Waived: Gregory Campbell (unconditional - contract terminated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
When you read stuff like his dad got him a cup or all the entitlement crap your eyes just roll.

The guy made the NHL on his own merit, no team will give you a roster spot just because of who he is, he earned it and played great in Bos's cup runs. If his play had slid it is because of him as well. Just stop the childish remarks.

This 100%. Those who speak of privilege speak out of ignorance.

Gregory Campbell was a legit hockey player who made the league on his own merit.

He played an important roll in the Bruins cup run.

He was poster boy for the U.S. military after taking a slap shot that shattered his leg and somehow he got back on his feet and played out his shift.

A player who frequently fought for his teammates even though he wasn't much of a fighter and usually ended up with the short end of a fight.

All the talk of his daddy got him a cup is just nonsense for fan bases that can't accept the facts so they post BS like his daddy got him a cup. If you watched the Bruins cup run in it's entirety you would know how ignorant that is.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Gregory Campbell was a legit hockey player who made the league on his own merit.

He was poster boy for the U.S. military after taking a slap shot that shattered his leg and somehow he got back on his feet and played out his shift.

A player who frequently fought for his teammates even though he wasn't much of a fighter and usually ended up with the short end of a fight.

All the talk of his daddy got him a cup is just nonsense for fan bases that can't accept the facts so they post BS like his daddy got him a cup. If you watched the Bruins cup run in it's entirety you would know how ignorant that is.

I think his daddy has tossed Boston a bone on more than one occasion using his sway...

That being said you are 100% correct in regards to greg making his own way in the league and he is a very respectable player. He was a warrior for years,

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

I watched every game of that series as a fan of multiple Boston teams and liked their toughness but that team got away with a lot and that Vancouver couldn't catch a break. At one point Mason Raymond had his back broke and they wouldn't even bring out a stretcher they made his teammates carry him off. So much dirty after the whistle stuff went uncalled. A suspension on that Horton hit that was undeserved... etc. Great series and 2 great teams and they 100% won game 7 no question about it but some of the things that happened and never got called or punished by Boston in that series was why people say that. Also Chara and Lucic had major issues happen while his dad was im.charge and nothing. That helps them win long term. So while 99% was them his dad intentionally or not helped them.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Not really. He only gets to choose where he plays if he negotiates a NMC which he did not. He signed his contract knowing full well an AHL assignment was very possible and simply refused to live up to the terms of his contract. Don't sign a contract if you have no intention of honoring its terms.

He breaks his contract he doesnt get paid, easy concept. Thats the reaction to breaking a contract. No one can make a man do something he doesn't want to do slavery is over. As long as he knows the reaction is losing money then as far as Im concerned he has the right to choose what he does in life.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I watched every game of that series as a fan of multiple Boston teams and liked their toughness but that team got away with a lot and that Vancouver couldn't catch a break. At one point Mason Raymond had his back broke and they wouldn't even bring out a stretcher they made his teammates carry him off. So much dirty after the whistle stuff went uncalled. A suspension on that Horton hit that was undeserved... etc. Great series and 2 great teams and they 100% won game 7 no question about it but some of the things that happened and never got called or punished by Boston in that series was why people say that. Also Chara and Lucic had major issues happen while his dad was im.charge and nothing. That helps them win long term. So while 99% was them his dad intentionally or not helped them.

That is a great read....
To think someones mind actually thinks this way is just great.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
That is a great read....
To think someones mind actually thinks this way is just great.

That someone's mind has a logical opinion should be appreciated so thank you... not many fans of teams that read a statement about their team... even though it makes sense... would deny and freak out about someone having an opinion but kudos to you for actually having an open mind. I would expect people regardless of team to be less mature but you seem like a smart fan.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016

As a Vancouverite. I tip my hat to you, Sir.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
In light of recent observations brought forth by Steve Downie who confirmed for all that it was indeed Colin Campbell who attempted to sway John Scott to skip the All Star Game by suggesting his kids would be embarrassed by the spectacle. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and little Colin Jr is following Dad's advice. Colin Campbell has always been a boil on the butt of the NHL that needs to be lanced. To hold the position he does for so long he must have a drawer full of nasty on a lot of people in high places.:shakehead

Please Gregory, take your father with you off into obscurity.

Last edited:

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I don't understand the hate for the Campbells. Greg was a warrior for the jackets last season. I would say he put average 4th line quality play for us - fought people much bigger than himself when the team was down and out and embarrassed. I don't miss him on this roster but if we were running into injury issues at center I wouldn't mind him in a pinch. I get why no team would pick him off waivers at his current salary/cap hit but I would think he would get a league minimum contract for something like 350-400K for the rest of the year. There are plenty of worse players currently in the NHL. Best of luck.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

One big pile of crap, get over it, they manhandle the Canucks at home and game seven, Canucks weren't even close, go away.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
In light of recent observations brought forth by Steve Downie who confirmed for all that it was indeed Colin Campbell who attempted to sway John Scott to skip the All Star Game by suggesting his kids would be embarrassed by the spectacle. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and little Colin Jr is following Dad's advice. Colin Campbell has always been a boil on the butt of the NHL that needs to be lanced. To hold the position he does for so long he must have a drawer full of nasty on a lot of people in high places.:shakehead

Please Gregory, take your father with you off into obscurity.

Ya let's hang on what Steve Donnie has to say. Join Scott was a terrible hockey player and the fact he was at the all star game was a joke on the league.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
At one point Mason Raymond had his back broke and they wouldn't even bring out a stretcher they made his teammates carry him off.

Yeah I remember scene that very well:

Colin Campbell: Hey you - put that stretcher down.
Medic: But Mr. Campbell - Raymond might have a broken back.
Colin Campbell: I don't care. My boy is going to win a Stanley Cup and I don't care what anybody over at HFBoards thinks.
Medic: Yes sir. ( puts stretcher down )

A suspension on that Horton hit that was undeserved...

You now have zero credibility. :shakehead

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Everyone that watched the 2010-2011 Stanley Cup finals, knows the Bruins got help winning it. They got breaks from the league throughout the entire season actually. Let's be real here please.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Tim Thomas was hired by Colin Campbell as a hitman for Vancouver fans feelings

everything makes sense now

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Yeah I remember scene that very well:

Colin Campbell: Hey you - put that stretcher down.
Medic: But Mr. Campbell - Raymond might have a broken back.
Colin Campbell: I don't care. My boy is going to win a Stanley Cup and I don't care what anybody over at HFBoards thinks.
Medic: Yes sir. ( puts stretcher down )

You now have zero credibility. :shakehead

:handclap::laugh:

ReggiesLemons

Jul 4, 2013
Everyone that watched the 2010-2011 Stanley Cup finals, knows the Bruins got help winning it. They got breaks from the league throughout the entire season actually. Let's be real here please.

I don't know why why they bothered to play the season. They should have just given the Bruins the cup since there was clearly a league wide conspiracy to do so....

It's almost been 6 years. Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad