GDT: Gold Medal Game - May 20 - Sweden vs Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dijay

May 10, 2013
I have a question for the Swiss in this thread what language is used in your national teams when they doing interviews? since you are a 4 language country.
German, French or italian according to the area of the country.
We have 3 differents national TV channels.

Reactions: aphyro

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
SWEDES played so rad hockey and only team unbeaten. True champs. Leading the way on hockey.
Congratulations your best again and still.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Congrats to both teams fans, great tournament and great final. Right team won as they won all their games, it can't go wrong. Congrats for all the classy posters here in every GDT during the tournament. I mostly watched Finland's GDT's but there was some great people. Of course in every thread there are couple bad eggs, but it happens when emotions takes over you. I fully understand it.

And I understand if Finns are upset if Sweden wins gold. I mean its Sweden and Switzerland actually played very well lol. Doesn't change the fact that best team definitely won.

We will see a lot of you next year! Or maybe in WJC threads.
Why are the finns upset? Their own players aren t patriotic enough. Sweden with 20 and Finland with 8 NHL-Players. When was the last top-defender in finnish WHC-Team? I don t know!

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
We have 3 different TV stations, one German, one italian and one French. But all players speak german, there is actually only one from the Ticino (Michael Fora) and two from the french speaking part (Grégory Hofmann and Gaetan Haas) but all speak German.

Aha thank you :)

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
SWEDES played so rad hockey and only team unbeaten. True champs. Leading the way in hockey.
What was the %puck posession in this game? 70% for Sweden or what?

Reactions: LiveeviL

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
SWEDES played so rad hockey and only team unbeaten. True champs. Leading the way in hockey.
What was the %puck posession in this game? 70% for Sweden or what?
Aahahahah.
You are a funny guy.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Why are the finns upset? Their own players aren t patriotic enough. Sweden with 20 and Finland with 8 NHL-Players. When was the last top-defender in finnish WHC-Team? I don t know!
A lot of Swedens NHL players declined too. Swedes have just a lot bigger group to pick their players from.

Reactions: theslatcher

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
A lot of Swedens NHL players declined too. Swedes have just a lot bigger group to pick their players from.
Yes okay! But when had the finns a top-defender like Ristolainen,Vatanen or Maata in their team? Year for year i don t see them in squad? And every time under 10 NHLers.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Yes okay! But when had the finns a top-defender like Ristolainen,Vatanen or Maata in their team? Year for year i don t see them in squad? And every time under 10 NHLers.
I think everyone saw what the best Finnish squad can do at the World Cup. 0 wins. 1 goal scored.

Reactions: crossbownerf

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
I think everyone saw what the best Finnish squad can do at the World Cup. 0 wins. 1 goal scored.
This Team was 2016 not yet developed.Laine,Aho,Rantanen etc. were very young and inexperienced. You can t compared with now.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
That was a hell of a game, much better than that Bronze medal stinker. Sweden deserved the win but the Swiss were very impressive and the game could have really gone either way despite shot differential. Have to respect both teams.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Im happy Sweden won of course. I would have been happy for the Swiss too, but it is probably just a matter of time before they actually take gold in the WHC, so Im not too sorry for them either, they can be happy that they found a winning formula.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
If so Canada should win every year. Canada soenst do much more than hockey. Sweden is a small country. it their hockey program that are world leading

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
If so Canada should win every year. Canada soenst do much more than hockey. Sweden is a small country. it their hockey program that are world leading
Sure but I was only talking about how much Sweden has players in the NHL compared to Finland, nothing about Canada. If 30 Swedes decline, they have over 60 others (maybe a bit less because of the NHL playoffs), if 30 Finns decline, we have at most 5-10 players.

The difference is huge.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Sure but I was only talking about how much Sweden has players in the NHL compared to Finland, nothing about Canada. If 30 Swedes decline, they have over 60 others (maybe a bit less because of the NHL playoffs), if 30 Finns decline, we have at most 5-10 players.

The difference is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad