GDT: Gold Medal Game - May 20 - Sweden vs Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
Super Spiel Schwiiz.
German speaking falk showing solid effort at world's and olympics this year.
So the reason that we mostly suck can't be genetic ahahaha

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Well, it’s obviously gonna be a fair bit of swedes in a GMG GDT if Sweden is playing and some of us will behave poorly. The same goes for every nation on here with a significant fanbase. I was merely wondering why I see more finns upset over a swedish win than swiss fans upset over a swiss loss.
It's a gold medal game and lots of people watch hockey in Finland?

And of course everyone else than Swedes are rooting for the underdog going for the first gold.

Danish Pastry

this is dream!
Jan 3, 2009
Copenhagen
Fun game and great atmosphere down at the fan zone but what a shit way to end a championship.... the shootout is such complete garbage the title is on the line keep playing so stupid and annoying as a hockey fan... either way USA beat Canada twice so I’m good either way...

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
As a swiss fan, i'm not sad at all.
The sweden was clearly better. It was a super fun game for us. Finally, the gold is just a medal, pride is much more important.
We have to be realistic, lose in OT against this sweden is still a big achievment.
Glad to here it. I wish I was that mature when my teams loose.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Disgusting how the IIHF still uses the shootout to decide a winner. Good job tho Switzerland, you fought hard.

I want to see more shootouts because they're exciting but I agree that no team should be able to win a title with a shootout.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Cheer up Swiss! You were really awesome. Reminded me very much of how things went for Finland before we finally got our 1st gold. We like you were 1st once very surprisingly in the final, and were not really ready then and both got stomped by Sweden.

Then a few years later you like Finland then got to the final again with a very good and well skating team. It was 1994 for Finland and we lost against Canada exactly in the penalty shootout like you now against Sweden. You will get there soon again, and I think the next time then you will have enough of experience and world class players, and you will then get the gold. Great team and great fans! All the best for your hockey!

I already said it in the Finland Switzerland thread, but it needs repeating: Finnish fans are a classy bunch.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Disgusting how the IIHF still uses the shootout to decide a winner. Good job tho Switzerland, you fought hard.

I want to see more shootouts because they're exciting but I agree that no team should be able to win a title with a shootout.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
It's a gold medal game and lots of people watch hockey in Finland?

And of course everyone else than Swedes are rooting for the underdog going for the first gold.
Ofcourse yes, I still found it somewhat disproportionate.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
I am not that shocked with Larsson. Before he was drafted I thought he had Hedman potential. Just dunno why it hasn't turned out that way yet....

NorthernShark

Apr 26, 2018
So close Switzerland, but congrats to Sweden. I really think Switzerland is going to be a great Hockey Nation to come. #TimoTime

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
As a swiss fan, i'm not sad at all.
The sweden was clearly better. It was a super fun game for us. Finally, the gold is just a medal, pride is much more important.
We have to be realistic, lose in OT against this sweden is still a big achievment.
You could be nothing more than realy proud. Im realy impressed with your team!

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Danish Pastry

this is dream!
Jan 3, 2009
Copenhagen
Serious maybe the winning team but like all titles next year who gives a shit who was champ last year...

Edit: quoted the dude who said some shit about the winners remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad