GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET • IV (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Pulling Fucale is a MISTAKE, and shouldnt be done, its a disaster waiting to happen putting a cold goalie into a game this big, down a man to boot.

Fucale can do this. he needs support from the dmen.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
When will Hockey Canada learn that you can't just take 4 scoring lines and expect to win, you need a bottom 6 of grinders, like an actual TEAM. You have to consider roles, not just take the best 20 players. Hockey Canada messing up again

They took a bunch of bottom 6 grinders last year and did worse than this year.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Refs have been absolutely fine btw. This site complains about them every single game

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
As long the defensemen close the gap and they play smart on the offensive blue line they'll win. It's mental mistakes that have Russian back in the game, not talent, skill or effort.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
re: the Vertanen hit

That's the type of hit Kronwall makes all the time and people defend. He didn't jump, the collision took him off the ice.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Reinhart will be important in the third. If this team is gonna survive through this game, he will have to be the leader. This team lives or dies with him.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
At the end of the day, these are still kids, which is why you have such huge swings in play.

Fucale has been dreadful though. He has no rebound control. Just throw it at the net and see what happens.

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

I know this is iihf rules but leaving your feet is a penalty even in the nhl. A lot of layers get away with it if they leave their feet after contact.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Can the refs please put that whistle away in the third? I think Russia has gotten enough PP's to come back now.

I want 18 mins of ES. If there isn't another penalty called, we will win this game, no doubt.

not yet

they owe Canada 4 straight.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I'll be shocked if Canada wins this now.

We are rattled so I agree.

Anyway, it is what it is. If we lose, life goes on.

Go Canada Go in the 3rd. Kill the penalty and bring it home.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think Russia wins hate to say it.

You just cannot allow a team to get back in the game when you are up 5-1.

Fucale must have little to no confidence right now even if most of the goals were not his fault.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well yeah:laugh: but comon! Aaron Ekblad sounds more swedish then Eric Lindros!

His great grandad Axel Lindros came over from Bredaryd. (near Värnamo.)

Ekblad is ofc from Swedish stock as well... his brother Darien mentioned it in an interview a few years ago... think it was great grandparent as well.

Aurelian

Nov 21, 2013
Woah. I turned it off when it was 5-1 (I'm cheering for Russia obviously)
What the happened?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Here's and Idea

Can The Defense please stop pinching and let the offense worry about the offense.

How is Sam Reinhart the last guy back????

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
some people still can't understand that IIHF reffing is different than NHL

Except it shouldn't be. It's a deliberate attempt to level the playing field against a superior Canadian team.

miked1101

May 19, 2011
I wouldn't want any of you guys on my team, turning on each other already, christ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad