GDT: Gold Medal Game - May 20 - Sweden vs Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
They just interviewed Gregory Hoffman on Swiss TV and he couldn't finish the interview because he was crying. Heartbreaking to see.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Amazing game. The players looked extremely tired in OT. Swiss players must have been running on fumes for last 2 periods. Kudos for a great effort but Sweden deserved the win no doubt.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Nilsson didn’t start the game well but so much kudos for getting himself in to the game.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
asdasd.PNG

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
It seems like he isn't allowed to be creative at all in Edmonton, cause he is much better on oeam Sweden - especially offensively.

Too bad your coach never lets him use his puck skills. He has said, on record, it's been so much fun playing for Sweden, because the team actually utilized him to his full potential and let him play the puck. I will never understand how a coach can play Adam Larsson like he's Adam Foote.
Larsson is very impressive in the defensive part of the game, confident, tough, strong but still tons of sportmanship, after watching him more closely now he is one of my favorit Swedish players, ranking him really high.

He had a steady season behind him, nothing special but in our team he cant go forward so much because he had to nursing Klefbom almost the whole season. Hes a nightmare to play against mano to mano, his squeesing hits are breath taking, hes a king defending the crease.

I hope they give him some PP and let him follow up the attacks next season, have a feeling he will have a stellar season in Nhl and people forget who he got traded for!

He looked like a true No 1 D in the worlds, hope this boost him and the coaches watched the games!

Sry for all Larsson Love, there were so many great players in both teams, i had no dog in this fight so i cheered for Larsson! Cheers

Reactions: 21 and crossbownerf

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Thank you Switzerland for a great game. Next time I hope it will be concluded with OT only.

Guld! :)

Reactions: BruinLVGA

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
They just interviewed Gregory Hoffman on Swiss TV and he couldn't finish the interview because he was crying. Heartbreaking to see.
Didnt want to read that. Now i feel bad. I hope they win next year. And i hope they feel proud when everything settles.

Sher-Wood

May 12, 2003
Sweden
As a swiss fan, i'm not sad at all.
The sweden was clearly better. It was a super fun game for us. Finally, the gold is just a medal, pride is much more important.
We have to be realistic, lose in OT against this sweden is still a big achievment.
Thank you. And you earned your pride. Ever how much I cheer for Sweden I was happy for you guys playing a great game proving you deseved to be right there in the final. There is allways more tournaments and more to come.

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I am not that shocked with Larsson. Before he was drafted I thought he had Hedman potential. Just dunno why it hasn't turned out that way yet....
Probably because he wasn't as highly praised and both coaches have ignored his puck moving abilities, although Edmonton much more than the Devils. He hasn't developed as he could've and now he's stuck in probably the worst NHL franchise at player development.

Reactions: mjlee

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Didnt want to read that. Now i feel bad. I hope they win next year. And i hope they feel proud when everything settles.

It was hard to watch because he is such a happy go lucky young kid AND because this season he also had to endure a game 7 loss in the finals of the Swiss NLA, after he had a monster performance in the playoffs (14 goals in 18 games). I mean, talk about crap luck.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Congrats to both teams fans, great tournament and great final. Right team won as they won all their games, it can't go wrong. Congrats for all the classy posters here in every GDT during the tournament. I mostly watched Finland's GDT's but there was some great people. Of course in every thread there are couple bad eggs, but it happens when emotions takes over you. I fully understand it.

And I understand if Finns are upset if Sweden wins gold. I mean its Sweden and Switzerland actually played very well lol. Doesn't change the fact that best team definitely won.

We will see a lot of you next year! Or maybe in WJC threads.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
I have a question for the Swiss in this thread what language is used in your national teams when they doing interviews? since you are a 4 language country.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I have a question for the Swiss in this thread what language is used in your national teams when they doing interviews? since you are a 4 language country.

We have 3 different TV stations, one German, one italian and one French. But all players speak german, there is actually only one from the Ticino (Michael Fora) and two from the french speaking part (Grégory Hofmann and Gaetan Haas) but all speak German.

Reactions: aphyro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad