Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins are AHL CHAMPIONS!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Positive side I think our first line played its worst game since they came back down. So they still got game one and Tatar and Nyquist were really MIA for a lot of the game.

Gus gets the empty netter, but lost in the fact they aren't producing crazy numbers since coming back is Andy and Nyquist are really driving play, yesterday was the first time they really didn't.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not that I expected him to say they would lose, but this is Panik's opinion on how the rest of the series will go.

“I know we are going to win three straight games and win the series here,’’ Panik said. “I know that. I know our team. I know what we’re capable of. We’re going to do it.’’

So guess he isn't even worried about the next one.:laugh:

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Where does this cockyness come from? Geez

he just seems to be an idiot. he's constantly talking, starting crap after the whistle and to make it even worse he's also diving. he reminds me of a young sean avery and i'm not sure that is something good.

the crunch have some very nice talents and i'm sure some of them will make tampa a better team soon, but panik is not one of them. he's just awful.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
Syracuse has to win 2 of 3 in Grand Rapids in order to stay alive. They are undefeated on the road in the post season though, so they have that going for them. I firmly believe the Griffins are going to win the cup at home in 5 games.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
he just seems to be an idiot. he's constantly talking, starting crap after the whistle and to make it even worse he's also diving. he reminds me of a young sean avery and i'm not sure that is something good.

the crunch have some very nice talents and i'm sure some of them will make tampa a better team soon, but panik is not one of them. he's just awful.

I think Richard Panik is a pretty good player. Realistically we would all be excited to have him in our own system. He plays the game with an edge and annoyance, but he is a skilled bigger player. Another one from the Slovakia power forward school.

In his stint in Tampa he was basically just as good as Nyquist and Tatar were up in Detroit. So dislike him because of how he chooses to play the game, but knocking his prospect status doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Should we have some cool nickname for Mrazek? :)

What would you prefer? The Kid Dominator? The Dominator Kid? Mrazeknator? Next Hasek?

I've dubbed him Patrick Roy Jr. since he looks like Patrick Roy in net but has some tendencies of Hasek. The kid is going to be a stud despite not having some good games in the AHL playoffs.

Although Petr Petr the Puck Eater is something I've heard and seen before.

crashman

Why aren't Pulkkinen and Jarkrok still over here playing? It seems like this would be good experience for them.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Why aren't Pulkkinen and Jarkrok still over here playing? It seems like this would be good experience for them.

They both have a bit of pro playoff experience already, and both have significant work to do in the offseason. Its probably best that they start training straight away, especially with the roster GR has at the moment. Dont fix what aint broke!

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan

Pulks played for the 1st few series but was knocked out of the lineup when Nyquist and Anderson joined the line up. he played well. showed a great shot good instincts and best of all he wasn't super slow out there. well be a top 6er next year in Grand Rapids probably on a line with Jurco and Ferraro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad