GDT: Group A • Feb. 16 • Slovenia vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
I don't remember anyone ever saying he's the best on this team. The criticism you guys are giving him is over the top when he's playing with a handicap on his line that is holding him back. Every time he's been with Parise or Pavelski he's made something happen so I don't think Kane is the whole problem

It's not over the top. What is over the top is when people keep coming to his aide every second something negative is said about his play in this tournament thus far. He's been criticized fairly.

PSUPEN

Apr 1, 2013
Respect what you're saying, but I am inclined to disagree that it actually matters at the level you are proposing it should be. People have their opinions of what they believe should happen because of how a player looks on paper as opposed to on the ice. The difference in opinion is when someone knows how that player works with differing style of players as opposed to their own. I don't need to be a NHL coach or play in the Olympics to know that.

Thanks for an intelligent respectful response. I continue to learn by watching as much hockey as I can. My question was not to inflame.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Q: What's the best scenario for USA with the RUS/SVK game?

Russia winning, Canada beating Finland in regulation. Seeding would be:

1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. USA
4. Russia

Would ensure we don't see Russia or Canada until a potential gold medal game.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Q: What's the best scenario for USA with the RUS/SVK game?

Russia needs to win. Otherwise USA will most likely have to play them in the Quarterfinals.

If the lose USA would likely have to go through Russia-Sweden-Canada for gold.

If they win it would likely be Switzerland-Sweden-Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad