeper team, but the U.S. has better goaltending IMO, and Canada still has to prove they can beat good teams outside of North America in the Olympics. Besides, using everyone else's way of thinking, moving up to #2 means the U.S. probably avoids a dangerous Switzerland team in the quarterfinals.

Just hand Canada the gold already...

We all know it's inevitable.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
If you think Saad is better than Parise, you're delusional. Kane's play thus far sucks. There isn't really any excuse.

Never said he was I said he should be here instead of Brown. Keep Parise on that shutdown line and give Kane some familiarity. If he keeps playing like crap the US won't gold. Sooner or later they are going to need him to come through

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I think we will be fine, I don't think we were outplayed by Russia yesterday, I thought it was even. It's hard to get pumped for a Preliminary game against Slovenia. Dustin Brown, and Patrick Kane's performances are what scares me. Both have looked very uninterested all tournament. We are going to need them if we are going to make it far into the medal round.

Didn't Kaner's grandfather pass away? Might have something to do with his performance thus far.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The U.S. is going to have to beat a team like Canada or Russia to win a gold medal, so it doesn't matter when they play them.

Why the hell is everyone afraid of Canada? Sure, Canada is a deeper team, but the U.S. has better goaltending IMO, and Canada still has to prove they can beat good teams outside of North America in the Olympics. Besides, using everyone else's way of thinking, moving up to #2 means the U.S. probably avoids a dangerous Switzerland team in the quarterfinals.

Because having to play Russia in the quarter, Sweden in the semis and canada in the final is absolutely brutal. We could use at least one game against one of the 2nd tier teams.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I will be the first to say my knowledge of hockey is limited. My question is how many that post here are NHL coaches or have played at a NHL level or Olympic level.

Every thread ( every country) same complaints.

Respect what you're saying, but I am inclined to disagree that it actually matters at the level you are proposing it should be. People have their opinions of what they believe should happen because of how a player looks on paper as opposed to on the ice. The difference in opinion is when someone knows how that player works with differing style of players as opposed to their own. I don't need to be a NHL coach or play in the Olympics to know that.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
I'd like to see Kane with Pavelski, but it's hard to break up the best line, since they're the only consistent scoring threat.

We saw that pairing yesterday at the end and they were money. Has Kane been his normal self? No, but don't act like Brown isn't holding his game back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad