Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins are AHL CHAMPIONS!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Will be facing a desperate hockey team tomorrow/today, I hope the Griffins can match their level of desperation. Curious to see what Syracuse does to adjust to the Griffins speed. Gudas should be back which is a big lift for that team. They are also undefeated on the road this post-season. Hopefully the Griffins get a little more disciplined and take a stranglehold on this series. Really looking forward to game 3.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Just bought tickets to Saturday night's potential game.

Calder Cup finals, Founders Brewery, Hop Cat, mmmmm, gonna be a fun Saturday.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
Hoping to make it to saturdays game if it happens.

I would be VERY surprised if this doesn't go at least 5 games. The Crunch haven't lost on the road in the post season and they are going to be desperate in game 3 tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they sweep. Syracuse has a team of experienced players who have won the championship last season. They know how to turn series and games around. Grand Rapids had better put the pedal down and put their balls to the wall tonight.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
By the way, if anyone is thinking about getting tickets to the games, go now. Friday is pretty much sold out and will be standing room only. Tonights game is about 80% sold. Saturdays' game is selling very well too. If Grand Rapids loses game 3, then you can bet game 5 will sell out quickly.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Per Syracuse.com, no Gudas for the Crunch although he did skate. Zettler says he is going with same lineup.
As for Fridays games, no seated tix left, only the ones for $15.00 that you get to sit with if the seat is not taken after 7pm. Great idea by the way. Also, the $2.00 hot dogs and beer from 6pm to 8pm are more brilliant ideas. You cant even get a bag of candy for that at the Oncenter. Crunch have no say in Oncenter concessions and get zero cash from those sales. Oncenter is run (or mis-run depending on how you look at it) by the County.
As for the scoreboard fiasco, the issue is with the connection from Time Warner Cable that broadcasts the game over the TV. There is no problem during non-televised games. There is an issue with the interface between their system and the Oncenter's, yet neither side wants to do anything to fix it. Makes the Crunch organization look really low budget when the County is the ones holding the bag.
Will be nice to watch a televised game that the scoreboard does not have a mind of its own. You folks really have it good with the management of the arena and a hockey club that see things on the same level and work together for the benefit of the fan.
Here's hoping the hockey is entertaining this weekend!

MissNHL

Oct 31, 2008
Hockeytown, Michigan
Just bought tickets to Saturday night's potential game.

Calder Cup finals, Founders Brewery, Hop Cat, mmmmm, gonna be a fun Saturday.

Mmm, we're doing dinner at Hop Cat on Friday. Grand Rapids has some very good restaurants and I always eat too much before the game and end up not enjoying my $2 beer...

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Mmm, we're doing dinner at Hop Cat on Friday. Grand Rapids has some very good restaurants and I always eat too much before the game and end up not enjoying my $2 beer...

Hop Cat has $2 beers? Planning a trip from windsor... Are tix already sold out for friday?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Griffins have $2 beers from 6-8pm

Last I heard they had 300 standing room tickets left and I wont be shocked if those are gone by now.

Okay thanks.. Stubhub has cheepest starting at $100. I cant see anyone paying that. That seems insane for beer prices though. Now that I know that Ill be making a few trips next year.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Okay thanks.. Stubhub has cheepest starting at $100. I cant see anyone paying that. That seems insane for beer prices though. Now that I know that Ill be making a few trips next year.

During the regular season, I think just about every Friday night, Van Andel Arena has $1 beer nights, for at least the first period or two. Prepare to double your visits!

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
Hope they don't need the extra game to close this one out, they have wasted their first chance in the three previous series.

At this point, I just want to see them close it out at home.

I would not be surprised at all to see Syracuse win on Friday. Its not like the Griffins have been dominating this team in all aspects of every game. Syracuse is not some punk team. They are a championship team that won the calder cup last season with Norfolk. About 3/4 of their roster won that cup last season.

Sure, I want to see the Griffins finish it on Friday just as much as any other GR fan does. At the same time though, if Syracuse wins, its not like GR fails epically.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
I have friends in the Griffins front office and they said that there are still a handful of standing room only tickets or GA seats available. This game was sold out by the weekend.

If you can't get tickets to Friday, get some for Saturday. You will get a refund if the game isn't played. I have a feeling the Crunch are going to win on Friday.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Crunch fans are hoping for at least one win to prevent the sweep but the difference in the "hunger" between the two teams is obvious even to non-hockey fans.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Do you guys now understand why Tatar was send down from NHL? He was destined to lead his AHL-team for glory he has been leading for 4 years. This was absolutely the best path that could happen for him. He didn't lose any develop, because he lost some NHL games. This AHL-playoff run developed him much much more as an individual.

Ken Holland knew it best, again. Man he is a lucky GM. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad