GDT: Gold Medal Game - May 20 - Sweden vs Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Yes, the fact that there was only three players from last years whc-gold team, on this team has to be intimdating to other countries :) . Booth teams where stacked whit Nhlers.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Sweden was the best team in the tournament, didnt lose a single game. Switzerland lost 4.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
It was hard to watch because he is such a happy go lucky young kid AND because this season he also had to endure a game 7 loss in the finals of the Swiss NLA, after he had a monster performance in the playoffs (14 goals in 18 games). I mean, talk about crap luck.
Yeah that must suck but i think he will feel proud. Its a big step forward for Switzerland and he is part of it. In Sweden i am realy happy for Adam larsson whos Dad past away earlier this year. He played for his dad.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
A lot of Swedens NHL players declined too. Swedes have just a lot bigger group to pick their players from.
Exactly if five players say no its a lot for Finland but not for Sweden. I do belive Finish players care as much and some even more than Swedish. I hope we meet next time. The most nervwrecking games are against Finland.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Crazy Switzerland hasn't been trailing for like 166 minutes ,always either being ahead or a tied game, and still lost , what a pity

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah that must suck but i think he will feel proud. Its a big step forward for Switzerland and he is part of it. In Sweden i am realy happy for Adam larsson whos Dad past away earlier this year. He played for his dad.

That's great to hear, I am happy for Larsson. I know how it feels to lose one's father. I wouldn't wish it to anyone.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015

It was a real shame he hit the post there in the final seconds. Would've been the perfect ending if that went in, plus it wouldn't have been decided in the stupid shoot out.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Crazy Switzerland hasn't been trailing for like 166 minutes ,always either being ahead or a tied game, and still lost , what a pity

Reminds me of Switzerland at the soccer 2006 World Cup when they were the only team in World Cup history not to be scored on (not even one goal!) and got eliminated in the 1/8th of finals via penalty shots.

Moral victories feel good, but sometimes we truly get some crap luck. We are due for a bit of luck...

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Oh man, I was at the game.. pretty intense. A lot better than the Bronze game.
Game going to overtime made me miss my last train home to my part of Sweden so I had to "sleep" on a concrete floor to take the first one in the morning, arriving at home ~7AM.. I called in sick :P

Impressed by the Swiss, it was almost a perfectly executed gameplan by them.

Best part about the WCs is the fans though.. I was sitting in a section where there was a ton of different fans. Tons of respect and love between all of them.. Americans, Canadians, Danish, Lots of Swiss fans (a ton more than expected) Finnish and Swedish heavy drinkers but there was this one Swiss guy who was super drunk. Spilled an entire beer on the americans in front of him, was loud and all that. He even started to smoke despite people telling him not to.. once he left for the first intermission he never came back. Probably due to passing out somewhere or getting thrown out.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Exactly if five players say no its a lot for Finland but not for Sweden. I do belive Finish players care as much and some even more than Swedish. I hope we meet next time. The most nervwrecking games are against Finland.
Finland has much more NHL-Players than Switzerland. But in this WHC 8 NHLers in Team Swiss and 8 in team Finland. I still waiting when a top defender wan ts to play for Suomi.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Finland has much more NHL-Players than Switzerland. But in this WHC 8 NHLers in Team Swiss and 8 in team Finland. I still waiting when a top defender wan ts to play for Suomi.
This is one of the biggest problems we have. Ristolainen is our best defenseman currently, but he doesn't give a shit. Vatanen also doesn't give a shit. It's unclear if Määttä does, since he's won the Stanley Cup 2 times in a row and has had to focus on improving himself over the summer because of the slump caused by his health issues and injuries. After that we Lindell and Nutivaara, but they're not gonna cut it. It's pretty sad.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Didn't have a chance to write yesterday, but I watched the game. Both teams had so many chances to bury the game.
Either way, congrats to Sweden! Back to back golds, that's amazing! My heart goes out to the Swiss team and fanbase, you guys were so close to sealing the deal! Keep your head up though, it's just a matter of time until you get that first gold! Anyways, I'm looking forward to 2019 Slovakia. Definitely gonna try my best to make it there!

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Klingberg had a great time.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Retroglyphs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->