Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins are AHL CHAMPIONS!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Do you guys now understand why Tatar was send down from NHL? He was destined to lead his AHL-team for glory he has been leading for 4 years. This was absolutely the best path that could happen for him. He didn't lose any develop, because he lost some NHL games. This AHL-playoff run developed him much much more as an individual.

Ken Holland knew it best, again. Man he is a lucky GM. :sarcasm:

It has worked out and now this is two straight seasons where he should enter the off-season with worlds of confidence. If they win on Friday, he should be the winner of the Jack Butterfield Trophy, would think it is between Tatar, Mursak and Mrazek.

That is really the lucky part with this team. Mursak never should have cleared waivers, when a bunch of us were throwing a fit over him not getting a shot, I hope people have paid attention to what a healthy Jan Mursak is. Guy is +29 with 32 points in 43 games in Grand Rapids.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Do you guys now understand why Tatar was send down from NHL? He was destined to lead his AHL-team for glory he has been leading for 4 years. This was absolutely the best path that could happen for him. He didn't lose any develop, because he lost some NHL games. This AHL-playoff run developed him much much more as an individual.

Ken Holland knew it best, again. Man he is a lucky GM. :sarcasm:

1. There is absolutley no way to prove this
2. Your opinions are not facts

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1. There is absolutley no way to prove this
2. Your opinions are not facts

He has been a better scorer at playoffs than he was at regular season. Better scorer than ever. That's a fact of his development. Being in NHL would not have done anything any better. Now it's just percect that he can win something and get an experiment together with those guys. Nyquist was needed for NHL, so was Andersson. This is Tatar's Cup if anyone elses.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Gustav Nyquist is part of Sweden's preliminary 35 man squad for the Olympics in Sochi 2014... a long-shot, but still, he's gotten some attention over here

The squad

Goalies:
Jhonas Enroth, Buffalo
Viktor Fasth, Anaheim
Robin Lehner, Ottawa
Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers

Defensemen:
Jonas Brodin, Minnesota
Alexander Edler, Vancouver
Oliver Ekman Larsson, Phoenix
Jonathan Ericsson, Detroit
Nicklas Grossman, Philadelphia
Erik Gustafsson, Philadelphia
Victor Hedman, Tampa Bay
Niklas Hjalmarsson, Chicago
Erik Karlsson, Ottawa
Niklas Kronwall, Detroit
Douglas Murray, Pittsburgh
Johnny Oduya, Chicago
Henrik Tallinder, New Jersey

Forwards:
Patrik Berglund, St. Louis
Nicklas Bäckström, Washington
Jimmie Ericsson, Skellefteå
Loui Eriksson, Dallas
Johan Franzén, Detroit
Carl Hagelin, New York Rangers
Patric Hörnqvist, Nashville
Marcus Johansson, Washington
Marcus Krüger, Chicago
Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado
Oscar Lindberg, Skellefteå
Joel Lundqvist, Frölunda
Gustav Nyquist, Detroit/Grand Rapids
Niklas Persson, Rapperswil
Daniel Sedin, Vancouver
Henrik Sedin, Vancouver
Alexander Steen, St. Louis
Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
http://www.freep.com/article/201306...troitRedWings+(freep.com+|+Detroit+Red+Wings)

One of Mrazek’s best attributes, Osgood said Thursday as he drove around Grand Rapids, is that “he thrives on pressure. He enjoys it when the team is up by a goal with 10 minutes to go. Then he just becomes unbeatable. He believes he’s going to win every game. You have to have that as a goalie.”

Osgood has worked primarily with Mrazek, a fifth-round pick from 2010 who has turned into a blue-chip prospect. Much like Osgood and former Wing Dominik Hasek, Mrazek is imperturbable.

“Demeanor wise,” Osgood said, “he knows up 3-0, and he’s not even talking about it. That’s kind of like myself, and how Dom was.”

Mrazek, 21, made a very favorable first impression with the Wings when he delivered a 5-1 victory in his debut back in February. Part of what Osgood has tried to teach Mrazek is puck-handling, something at which Osgood excelled.

“He’s got all the attributes, he just needs to add a few things and grow before he’ll be in Detroit,” Osgood said. “I work with him on foot speed, on getting him to come out of the blue paint and challenge more. But he’s good. And he corrects himself. You don’t have to tell him over and over.”

kap0r

Dec 26, 2010
Bratislava
Tatar is basically a lock for the national team. (Panik from Tampa/Syracuse probably too ;) )
Jurco? Highly unlikely, he`s too young and unexperienced yet.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tatar is basically a lock for the national team. (Panik from Tampa/Syracuse probably too ;) )

Just want him (Jurco) to be on their national camp "sniffing the air". Just like Nyquist for Sweden. I don't think either will be on the final roster.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Not really sure why Panik would be that much more of a lock at this point in time, we are getting a good look at both over the last several months and Jurco is outperforming him both in this series and in the playoffs.

Will also predict at least one automatic game suspension for Panik on checking to the head.

I like Panik as a player, just think he is a curious bring to the Olympics and don't see a ton separating him and Jurco. Part of really why Jurco should be invited to a camp, I think he would surprise a lot these days after a slow couple months transitioning to pro hockey he has been on absolute fire.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Mrazek handled the puck better in juniors than Osgood did in the pros. He cannot teach him anything about that, Mrazek is simply put the best puck handling goalie we have had well since I have been alive.

All the players on our roster are better than Babcock ever were. Guess, Babcock can't teach them anything, eh?

Same with Bowman in 90s

;)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
All the players on our roster are better than Babcock ever were. Guess, Babcock can't teach them anything, eh?

Same with Bowman in 90s

;)

Has a lot more to do with the article claiming Osgood was actually a good puck handler, he was not. He isn't Howard or Hasek bad, but he was average in that regard and made some curious decisions back there. Mrazek is a step above where Osgood was, I am sure he can teach him some things, but Mrazek is very good with the puck already. Which I am super happy about, if this kid ever takes over the number one job, I will honestly never spend another second thinking, please don't do that when he leaves the crease.

Also why Jim Bedard is still around and really the goalie coach. Just having played doesn't make you a great teacher, an asset to the organization? Sure, but remains to be seen what kind of coach/scout/whatever Osgood is at this point. Time will tell, the Paterson pick is said to be heavily influence by Osgood, he worked well with Howard and now is helping Bedard with Mrazek. Would be great if he turned into Sean Burke.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Has a lot more to do with the article claiming Osgood was actually a good puck handler, he was not. He isn't Howard or Hasek bad, but he was average in that regard and made some curious decisions back there. Mrazek is a step above where Osgood was, I am sure he can teach him some things, but Mrazek is very good with the puck already. Which I am super happy about, if this kid ever takes over the number one job, I will honestly never spend another second thinking, please don't do that when he leaves the crease.

Also why Jim Bedard is still around and really the goalie coach. Just having played doesn't make you a great teacher, an asset to the organization? Sure, but remains to be seen what kind of coach/scout/whatever Osgood is at this point. Time will tell, the Paterson pick is said to be heavily influence by Osgood, he worked well with Howard and now is helping Bedard with Mrazek. Would be great if he turned into Sean Burke.

Yeah, gotcha. Agree with that.

I'd love Burke.

kap0r

Dec 26, 2010
Bratislava
hmmm, its not like slovakia is stacked or anything. your khlers is not very good.

well, let`s see, from the top of my head:
Hossa, Radivojevic, Kopecky, Gaborik, Surovy, Zaborsky, Tatar, Hudacek
these F`s are locks in my opinion. Marko Dano could be a sure thing too, if he won`t bust this season, since he showed up very well in the WC`s.

Not really sure why Panik would be that much more of a lock at this point in time, we are getting a good look at both over the last several months and Jurco is outperforming him both in this series and in the playoffs.

Will also predict at least one automatic game suspension for Panik on checking to the head.

I like Panik as a player, just think he is a curious bring to the Olympics and don't see a ton separating him and Jurco. Part of really why Jurco should be invited to a camp, I think he would surprise a lot these days after a slow couple months transitioning to pro hockey he has been on absolute fire.

Don`t get me wrong, I`m a huge fan of Tomas. Panik has two major advantages though - mega chemistry with Tatar (U18, U20...) and he`s more experienced, since he played with the "big boys" before.

I root for Jurco to get at least an invite, but IMO it`s highly unlikely that he gets a spot in the main roster.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
^ A lot of that makes sense, would take Jurco before I ever even considered Dano though. That one isn't even close, hell I would take a healthy Tvrdon over Dano. Not impressed with him at all, hoping the Wings don't continue their Slovakia trend in terms of him.

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
I suspect there won't be a spot for Jurco left, because they won't be taking many youngsters to Sochi. I think for the head coach Tatar and Panik are locks and they will also include Marincin. I would love to see Jurco in the mix though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad