Waived: Gregory Campbell (unconditional - contract terminated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
What are the cap implications for the Jackets (or any team) if a player fails to report and gets suspended by the team? Had he reported, only part of his salary would come off the Jacket's cap. Does his failure to report and subsequent suspension mean that the whole contract is still on the cap?

I'm not sure if refusing to report would be grounds to terminating his contract.

However, if they decide to mutually terminate his contract, he would go on waivers for that and then they would terminate his contract with no cap implications.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
His agent said he doesn't want to play in the AHL because it would take the spot of a prospect trying to make the NHL.

So...he's either being a good guy, or trying to look good.

Thats a bad excuse and it doesn't make sence. So stop whining Campell and let the young guns play for the Jackets instead of you, face it your done!

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Dude has been an NHL player for 10 straight seasons. Ofc he doesn't want to go to AHL. He wants to get traded or if there are no takers probably retire or go to Switzerland. It's his good right, stop pissing on him. Dude played with a broken leg ffs.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I am guessing that we will see his contract mutually terminated and he will then go sign a deal for less money elsewhere.
But he's got to be willing to let money go. He could accept the assignment and make the full $1.3m

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've always had an irrational hatred of Campbell for two reasons..

1 - His Dad is/was a jerk-off
2 - Going by Gregory in stead of Greg

It makes me think of when Pierre unnecessarily says KRISTOPHER Letang. Anyone that makes me think of Pierre is on my ****-list.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Dude should just retire. I mean the Monsters won the Calder Cup last year, if he doesn't want to play for the AHL champions then there is no place for him anywhere.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I've always had an irrational hatred of Campbell for two reasons..

1 - His Dad is/was a jerk-off
2 - Going by Gregory in stead of Greg

HAHAHA. As a "Greg", I can't stand being called Gregory. That's what my parents called me when I got in trouble. Or more accurately, "Gregory Richard!!!"

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Dude has been an NHL player for 10 straight seasons. Ofc he doesn't want to go to AHL. He wants to get traded or if there are no takers probably retire or go to Switzerland. It's his good right, stop pissing on him. Dude played with a broken leg ffs.

Oh really? Tell me more about your son Colin???

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
What are the cap implications for the Jackets (or any team) if a player fails to report and gets suspended by the team? Had he reported, only part of his salary would come off the Jacket's cap. Does his failure to report and subsequent suspension mean that the whole contract is still on the cap?

Zero cap hit while he's suspended. Coupled with zero salary of course.

Only negative for Columbus at the moment is him counting against the 50 contract limit.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he shouldn't even be in the league anymore. funny that he thinks he's good enough to refuse an assignment

just have your dad get you a new job

Bending and Tending

Dec 25, 2014
U.S.A.
But what about the NHL spot he would take from a player.....:laugh:

He's been in the league for a while. I understand where he's coming from. If he earns an NHL spot this year, he's earned it. But if he doesn't, why should he take an aspiring NHLers spot just to hang on to pro hockey for another year.

Thats a bad excuse and it doesn't make sence. So stop whining Campell and let the young guns play for the Jackets instead of you, face it your done!

Isn't that what he's doing. Jesus Christ, HFBoards could find a way to rip Mother Theresa.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
CBJ should offer him a coaching/scouting/development position which is similar in pay to his current contract.

Tell him:
1. We are icing the best 23 man roster we have. Unfortunately you didn't make the cut. That's sports.
2. We appreciate your leadership, insights, and contribution to the team so far.
3. If you want to report to the AHL, you may. If you want to cancel your contract and play abroad, you may.
4. We have been trying to trade you to another NHL team. No takers.
5. If you would like, we will offer you this position within the team's front office...

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
If I'm him I take the assignment, would make himself look good instead of refusing assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad